How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-01-2006
scenester

I'M from Germany and I love the Arctic Monkeys! It's the band I listen to most right now!
Not too many people here know them yet, but I think it won't take too long.
I love the singers voice, and their sound, the lyrics and .. well ... just everything!
And I adore the british accent, so I guess that is a reason too...

Keep this thread going! Arctic Monkeys

18-01-2006
congratulations, nerds.

I'm already a little bored of them now.

NME every week proclaims them to be 'The band of our generation'

It's wearing a little thin.

19-01-2006
Cinematic Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuva
I wouldn't go that far, but they're ok!

20-01-2006
backstage pass

this band so much, have had their 22 track demo tape for a few months now , I just honestly can't see how they have whittled it down to only 13 of these for the album, they're all so good I don't know how they would choose! They are doing a uni tour this month and next but they all sold out straight away, gutted! For anyone interested they were in the Live Lounge with Jo Whiley yesterday on radio 1, they sang their new single and did a cover.....of girls aloud love machine, it was hilarious! You can listen again on the bbc radio 1 website.

20-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuva
I'm already a little bored of them now.

It's wearing a little thin.
I'm totally over them. It's funny because I liked them a lot some months ago but they didn't stand the test of time for me.

20-01-2006
rising star

I got their album today! I didn't remember ordering it but apparantly I did.
the artwork is pretty unusual. no lyrics just pictures of kids in sheffield (?) and only one picture of when they're sitting in a car.. :b

11-02-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinthia
I'm totally over them. It's funny because I liked them a lot some months ago but they didn't stand the test of time for me.
I immediatly liked the Arctic Monkeys.

They don't grow on me like many other bands that it took quite some time to like more.

19-02-2006
trendsetter

I remember I saw them live as a support of Franz Ferdinand and thought they were amazing, but I kinda forget their name or something. So after a while I saw their video "When the sun goes down" and I was like going crazy and thinking "This is the band! Yeeeeaaahhh!" cause I had been looking for some stuff of them all the time. They're really not as famous here as in Great Britain so I couldn't really find something, but now I'm totally obsessed about them. They're great. Definitely the next big thing.

19-02-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by thovety
I got their album today! I didn't remember ordering it but apparantly I did.
the artwork is pretty unusual. no lyrics just pictures of kids in sheffield (?)
One of the pics is a pub near where i live lol

20-02-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise_Serena06
I remember I saw them live as a support of Franz Ferdinand and thought they were amazing, but I kinda forget their name or something. So after a while I saw their video "When the sun goes down" and I was like going crazy and thinking "This is the band! Yeeeeaaahhh!" cause I had been looking for some stuff of them all the time. They're really not as famous here as in Great Britain so I couldn't really find something, but now I'm totally obsessed about them. They're great. Definitely the next big thing.
Did you see Franz Ferdinand in Barcelona? Because Arctic Monkeys didn't support them here. The support band was The Rakes. Arctic Monkeys played in Barcelona a couple of weeks before than FF, but alone, in Razzmatazz, in a free gig.

20-02-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yppe
Did you see Franz Ferdinand in Barcelona? Because Arctic Monkeys didn't support them here. The support band was The Rakes. Arctic Monkeys played in Barcelona a couple of weeks before than FF, but alone, in Razzmatazz, in a free gig.
No I didn't see Arctic Monkeys and Franz Ferdinand together in Barcelona. I saw Franz Ferdinand here in Barcelona too but I know that their support was the Rakes. I saw Franz Ferdinand last year when I still lived in England as well and they must've been their support then, i think that was shortly before I moved here but I'm not sure. I know it's getting confusing. I'm kinda confused now too. You don't know who supported Oasis here in Barcelona, do you? No, I'm sure it wasn't the Artic Monkeys. I think it was the Coral. I only know i saw them live once, but it must've been in england for sure.

Last edited by *Sunrise_Serena*; 20-02-2006 at 12:00 PM.
20-02-2006
windowshopping

I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. too bad their cd has not been released in the US yet!! feb 28th i believe...

20-02-2006
backstage pass

Has anyone heard them singing Love Machine by Girls Aloud? its odd but good

Last edited by Ithillien; 20-02-2006 at 05:58 PM.
20-02-2006
I am half-sick of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjennyyeh
I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. too bad their cd has not been released in the US yet!! feb 28th i believe...
The import's been available in the US for about a month but the US release is available now.

21-02-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise_Serena06
No I didn't see Arctic Monkeys and Franz Ferdinand together in Barcelona. I saw Franz Ferdinand here in Barcelona too but I know that their support was the Rakes. I saw Franz Ferdinand last year when I still lived in England as well and they must've been their support then, i think that was shortly before I moved here but I'm not sure. I know it's getting confusing. I'm kinda confused now too. You don't know who supported Oasis here in Barcelona, do you? No, I'm sure it wasn't the Artic Monkeys. I think it was the Coral. I only know i saw them live once, but it must've been in england for sure.
Yes, The Coral support Oasis, but I couldn't see them I love The Coral, but not Oasis, so I wasn't going to pay 30 Ä only to see The Coral for 30 minutes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
arctic, monkeys