American Idol - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
22-02-2005
V.I.P.

American Idol
Hey I wanted to request pictures of the top umm I think 24 contestants on American Idol. I can't find any pictures of them but I thought I'd ask ya'll since you know of more places to look! Thank you!

13-03-2005
front row

http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/

Size matters.
14-03-2005
V.I.P.

Entertainment EssentialsDownload MusicGossipMovie ShowtimesNew on DVDPhoto GalleriesReality TVTV to DVDhttp://[img]http://ad.doubleclick.ne...759?[/img]
Mario Vazquez Drops Out of 'American Idol'
Mar 13, 11:05 PM EST
Fan favorite Mario Vazquez withdrew from "American Idol" on Sunday, and producers called in the son of a baseball Hall of Famer as backup.

Vazquez, 27, cited "personal reasons" for his withdrawal and no other details were available, Fox announced in a statement. The New York City singer, who works with emerging musical artists, had been picked by many fans and three fellow finalists as a favorite to win the competition.

Fox bumped Nikko Smith, the son of baseball great Ozzie Smith, into Vazquez's spot because Smith got more votes than Travis Tucker when both were voted off Wednesday, the network said.

Smith, 22, of St. Louis, Mo., said in an interview before Sunday's announcement that he wasn't surprised to have been voted off.

"I wasn't as disappointed as people thought I would be because I've made it so far," he told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "I'm happy to get all that exposure. Millions and millions of people watch the show, and hopefully somebody saw me and liked what they saw."

Now, viewers of the No. 1-rated series will get a chance to reconsider their votes as Smith and the other 11 finalists perform next Tuesday.

Vazquez is not the first to leave "Idol" unexpectedly, though few have done so willingly. Last year, George Huff was called back to Los Angeles when contestant Donnie Williams was cited for DUI. And in 2003, three contestants were dropped by Fox, two for failing to disclose arrest records and another for posing on an adult-oriented Web site.

———

14-03-2005
front row

Is Vasquez the absolutely charming charismatic culy haired pretty boy with the Mixed race/latino colouring??? he is brilliant and would get a record deal whether he won or not.

23-03-2005
V.I.P.

I agree I think he still has a bright future ahead of him.. I thought him and Travis Tucker could do the whole pop thing well (good looking too). My favorites as of last night are Cary Underwood, Bo Bice and Sierra... I like Nadia but she didn't do too good last night and her mohawk man it scared me! It was a tad too long!

23-03-2005
trendsetter

There are so many talented singers, so far Anwar Robinson outshines everyone. I dont feel that buzz i felt when i watched A I 2&3. But i think the performance gets better with each week. Nadia, really put it down last week

23-03-2005
trendsetter

"Personal reasons"... yeeeah.... P Diddy apparantly offered Mario Vasquez a record deal at Bad Boy.
And Bonchic, you can find pictures of all the contestants at http://www.idolonfox.com/

Last edited by Ella; 23-03-2005 at 02:23 PM.
23-03-2005
V.I.P.

yeah but they won't let me use them...

trendsetter

You mean you can't save them? Try here:
http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/
You should be able to use these photos.

01-04-2005
I love model_mom!

I heard that American Idol will not kick him off because he came clean to the producers early on in the competition.

American Idol Finalist's Violence Rap
Cops: Scott Savol roughed up ex-girlfriend during domestic dispute
MARCH 31--An "American Idol" finalist was once arrested for felony domestic violence after roughing up his infant son's mother during a Valentine's Day fracas, The Smoking Gun has learned. According to police, 28-year-old Scott Savol, one of the remaining nine "Idol" contestants, was busted following a February 2001 confrontation with Michele Martin at the woman's Ohio home. A Shaker Heights Police Department report notes that the unmarried couple had decided to "split up their living arrangement," with Savol scheduled to move his belongings out of Martin's mother's home, where the duo lived with their three-week-old son Brandon. But when Savol and his brother arrived at Martin's home, an argument ensued, with Savol calling Martin "several vulgar names." He then grabbed the woman's hand and pulled an engagement ring off her finger and "stated he was also going to take their son," cops reported. When Savol "grabbed the baby," Martin "stopped him from taking the child by telling [Savol] that she was going to call 911." At that point, according to the police report, Savol shoved Martin, pulled a phone from her hand, and then threw it at Martin, striking her in the chest. "This caused the phone to break," the report notes. Savol and his brother then left the residence. When officers arrived at her home, Martin told them that Savol had "made verbal threats to her in the past by telling her to 'watch her back.'" Martin, then 21, initially said she did not want Savol to be prosecuted, but rather sought a "restraining order on him." The following day, however, she signed a warrant for his arrest. Savol eventually took a plea to a reduced misdemeanor disorderly conduct rap and was fined $500, placed on a year's probation, ordered to complete a domestic violence or anger management program, and sentenced to a suspended 20-day jail term. At a July 2001 sentencing hearing, Municipal Court Judge K.J. Montgomery also extended a temporary protective order (issued at Martin's request for her and the baby) through July 2002. Savol's rap sheet also includes a "no contest" plea to a 1995 misdemeanor trespass charge. He was arrested for entering Shaker Heights High School after being "warned both verbally and by letter" to stay out of the building. In a Q&A on the official "Idol" web site, Savol stated that his son's birth was the proudest moment of his life and that a personal goal was "to make sure my son doesn't have to struggle in life as I did." As for a "most embarrassing moment," Savol answered, "I don't have any." (6 pages)

living in the sprawl

^yikes!

I've only seen one episode..I don't know.. I just can't get in to it!

I love model_mom!

^ it has been harder for me to get into this year. I am not that impressed with the singers. Sure I have my favorites, but it is no fun to watch when others are so much better that the rest.

V.I.P.

Ugh. I'm so disappointed in tonight's results! I suppose I have a soft spot for Nikko, but I think their were others that should have gone before him!! He has a great voice! Can someone tell me how Federov keeps sliding through? He hasn't been in the bottom three at all and I believe he's given the worst performances thus far... and don't even get me started on his fashions!!! What do you all think?

06-04-2005
backstage pass

I thaught nikko had one of the top 5 voices, and anthony should have gone. But mostly little white ppl watch the show and vote for the little pretty boy. Nikko is real and they hate that. ( im not racest by the way cause im white 2 but im not THAT kinda white) and omg the boy sang a song from the sound of music THE SOUND OF MUSIC. CRACKERS ANYONE.

06-04-2005
offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ Bloom
I thaught nikko had one of the top 5 voices, and anthony should have gone. But mostly little white ppl watch the show and vote for the little pretty boy. Nikko is real and they hate that. ( im not racest by the way cause im white 2 but im not THAT kinda white) and omg the boy sang a song from the sound of music THE SOUND OF MUSIC. CRACKERS ANYONE.

Uhm....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
american, idol