How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-04-2006
rising star

I got a ticket for their show! Now I just need to find someone to go with me

08-04-2006
V.I.P.

I missed out! I didnt have time to buy them, unfortunately and I even missed out on their second show in Sydney!

Dammit!!

*Tmsta* you must us tell us about the concert when you go!

08-04-2006
scenester

I like this band, but Morrissey is right in saying that everything has happened TOO fast for them! They are big idiots though, well thats what it seems like in interviews, anyone else agree?

08-04-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tmsta*
I got a ticket for their show! Now I just need to find someone to go with me
ME?! ha ha...... i agree though some songs have the feel of the libs the first time you hear them but thats as far as it goes...

08-04-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by *wilde_darko*
I like this band, but Morrissey is right in saying that everything has happened TOO fast for them! They are big idiots though, well thats what it seems like in interviews, anyone else agree?
i havent listened to them in interviews but i have to say i hate it when people say things like its happened too fast for them. the times are a changing, so what if international success happens at an earlier stage? good on them as long as they are making good music who the hell cares?!

08-04-2006
Amour Comme Hiver

From 'Best Week Ever'

"They sound like the Libertines and the Strokes and Bloc Party and the Libertines and the Strokes and Franz Ferdinand and Kaiser Chiefs and the Libertines and Bloc Party and Franz Ferdinand and the Strokes and the Libertines and the Strokes and the Libertines...and the Strokes."

Haha, love that show...

08-04-2006
earthbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by *wilde_darko*
He took back what he said though, saying he should 'shut it' because the same happened with The Smiths.

08-04-2006
fashion insider

Mardy Bum is my fave at the moment
I still can't believe that they are so young ..

windowshopping

I adore them! I saw and met them a few weeks ago. I didn't do so much talking since I'm a bit of an idiot, and even get nervous around the mascots at Disneyland (I'm 18, too... dear god) but I did have a quick conversation with Jamie about The Strokes. They were all very nice guys, very... everyday sort of people. Not one bit cocky, which I think I was subconsciously preparing for. Alex agreed to have my friend's baby since, "their genes might make a good looking baby." hahaha. If anyone has a chance to see them live, do it! =] They can really put on a show.

09-04-2006
rising star

Yep, can't wait! But it's four whole blimmin' months away! That's a pretty long time.

09-04-2006
earthbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugfashion
Mardy Bum is my fave at the moment
I still can't believe that they are so young ..
This song is a very catchy one. I made my friend listen to my ipod (that was on shuffle) and when Mardy Bum came on, she immediately asked Who sings this?! I love it!

10-04-2006
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

They're playing in Perth in July I think... Tickets are around $80 I think, which is pretty steep seeing as Wolfmother were only $30, and Sigur Ros were around $70, lol. Are they worth the money? Or should I try and get free tickets through friends?

être ton cygne noir

A tad overrated, I think...

10-04-2006
fashion insider

70 or so for a ticket? Wankers. Seriously, they are great but not that great... who do they think they are?
Alex is right though singing about those people who just jump on the bandwagon... Their future would have been better if they weren't so hyped and all. Too fast too soon. It's a shame.

10-04-2006
tea time

in a year they have gone from the carling stage at leeds festival to mainstage now yes it may be impressive but i dont think they deserve to be on the mainstage.

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
arctic, monkeys