How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
18-01-2006
  16
scenester
 
SanSalvadorGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 93
I'M from Germany and I love the Arctic Monkeys! It's the band I listen to most right now!
Not too many people here know them yet, but I think it won't take too long.
I love the singers voice, and their sound, the lyrics and .. well ... just everything!
And I adore the british accent, so I guess that is a reason too...

Keep this thread going! Arctic Monkeys

  Reply With Quote
 
18-01-2006
  17
congratulations, nerds.
 
Manuva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: london, calling
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,299
I'm already a little bored of them now.

NME every week proclaims them to be 'The band of our generation'

It's wearing a little thin.

  Reply With Quote
19-01-2006
  18
Cinematic Vision
 
boho_babe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Yorkshire, England
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuva
NME every week proclaims them to be 'The band of our generation'
I wouldn't go that far, but they're ok!

  Reply With Quote
20-01-2006
  19
backstage pass
 
a984mel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Gender: femme
Posts: 750
this band so much, have had their 22 track demo tape for a few months now , I just honestly can't see how they have whittled it down to only 13 of these for the album, they're all so good I don't know how they would choose! They are doing a uni tour this month and next but they all sold out straight away, gutted! For anyone interested they were in the Live Lounge with Jo Whiley yesterday on radio 1, they sang their new single and did a cover.....of girls aloud love machine, it was hilarious! You can listen again on the bbc radio 1 website.

  Reply With Quote
20-01-2006
  20
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuva
I'm already a little bored of them now.

NME every week proclaims them to be 'The band of our generation'

It's wearing a little thin.
I'm totally over them. It's funny because I liked them a lot some months ago but they didn't stand the test of time for me.

  Reply With Quote
20-01-2006
  21
rising star
 
thovety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sweden
Gender: femme
Posts: 174
I got their album today! I didn't remember ordering it but apparantly I did.
the artwork is pretty unusual. no lyrics just pictures of kids in sheffield (?) and only one picture of when they're sitting in a car.. :b

  Reply With Quote
11-02-2006
  22
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinthia
I'm totally over them. It's funny because I liked them a lot some months ago but they didn't stand the test of time for me.
I immediatly liked the Arctic Monkeys.

They don't grow on me like many other bands that it took quite some time to like more.

  Reply With Quote
19-02-2006
  23
trendsetter
 
*Sunrise_Serena*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barcelona
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,263
I remember I saw them live as a support of Franz Ferdinand and thought they were amazing, but I kinda forget their name or something. So after a while I saw their video "When the sun goes down" and I was like going crazy and thinking "This is the band! Yeeeeaaahhh!" cause I had been looking for some stuff of them all the time. They're really not as famous here as in Great Britain so I couldn't really find something, but now I'm totally obsessed about them. They're great. Definitely the next big thing.

  Reply With Quote
19-02-2006
  24
backstage pass
 
Ithillien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by thovety
I got their album today! I didn't remember ordering it but apparantly I did.
the artwork is pretty unusual. no lyrics just pictures of kids in sheffield (?)
One of the pics is a pub near where i live lol

__________________
When I grow up I want to be a Pirate.
http://ponyforchristmas.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
20-02-2006
  25
trendsetter
 
Yppe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Paris
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise_Serena06
I remember I saw them live as a support of Franz Ferdinand and thought they were amazing, but I kinda forget their name or something. So after a while I saw their video "When the sun goes down" and I was like going crazy and thinking "This is the band! Yeeeeaaahhh!" cause I had been looking for some stuff of them all the time. They're really not as famous here as in Great Britain so I couldn't really find something, but now I'm totally obsessed about them. They're great. Definitely the next big thing.
Did you see Franz Ferdinand in Barcelona? Because Arctic Monkeys didn't support them here. The support band was The Rakes. Arctic Monkeys played in Barcelona a couple of weeks before than FF, but alone, in Razzmatazz, in a free gig.

  Reply With Quote
20-02-2006
  26
trendsetter
 
*Sunrise_Serena*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Barcelona
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yppe
Did you see Franz Ferdinand in Barcelona? Because Arctic Monkeys didn't support them here. The support band was The Rakes. Arctic Monkeys played in Barcelona a couple of weeks before than FF, but alone, in Razzmatazz, in a free gig.
No I didn't see Arctic Monkeys and Franz Ferdinand together in Barcelona. I saw Franz Ferdinand here in Barcelona too but I know that their support was the Rakes. I saw Franz Ferdinand last year when I still lived in England as well and they must've been their support then, i think that was shortly before I moved here but I'm not sure. I know it's getting confusing. I'm kinda confused now too. You don't know who supported Oasis here in Barcelona, do you? No, I'm sure it wasn't the Artic Monkeys. I think it was the Coral. I only know i saw them live once, but it must've been in england for sure.


Last edited by *Sunrise_Serena*; 20-02-2006 at 12:00 PM.
  Reply With Quote
20-02-2006
  27
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 36
I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. too bad their cd has not been released in the US yet!! feb 28th i believe...

  Reply With Quote
20-02-2006
  28
backstage pass
 
Ithillien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 752
Has anyone heard them singing Love Machine by Girls Aloud? its odd but good

__________________
When I grow up I want to be a Pirate.
http://ponyforchristmas.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Ithillien; 20-02-2006 at 05:58 PM.
  Reply With Quote
20-02-2006
  29
I am half-sick of shadows
 
Hebden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by imjennyyeh
I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. too bad their cd has not been released in the US yet!! feb 28th i believe...
The import's been available in the US for about a month but the US release is available now.

__________________
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it." - Oscar Wilde
My fashion blog - Style...a work in progress ~ My Twitter - http://twitter.com/Hebden9
  Reply With Quote
21-02-2006
  30
trendsetter
 
Yppe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Paris
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise_Serena06
No I didn't see Arctic Monkeys and Franz Ferdinand together in Barcelona. I saw Franz Ferdinand here in Barcelona too but I know that their support was the Rakes. I saw Franz Ferdinand last year when I still lived in England as well and they must've been their support then, i think that was shortly before I moved here but I'm not sure. I know it's getting confusing. I'm kinda confused now too. You don't know who supported Oasis here in Barcelona, do you? No, I'm sure it wasn't the Artic Monkeys. I think it was the Coral. I only know i saw them live once, but it must've been in england for sure.
Yes, The Coral support Oasis, but I couldn't see them I love The Coral, but not Oasis, so I wasn't going to pay 30 Ä only to see The Coral for 30 minutes.

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
arctic, monkeys
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.