How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-03-2010
trendsetter

I don`t like dresses....but I love all coats, jackets and suits....very YSL.

09-03-2010
front row

aww i like this although the sixth look look's a bit like a nun hehe

09-03-2010
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

I like how it looks very Amish yet trendy at the same time!

09-03-2010
V.I.P.

fantastic introduction, but it goes awfully late 80s, early 90s in the 2 looks before the last 5 looks.

and these?

style.com

need to be burned, with fire, with lava, with the ashes being flown into the sun.

and i wouldn't mind if the vinyl parts would be passengers of that particular flight too...

10-03-2010
V.I.P.

Adore it

tfs star

This is very nice, much better than last season. That last yellow piece is amazing. I loved those extruding shapes and the pants were killer. Strangely enough I really liked those pvc capes and the hats.

10-03-2010
V.I.P.

Probably the most boring YSL collection from him. What happened to him? I remember when YSL was one of the most anticipated shows of the season. Everything with him is so stale and conservative lately.

fashion elite

i can'T decide if i like it or not - i think it's okay -not breathtaking - don't like the shoes though - i prefer more 'delicate' shoes, not ones that are that clunky

fashion insider

Although I don't like this collection at all I think the concept is pretty nice, monastic austerity with plastic details and a bit of color at the end. I think one of the biggest mistakes in this collection (and in his latest ones) is the bad use of materials, specially for shirts, they could have looked much better in other fabrics. Anyway I've to admit the cuts of the skirts are perfect.

These outfits are pretty good, without a doubt they're the best of the whole collection (forget about the necklaces).

Look at these jackets.

And I like the plastic detail here like if it was a cape...

I love the gloves and the sunglasses.

This dress is quite a good idea that could have been developed much more. Taking care about the fabrics it could have looked wonderful.

style

Last edited by Creative; 11-03-2010 at 06:15 AM.
11-03-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

there's austerity and then there's austerity. i don't know what's going on in pilati's life, but he's taken this obsession a few clicks too far with this collection. sure, these shoes and bags will sell and probably some of the dresses and skirts, too, but who on earth wants to look like they're about to enter a convent? he didn't even give us a striking silhouette to swoon over. what francisco gave us at calvin was genius, this is just half-hearted.

backstage pass

I liked this collection a lot. So many pieces are great for winter day wear.

I see a number of looks reflecting the late Yves Saint Laurent's work and aesthetics. If I'm not horribly misremembering, this is a first for Pilati.

11-03-2010
V.I.P.

sophisticated collection!!! love!

11-03-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeijames View Post
there's austerity and then there's austerity. i don't know what's going on in pilati's life, but he's taken this obsession a few clicks too far with this collection. sure, these shoes and bags will sell and probably some of the dresses and skirts, too, but who on earth wants to look like they're about to enter a convent? he didn't even give us a striking silhouette to swoon over. what francisco gave us at calvin was genius, this is just half-hearted.
I agree, and what really gets me is that the fabrics don't look so...luxurious. If you are going to be this dry then the fabrics need to be delicious.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1011, f or w, laurent, paris, saint, yves