How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-06-2006
trendsetter

I'm in luv with them right now- Fake tales of S.F. is my fav

17-06-2006
earthbound

:p So yesterday they played for the second time in Montreal, and it was really good!! I didn't like We Are Scientists, though. Last time, the Spinto Band opened for them and it was much better. The crowd was a lot crazier too, (there was a mosh pit just in front of the stage) since at the last gig barely no one had even heard of them.

17-06-2006
V.I.P.

Oh, really? I'd love to be at a Scientists concert. Chances are that the Monkeys'll come to São Paulo this year, so maybe they'll come along :p

19-06-2006
Obsessed

very cool site
u can download the demos ,live performances and videos here.

http://www.arctic-monkeys.com/features.php

17-08-2006
front row

Great band, great music!

20-08-2006
V.I.P.

love them...saw them at the FM4 Frequency Festival on friday...they rocked!!

scenester

they're the best thing that happened to music this year.. and they're just so young.. -pure talent.. love all of'em songs.. and apparently they're a fan of the strokes which make them even mooooooooooore special! i don't have a favorite song, coz all of their songs are my favorites!

21-08-2006
V.I.P.

I saw Arctic Monekeys live yesterday at LOWLANDS festival, and they were amazing, they just sounded sooo good. Alex looked absolutely bored, he had at least 15000 people at his feet, and he didn't seem the least bit impressed, but then again, he was absolutely amazing, he had more ego than could fit his tiny body, but he was every inch a rockstar! I can't really explain it, but there was really something special, I guess you had to be there...

24-08-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan-i-ta
I saw Arctic Monekeys live yesterday at LOWLANDS festival, and they were amazing, they just sounded sooo good. Alex looked absolutely bored, he had at least 15000 people at his feet, and he didn't seem the least bit impressed, but then again, he was absolutely amazing, he had more ego than could fit his tiny body, but he was every inch a rockstar! I can't really explain it, but there was really something special, I guess you had to be there...
^ that's such a let down. I heard that before. God, you're 19! What a punk. But love the music, don't know every song yet, but I can't sit still when I hear 'I bet you look good on a dancefloor' on my iPod, which is a good thing, because I do cleaning as a summer job

24-08-2006
V.I.P.

i love fake tales of san fransisco, mardy bum 'but it's hard to remember that on a day like today' , dancing shoes and when the sun goes down

V.I.P.

^my favourites are: Space Invaters and Despair In The Departure Lounge of the 'Who the f**k are Artic Monkeys' album. I downloaded a couple of old demos of www.mardy-bum.com there are some great songs there like: Stickin to the floor and Choo Choo. These songs are kind of diferent, less comercial, I guess.

27-08-2006
Cinematic Vision

Reading and Leeds Festival
- bbc.co.uk

28-08-2006
V.I.P.

^Thank you for the pics!

I have heard girls are going crazy for Alex (the lead singer) He isn't my cup of tea, but he does sound kind of sexy, what do you think?

29-08-2006
backstage pass

^at leeds their mates and family were on this little platform, they were well rowdy lol, chanting "sheffielllld" :p

One of the bands where the crowd knew almost all there songs, he didnt even have to sing for a few lol

29-08-2006
front row

COMPLETELY OVER-RATED! They are an average band I would say! They aren't as grea tas everyone is making out! They are very much over-rated. What's up with Alex Turner's hair now, looks terrible, he looked great before! Now he looks like he is trying to be like every other "indie" band!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
arctic, monkeys