How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-01-2007
front row

ditto

i love what iv seen but i just want to see more

25-01-2007
taz
MUSE

whatever he is doing now...won't erase the horrible images of his early shows from my memory..his early design sucks.

Last edited by taz; 25-01-2007 at 04:36 AM.
25-01-2007
G86
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92
very talented designer...did anyone catch his collection for mango? (i think it was only available in the middle east unfortunately)
i actually saw his collection for mango here in K.S.A it was nice, not wow over the top but it wasn't that bad. i didn't like his work before but when i saw this show on FTV i was amazed. it's very beautiful.

25-01-2007
scenester

he's going the same way Elie Saab is going.he should put more originality in his work, to make it his.

25-01-2007
V.I.P.

Zuhair Murad!! I know now, he was the one who did the 20s dancers inspired one before this...what are they called flappers?

25-01-2007
fashion icon

Oh my , James dahhling that's J'gorgeous!!

I like his gowns, the colour palette and the details. I would love to see more too.

I think he is very red-carpet material and i can see a certain resemblance between him and Elie (in a good way) though he's more flamboyant.

fashion icon

Zuhair Murad Zuhair Murad : Rising Couture Stars

PARIS, Jul 15, 2004/ FW/ --- Lebanese designer Zuhair Murad presented one of the most exciting Fall/Winter 2004-2005 haute couture collections in Paris. Staged at the Carrousel du Louvre, it brought a delightful breath of fresh air to the couture season.
In this collection, Zuhair Murad gave free run to his Romanesque ideals, skilfully combining them with the reality of today’s fashionable woman. At the crossroad of his runways, myth and literature see the day as couture for a modern day Carmen Jones mixes with the elegance of Princess Scheherazade.
Opening to immediate applause, Murad sent forth to the runway a sumptuous lace skirt with embroidered flowers with a tweed jacket in beige embellished with elegant, well-placed leather applications. It was followed by a beautiful dress made in black and gold lace. The dress’ small jacket in embroidered leather works well with a woman’s figure.
His black tulle and lace jumpsuit also drew instant applause from the receptive audience. That is no doubt in large part to its detailing which included black pearl embroidery on the delicate lace. His beautiful sleeveless gown with straps and vivid colours transcended the dreary weather that confronted fashion week, transporting us all to the warms sands of an oasis in the sky.
His translucent dresses in prune are sexy, yet wisely cut with a steady hand. They are fit for any formal occasion when a woman needs to make her presence feel. And no one should be surprised to find his stunning gold, translucent dress with marabou embellishments on the red carpet at next year’s Oscar ceremony. The only question is who will walk away with the ceremony’s top honours: the actresses or this dress!
While his short dress in lace with roses is truly sensational, it is his big translucent dress with matching coat in green and set of with a train that is a true winner.
Murad went on to achieve other great things in this collection. His gorgeous dress in gold and brown lace and which laces in the front with re-embroidered sleeves is scored a major TKO on the audience.
His gorgeous bustier dress in re-embroidered tulle and its coordinated bolero in lace are divine. However, due to its sexy (and very high) split, I am forced to conclude that this dress is the single most dangerous piece in the entire collection! There can be no doubt as to a woman’s true intentions when she steps out in this sinful number.
Murad is poised to be one of this couture season’s biggest winners thanks to his ever-developing talents.
Since debuting his collections in Paris, he has consistently ameliorated techniques. The shape and form of his silhouettes can now be compared to those of other well renowned couturiers. It is so evident in watching the beautiful and dazzling silhouettes as they descend the runway. Thanks to his talent for synthesizing the rich colours of his native homeland with the elegance of European women, even bigger things are to be expected of the rising couturier star.

(fashionwindows.com)

V.I.P.

Thanks FashionJunkie!

25-01-2007
V.I.P.

Aren't there any more pics at getty or stuff? I'm sorry cause I don't have an account

25-01-2007
V.I.P.

they re amazing, especially the first pic posted

25-01-2007
scenester

I haven't been able to find any other pictures from Zuhair Murad's latest collection on any photo sites. However, he will eventually post pictures on his website: www.zuhairmurad.com.lb

25-01-2007
G86
front row

[quote=solomonsdevalois]he's going the same way Elie Saab is going.he should put more originality in his work, to make it his.[/quote

i've noticed that lebanses designers are all this way. i think because this is what people in lebanon and the middle east want. but i agree he should be more original.

25-01-2007
backstage pass

Yawn.

fashion icon

I even searched AP and only what they have is what it is around, I went through all my agencies; sipa, getty, reuters, no one did coverage of it but AP. I can post HQ of what we did see if anyone is interested? It's absolutely gorgeous. I cannot WAIT to see this entire collection.

25-01-2007
V.I.P.

^Yes please

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
07, couture, haute, murad, paris, s or s, zuhair