How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-10-2005
V.I.P.

Love MariaCarla's black dress! The hair is beyond cool and at first glance I thought they were wearing netting.

02-10-2005
i'm almost ready..

is there a place online to view the entire collection?........

02-10-2005
V.I.P.

^ if you just hang on until tomorrow, I think the coverage will be in the Vogue sites

02-10-2005
i'm almost ready..

^thanks very much, pandinha.....
i'm awfully curious.....

02-10-2005
trendsetter

THIS IS
S-P-E-C-T-A-C-U-L-A-R..........

THIS IS WHAT FASHION IS ABOUT.

NOT ABOUT SONE FIVE POCKET FITTED JEANS AND COTTON SHIRTS
I'M NOT A WOMAN AND IF I WAS I PROBABLY WOULDNT WEAR MOST OF IT, BUT FASHION IS NOT ONLY ABOUT CLOTHSES TO WEAR. IT IS ABOUT INNOVATION AND THE DESIGNERS DESIRE TO CREATE SOMETHING NEW AND DIFFERENT THAT WE CAN ADD TO THE "LEXICON" OF FASHION. I WISH THERE WOULD BE MORE DESIGNERS LIKE HIM AND THE ONES WHO EXIST (CHALAYAN, WATANABE,YOURS TRULY,ETC..) WOULD BE RESPECTED MORE THAT THESE WHO ARE JUST ABOUT SEX,SEX SEX OR JUST DONT HAVE ONE "IOTA" OF TALENT.
THERE ARE SOME COLLECTIONS THAT I DONT BOTHER TO LOOK AT BECAUSE I CAN TELL YOU WHAT I WILL SEE, BUT WITH YHOJI THERE IS ALWAYS THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE.
THE TUBING MAY NOT SELL THIS SEASON BUT I CAN SEE IT EVOLVING INTO SOMETHING SOFTER, SMALLER AND BEAUTIFUL IN ANOTHER COLLECTION-FOR ANOTHER SEASON. THIER ARE PIECES I WOULD DEFINITELY BUY, AND YES AT THE HIGH PRICES BECAUSE I KNOW I CAN WEAR FOR YEARS TO COME..

YHOJI= CREATIVITY,

BRING ON PARIS......................

Last edited by zamb; 02-10-2005 at 11:13 PM.
03-10-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamb

THIS IS WHAT FASHION IS ABOUT.
totally agree though i don't mind the fitted jeans and cotton shirts either
i'm a newbie in fashion too...don't know enough either. but just looking at it, the tubes seemed weird at first...but its growing on me, especially the red one on Mariacarla. i do hope it WOULD evolve into something smaller and wearable.
and the makeup is amazing!! love the stencil + glitter so much...
yohji!!!!

sleeping

i couldn't agree more with everything zamb said
can't wait untill the whole collection is up

V.I.P.

I knew Paris would bring innovation to fashion. Ppl have been saying it's v. aggresive which it is with the camo, the guerilla-esque makeup. I do see this side of it, but it also seems to be a modern interpretation of 18th century rigourous French court dress. There's a subtle romance behind it. I love the combination of soft and structured in the dresses. The stiff collars coming out from the billowing shirts. It's a striking combination. The tubing is also a great structural detail. I'm only admiring from a purely aesthetic point of view, seeing as I probs wouldn't wear most of this (nor am I able to afford it!!) but I do love Yohji for what he's done.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
03-10-2005
V.I.P.

I enjoy it quite a bit. I love Yohji's use of proportions and pleating....

03-10-2005
backstage pass

The dragon dress is a killer! I'm 50/50 on this collection. I only wished that camo dress was black, it would've been way better. Either way though, Yohji always has at least something in there I like! Can't wait to see the whole collection~!

trendsetter

It's very creative, which is good in itself, and it certainly puts him on a different level to almost everything else that's been shown this season. He still has the capacity to create something genuinely "new" like the tubing decoration (although it reminds me slightly of the Gaultier outfits from the Fifth Element). One thing does irk with me though, and it's something I've thought about YY for a while. Travolta mentioned that he has said in teh past that he wants the woman to wear the clothes, not the other way around, so that the woman can prject her "self" onto or into the outfit. But how is this possible with such elaborate pieces, like the big dragon dress. Isn't anyone who ever sees that outfit on someone just going to think - "look at the dragon dress"?

I think his clothes are much bette when they are quieter, more "poetic" as softgrey would say. The simpler outfits are much better for me, the blue jacket, the black and white shirts etc. I think he is best when he's subtle.

03-10-2005
Swim Upstream

^^ I absolutely agree johnny...these last two shows have been a little departure for yohji in terms of mood....his clothes are usually so quiet and peaceful somehow whereas this and the last show do seem harder and more aggressive. Don't get me wrong, I think they are on the whole very beautiful, but I don't get the usual sense of calm when I see them (or indeed when I watched the last show on the YY website). I wonder what music he used for this show. The tubing is quite aggressiive looking and whilst I do like the idea of a dragon dress I find it a bit too literal in practice. I think I prefer 'etherial & wistful yohji' rather than 'aggro-yohji'. But I do love some of it very much.

03-10-2005
urd
tfs star

very inspiring! I like it a lot, exept the camouflage

03-10-2005
Swim Upstream

I just had a look at the whole collection and some of the pieces are so lovely as usual with YY....but I must say that I am really not liking the camouflage and the dragon pieces. With the dragon pieces its too literal and quite cumbersome looking to the point it would be really uncomfortable to wear.....too many triangular flaps getting in the way. I really like the tubular shapes on the white shirts and the sculpted feel of some of the jackets. He is a clever man yohji!

03-10-2005
front row

Pictures are up on vogue uk and oh so lovely

Just one example where the tubing seems actually quite nice:

www.vogue.co.uk

*edit: agree Helena

Last edited by nr9dream; 03-10-2005 at 05:41 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, paris, s or s, yamamoto, yohji