How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-02-2012
V.I.P.

Z Spoke by Zac Posen F/W 12.13 New York

-style

07-02-2012
V.I.P.

-style

07-02-2012
V.I.P.

By Brittany Adams

Quote:
Now in its sixth season, Zac Posen's lower-priced Z Spoke line has come of age. The look of the collection has matured way beyond those blaring, fruity prints from his first show. More and more, Posen is applying the strengths established with his namesake label to everyday sportswear. The constructed seaming found in the designer's evening gowns, for example, appears here on sharp, shrunken jackets ("it's all about putting the line in the right place," he said) as well as on pleated, wide-leg satin pants with "karate stitching."

At times, the lineup had a slight nineties vibe to it, which Posen described as "Americana gone to the dark side." Sweaters came with slashed sleeves, and there was a burgundy velvet tank dress worthy of Alicia Silverstone circa Clueless. Z Spoke's noteworthy accessories, including matte leather satchels with tough, tonal hardware and a silver fox clutch, were fresh finishing touches that won't break the bank.

-style

07-02-2012
tfs star

Very sophisticated! I like it!

backstage pass

some of the bags look like exact replicas of the celine trapeze...nice collection though

08-02-2012
V.I.P.

this certainly looks more grown up than his previous z spoke collections. I just wish we had a full-length view on the outfits, it's a bit hard to judge when you can't see the whole dress.....

08-02-2012
backstage pass

Dark side !? Hardly

If anything evokes a bit of 90's darkness it's hair, make-up and model attitude.

If you study the actual clothes it's rather conservative fare still with as many silhouettes and details from 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's as 90's.

Messy vision, poor realisation, confusion. Zac Posen just can't do 'dark'.

08-02-2012
V.I.P.

i think he'd done a fantastic job on this. i am loving the square neck dress. i also love that he's used full length dresses here on this diffusion line. usually designers cheap out and opt for short dresses to save money on fabric costs.

08-02-2012
V.I.P.

I find it uninspirational and sloppy!

08-02-2012
V.I.P.

I don't understand why he insists on using these sort of photography to present his collections. It does NOTHING for the pieces. In fact, I agree with PerfectTonight, looks very sloppy. I'd also add, dirty. It's just cheap and not flattering (I know, I know, this is Zac Posen were're talking about). Any potential that these pieces may have is ruined by the awful presentation.

trendsetter

I love this collection! It looks very well done & thought out.

10-02-2012
fashion elite

It looks really dated and I think the presentation ruined any hope the collection had.

10-02-2012
girl who fell to earth

i think there are some nice pieces in here, but agree the collection is tough to fully assess due to the presentation...
even something as simple as pulling back that bluntly cut hair would have helped
especially on the blonde
i feel like it covers up too many necklines and shoulder details that i would have liked to get a better look at

V.I.P.

I think that this is a wearable and sellable collection but the models' overposing is distracting and makes me have to study the looks too much. I like Posen's body con looks, and have said before that he needs to diversify, and he has here with some nice tailored looks, and I think he needs to continue on that path.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, f or w, posen, spoke, york, zac