How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

I'm not a woman/shopper that normally goes nuts over a pair of shoes or a bag but seriously the bags/shoes here.

The belts on the other hand... just when they were fading from the real world, Paris brings these ugly things back, they don't look good on everyone.. and most women just wear them with such laziness you just want to burn them!

03-10-2011
Mr. Magic

Even I tempted to buy one pair, put it on a pedestal and stare at it every morning. Guhhh!

(IT'S GOING DOWN
ô)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

Very chic: rich jewel-toned colours, cool "scarf" tops, nice hip belts (more of these...trend alert). Elegant collection, very YSL.

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged
04-10-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
The belts on the other hand... just when they were fading from the real world, Paris brings these ugly things back, they don't look good on everyone.. and most women just wear them with such laziness you just want to burn them!
I agree with every word you say. Celine, Chloe, YSL.. they all brought these ugly belts back, hope it won't be that much of a trend 'cos it really looks awful.

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

love it especially the shoes

04-10-2011
trendsetter

personally, i think pumps with giant metal is very unattractive...LESS IS MORE, Stefano.

04-10-2011
Geometric Discharge

This certainly isn't my favourite Saint Laurent collection ever, but Pilati's work never fails to intrigue me.
Though I do not appreciate some of the looks, it is made quite apparent with the contrasting of the colours that these pieces can work so well on their own.
And, of course, each piece has an interesting part to it, for example the skirts from last season had these gorgeous little vents either side of the back that blew open as the woman walks; Pilati has reused this but also taken it a step further by moving the vents to the front and creating a fullness in a panel between the seam on the back and the seam and vent on the front. This forming that cute little coned shape at the sides of the skirt.
I am very grateful to Pilati for not following the lead of some of the bigger houses and designing a full-on winter collection for spring. In fact he has done quite the opposite and a number of the pieces from blouses and dresses to trousers, are made up in the lightest silk habotai.
I am quite in love with the finale pieces, especially the habotai dresses and I feel the last dress with the loose back is really quite a modern piece of eveningwear.
I'd be very interested to see these pieces up close, and also the two coats with the golden zips on the sleeves.

04-10-2011
tfs star

One of my favourite collections this season! The last 2 dresses are amazing.

04-10-2011
fashion elite

One of my favourite YSL collections in recent memory. Some of the looks like ooze sex appeal.

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

I dunno whats wrong with me but all those shoes must be one of the most beautiful i've ever seen. Including those with golden plate, they're the best. Didnt even watch the clothes..

trendsetter

i think i will buy some from this YSL collection like one piece and tops, comparing with the messy CHANEL which is a true mess.

04-10-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Love his use of jewel tones, so incredibly flattering on every skin tone. Adore those printed skirts and dress, the sexy black gowns at the end and the sleek solid looks like these:

Gorgeous feel to the entire collection, capped off by the perfect gold-toe shoes.

source:catwalking

06-10-2011
fashion insider

07-10-2011
Geometric Discharge

Did they hire Lanvin's show editor this season? The official show on the YSL website is full of slow-motion and detail shots in time to the music, which enables you to see the details very clearly.
And the finale gowns in slow-motion - speechless.

07-10-2011
fashion elite

Yves Saint Laurent | Spring Summer 2012 | Full Show

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, laurent, paris, s or s, saint, yves