How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-04-2009
fashion elite

FW 06/07 will always be my favorite season. Every show was just beautiful. Even Roberto Cavalli was extraordinary. The furs were done so right and the accessories were amazing... I could go on for days.

26-04-2009
V.I.P.

fashion between 03 and 07 was fantastic imo. seen alltogether, they were so utterly optimistic, colorful, fun. from 07 on, fashion became more subdued, darker. imo it lost its' sparkle.

26-04-2009
backstage pass

In my opinion
spring summer 2005 RTW

It was an easy fresh summery season, I remember Fendi with those multicolored dresses, Cavalli and his africa hommage...the sea collection from Versace (stunning show!!), the coolness and freshness of CHLOE (remember?) plus Stella Mc Cartney...Chanel, Dolce and the line up of 80 models for the first time I think...Alessandro dell acqua! Lanvin! Blumarine and the folky marrokee collection...Mc queen and the chess game
didnt you just love that season???

Plus the models at that season were perfection
simply perfection!!

backstage pass

I have to add though that my first love was Chloe in that show of spring summer 2003...remember the Bardot /kate moss hair & makeup???
stunning !!

fashion icon

When I saw this thread I thought of F/W 2006 immediately! That was truly an amazing season, so many great shows, and the campaigns and the models and so on... My favorite season ever!

26-04-2009
Alluring

I also have to add SS 06, there were few pretty outstanding and unforgetable moments:

Dolce & Gabbana - rural romanticism, one of my favourite D&G collections ever.
Lanvin - gorgeus show with all the geisha inspired perfection, and it was really perfect.
Prada - I love this girly sweetnes and subtle sensuality of the clothes, the combination of lovely light dresses, knee-high socks and bamboo wedges was brilliant.
Balenciaga - just beautiful. Luxorius, opulent and very classy.
Jean Paul Gaulteir - another rural inspiration and another amazement.
Chanel - wonderful mix of classical Chanel and modern coolnes, plus such an amazing idea with Chanel PC and models standing on a keyboard!
Christian Dior - wonderful ethereal clothes with fantastic soundtrack.
John Galliano - amazing alternative cast show.

O gosh, I'm getting sentimental again..

27-04-2009
Looking Up

lol Its seems Im not the only one who absolutely loves F/W 06.07. The season was a total knock out. Versace, Dior and Balenciaga were the best!!! Everything else was brilliant too! Cavalli (surprisingly), Chloe, Givenchy, YSL, Gucci, Lanvin and Alexander McQueen.

27-04-2009
Looking Up

Oh and Valentino!!!! How can I forget that unforgettable collection. How can I forget the impossibly beautiful dresses and the super-lux hair and makeup.

27-04-2009
Stitch:the Hand

i think the seasons between 1999-2002. i think we saw the most innovative and amazing stuff in that span. bernhard willhelm bursting on the intl. front with quite possibly the freshest voice. jurgi persoons was still flourishing in his homespun tippi hedren in the birds,style. preen was doing the rockabilly gothic victoriana with recycled textures. viktor & rolf was still uber-creative with their stars and stripes(a/w 00),black hole(a/w 01),white(s/s 02) and bluescreen(a/w 02). and of course margiela was margiela not diesel injected margiela.

28-04-2009
barcode

For me, the best overall season that I can recall was F/W 2003. There were just so many bold collections that, for whatever reason, left an impression on me. The timing of that seasons' shows probably added to how impactful they were. Even though for the most part the collections were being worked on before the threat of war became more and more real, the strength and beauty that a lot of the collections projected was like a defiant stance against everything that started happening right after they concluded.

Beyond that, the season is just sort of a benchmark for me. I'm constantly comparing newer collections from designers I follow to the collections that were shown that season.

19-10-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche DuBois View Post
In my opinion
spring summer 2005 RTW

It was an easy fresh summery season, I remember Fendi with those multicolored dresses, Cavalli and his africa hommage...the sea collection from Versace (stunning show!!), the coolness and freshness of CHLOE (remember?) plus Stella Mc Cartney...Chanel, Dolce and the line up of 80 models for the first time I think...Alessandro dell acqua! Lanvin! Blumarine and the folky marrokee collection...Mc queen and the chess game
didnt you just love that season???

Plus the models at that season were perfection
simply perfection!!
yes yes yes! you cannot forget the dior show of spring 2005! ahhh 2005 for fashion was devine!!

19-10-2011
front row

My ULTIMATE favorite was fall 2005. Balenciaga with the military coats, Rochas with Theyskens's to-die- for dresses, Louis Vuittion's gothic girl collection, Prada and Miu Miu's cool carefree 60's girl collections, Chanel and Dior's 1960s- like collection. UGH devine.

20-10-2011
backstage pass

I want to say I'm suprised about how much love Fall/Winter 2006 is recieving, but I'm not It was such a beautiful season, it's when I first started buying my fashion magazines too

Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, Baleciaga, Rochas, Chloe, Givenchy, Prada, Gucci, Versace, just everything

And I agree with most people, since Spring 2007, fashion started going downhill. I miss extreme volume, I miss designers experimenting. I know part of it has to do with the economy, but fashion is just so boring now
I don't think I single Spring 2012 show made me gasp with excitement or get excited like watching fashion shows used to

okay, done with my rant~

V.I.P.

My favorite season is Fall/Winter 2008
All shows was f*cking amazing
I still remember when I watched shows on TV
It was wonderful days

21-10-2011
fashion elite

Hmmm! I was about to post FW 2006! FW 2008/2009 was great as well.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
favorite, season or year