How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-08-2013
V.I.P.

^ I'm very interested to hear the John Cooper Clarke appearance.

I hope to see them live sometime in October!

03-09-2013
trendsetter

AM is out today!

03-09-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Nope, you're a week early It is streaming on iTunes though!

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 03-09-2013 at 02:38 PM.
03-09-2013
trendsetter

^ haha thanks for letting me know! I just saw reviews of the album and got excited that it's out

04-09-2013
backstage pass

^ the album has leaked earlier this week, and even though I will buy it I couldn't resist listening to it and I LOVE it!

UK GQ October 2013

GQ.co.uk

Quote:
Matt Helders, Nick O'Malley, Alex Turner and Jamie Cook of The Arctic Monkeys attends the GQ Men of the Year awards at The Royal Opera House on September 3, 2013 in London, England.

gettyimages

04-09-2013
V.I.P.

They look awesome, esp Alex I love this look. Cant wait for the new album!

04-09-2013
trendsetter

I downloaded the album, but I'm going to buy it anyway.
it's great, every song is catchy and amazing. the whole album is in dark, kinda groovy sexy style. I have it on replay since 7 am!

04-09-2013

I feel like Alex's lyrics aren't as strong (more straight forward, bit less clever) on this album, but the sound of the instruments has never been better and sort of makes up for it. There is also a slight forced coolness undercurrent surrounding this album for me [shown most obviously in Arabella] BUT, overall, I'm thrilled with it. AM reminds me of the earlier Monkeys albums in that it's less dreary subject matters, has more attitude, and just makes you want to dance -- a very welcome return to form for them.

Heard a B-side "Stop the World I Wanna Get Off With You" and it was really strong as well. Here, if you're interested:

04-09-2013
V.I.P.

^ That title must be an allusion to Modern English's "I'll Stop the World and Melt with You" lyric.

Not sure I like this new "suited up" look for the band, but I love the music so that's okay.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
05-09-2013
fashion elite

I heard a couple of the new songs and loved them. Can't wait to hear the rest of it. I'm also loving this new look on them. They all look so dapper.

05-09-2013
scenester

Currently streaming right now! It restores my faith in them, after the Suck It and See disaster period. (Bold statement, I know...)

AM is definitely jumping on the dance music bandwagon that's happening right now, but where it could go pop, it goes a little darker. HeatherAnne, I agree the lyrics aren't super strong, but I don't think they're the point of the song anymore.

I genuinely really like the whole album! Even the one about the vacuum cleaner haha. Can't wait to see them play this one out live!

05-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MussedPorcelain View Post
Currently streaming right now! It restores my faith in them, after the Suck It and See disaster period. (Bold statement, I know...)

AM is definitely jumping on the dance music bandwagon that's happening right now, but where it could go pop, it goes a little darker. HeatherAnne, I agree the lyrics aren't super strong, but I don't think they're the point of the song anymore.

I genuinely really like the whole album! Even the one about the vacuum cleaner haha. Can't wait to see them play this one out live!
I couldn´t agree more with your post
I´ve been listening non stop yesterday

08-09-2013
V.I.P.

While listening to AM I´ve noticed that some songs sound a lot like Black Sabbath and Queens of the Stone Age. So I did some reseach and in fact Alex cited them as inspiration, this album just keeps getting better and better

13-09-2013
front row

Loove AM!

15-09-2013

Sure most of you have seen/heard them cover Drake's recent single, but for those of you who haven't it's pretty epic:

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
arctic, monkeys