How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-03-2012
rising star

wmagazine.com

05-03-2012
rising star

and the man himself!

wmagazine.com

05-03-2012
tfs star

Pure elegance! He started to get back to his best in Spring/Summer 2011 collection, he did great collections, with ups and downs but still true to his mind and vision.

Stefano leaves YSL with an ultra elegant & french sex-appeal collection, with style that oozes pure sexy dark confidence and sensuality! Very strong in suits and jumpsuits (tailored clothes), very true to the Yves Saint Laurent brand and aesthetics!

Stellar collection! So chic and so bold, great job Stefano!
You will be missed (a lot)!

Last edited by miguelalmeida; 05-03-2012 at 05:01 PM.
05-03-2012
she's got the look

Stunning collection! Very elegant, I love how chic the fabrics look.
Such a pity he's no longer designing for them, I really appreciated his work for the brand.

Looking Up

SO beautiful. It's so consistent and so centralized. There's a very addictive and alluring personality through the whole thing. Especially those really snappy leather coats. So dark and sexy The tailoring is just insane.

05-03-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagerfeldBoy View Post
Am I the only one underwhelmed?
Nope!

YSL can use some fresh blood for sure! This collection proved it!

05-03-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagerfeldBoy View Post
Am I the only one underwhelmed?
You are not. I don't see any wow factors at all. Good to see Pilati leaving.

05-03-2012
backstage pass

I really don't know why, I'm just not whelmed by it I haven't honestly been wowed by a Pilati collection since Spring 2007, he just fell into this rut where everything was tailored, plain, and boring. I thought things were starting to pick up after Spring 2011, and I even liked his last collection before this one, but this isn't that exciting. I like the calla lily patterns and some of the glittery pieces but nothing to get my heart racing.

I'm excited to see who they place on the throne, if the rumors of Hedi Slimane don't turn out to be true, but I would love to see what he can do

backstage pass

My initial quickie on page one might have been a bit lukewarm. This is a very good collection. The quality of fabric, cut, proportion and the vision are all spot on. This is sexy, decadent, unabashed luxury.

My only slight hang-up with Pilati at YSL is that perhaps his work has had a propensity to retro? Perhaps we could say that's honouring the brand positioning. Which can be no bad business with a storied house. It is a big job. But Stefano has done it well and this is an excellent calling card for being maintained at the highest level.

05-03-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheItGirl View Post
It is very hard indeed to see the last collection of the designer who made me fall in love with fashion and Parisian chic at the first place. That's why this collection means so much to me - it embodies everything I love about French pret-a-porter - it embodies a very strong, confident, subtle, yet sexy woman who looks just as good in le smoking as in her evening dress. Stefano was perfect for YSL and YSL was equally as perfect for Stefano. I hope that we will see more of his work soon.
Such a lovely sentiment.

I was actually thinking to say that this collection is as close to Milan as Paris gets. If that makes sense. But I decided in the end that that would be unbalanced. Stefano's YSL woman has been very Parisien.

05-03-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolkfolk View Post
This is a seriously perfect collection. Every single look is a hit!!! As much as I love Hedi Slimane I agree with HeatherAnne they're really making a huge mistake. I think everybody agrees that he's really comfortable at the helm of the house now and even though his latest collections have been impeccable; Hehad delivered some very stunning moments at the beginning of his career at the house. I've always believed that he was the perfect man to embody and create the modern YSL woman. You can still feel the essence of Mr Saint Laurent: the strong, ubber sexy and so elegant androgynous aesthetic of his designs as well as a certain touch of exoticism and yeah a bit of eroticism too. Yet Stefano pushed it forward making it more actual more appealing in our society. I made a little retrospective of all his collections before looking at this one and I really don't understant how you can choose to get rid of a designer who evolves so well. And it's not only the collections but the whole image that he built during his time. Delivering one it-bag after another, one stellar supermodel campaign after another, keeping the name YSL trendy and in the moment without making it flashy or in your face like Karl at Chanel or even Marc at Louis Vuitton tend to do. His work was humble, chic and honest even when people didn't like his work I always found it well-thought-out, inspiring and with a pasionate.
I'm really glad he got a standing ovation, not only because this is for me the best collection from PFW so far, but because he deserves it and like Raf Simons he will be greatly greatly miss. Hedi Slimane better bring his A-game.
I'm sure well I hope we're gonna see plenty more of beautiful collections by Mr Pilati.
I do feel persuaded to your view.

05-03-2012
V.I.P.

What a way to go out - with a BANG. Fantastic collection. I love the belts.
I can't believe they are going to let him get away.

05-03-2012
backstage pass

i understand that some people may be underwhelmed by this. it isn't overly innovative. but he has done this season what so many others have failed to do, and that is exciting. every other show has done leather in some way that is just so unflattering to the female form (ie leather caccoon shape jackets, leather palazzo pants that are too baggy, leather trench coats that are too boxy). but everything i see here is beautifully tailored and wearable whilst still being 'on trend' with what so many other designers are doing

05-03-2012
V.I.P.

Some details

-style.com

05-03-2012
V.I.P.

-style.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, f or w, laurent, paris, saint, yves