How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-08-2004
etre soi-meme

Bjork, who has been living in New York, says her new album, "Medulla"* is in part her response to the events of Sept. 11.
guests: Mike Patton (from Faith No More), Robert Wyatt (the British art-rock songwriter) and Tanya Tagaq (an Inuit throat-singer) add mews, moans, counterpoint and guttural grunts.
*"Medulla" (Latin for marrow)

click here to read Bjork's very interesting full article on NYT of today (credited for the pictures posted here)

this woman has some serious style

29-08-2004
rising star

As a matter of fact , she was great in the opening ceremony of the Athens Olympic Games 2004, singing "Oceania"...

29-08-2004
windowshopping

I like her music. "It's Oh So Quiet" is my fav song from her,hehe. I'm thinkin' about getting her album but I'm still not sure.

29-08-2004
rising star

Well, she was great singing "Oceania" in the opening ceremony! For those who ask why didn't a greek singer was in her place, cant be really sure! As a matter of fact the whole greek history flashed before our eyes, and for us greeks was GREAT! Think it was for all countries! As international press said it was the best opening ceremony ever!!
Today (29/08/2004) is the closing ceremony at 21:00 local hour! As TV and the press says , its going to be much better! A greek traditional marriage is going to take place, but the bride will be kidnnaped by a chinese guy(next Olympic Games in China)! There will be much more, and of course a lot of singing from greek big stars, such as Xaris Alexiou, Marinella, Anna Vissi, Sakis Rouvas(Eurovision Song Contest 2004) etc, etc............................................... ...........................!!!

I suggest that you all should watch it..... (i'll be there in the stadium)

All the eyes to Athens well..................

Ολυμπιακοί Αγώνες "ΑΘΗΝΑ 2004"-----> Τελετή Λήξης.

29-08-2004
etre soi-meme

i wont be joining you in the stadium envy... but i will give it a quicky on my screen

i actually hate the music of all those people..
unlikely everyone i know i got annoyed by the 'ethnic' identity of the opening ceremony, it was a bit too much for my global identity (admiting i just had a quick look while on the island, i dodnt see the whole boring thing... )

29-08-2004
etre soi-meme

following the NYT article i'll give her a second go,
admiting i only really liked her music on her very first cd,
her best that far

29-08-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Aug 29 2004, 12:41 PM
i wont be joining you in the stadium envy... but i will give it a quicky on my screen

i actually hate the music of all those people..
unlikely everyone i know i got annoyed by the 'ethnic' identity of the opening ceremony, it was a bit too much for my global identity (admiting i just had a quick look while on the island, i dodnt see the whole boring thing... )
[snapback]348967[/snapback]

Dear Lena. You are the only one i know that you are not thrilled with the opening ceremony! No matter what we say we have our greek identity successfully loaded in our hearts! All world admires our culture, and they did admired the "show" with all those years of history before their eyes!

As for the closing ceremony, i was also there and i am proud to say that we did a great job!!! The singers paricipating didnt sang only their own songs, but songs that picture the greek "heart", "color", "laubor" etc etc...! It was great!

As for the "global" identity you mentioned, as you have may seen, while our "history" flashed before our eyes, above it was the God Eros (Love), wanting to imply, that all these happened with love and with the God Eros s help!!!! I am sure you agree, that LOVE is a global identity of all peaple!

Well Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29-08-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Aug 29 2004, 09:48 AM

thanks for the pics LENARITA...
the sunday times had an article with her (or was it some other mag i was reading anyways...)
i love the pics so much... the one we had here was from same shoot as ur 2nd posted on... with hair finger nails... but she is motioness just sitting on the floor... lookin very chinese empress from iceland

30-08-2004
trendsetter

Thanks so much for the article and photos Lena. I Bjork and never get tired of reading about her. I can't wait to get the new CD.

front row

ive bought "Medulla" its so amazing!!!each song is great!i cant believe she has done this album without instruments

now i really agree with her "instruments are so over"

front row

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Olympics_bjork_ap.jpg (25.7 KB, 18 views)

V.I.P.

Thursday, October 21st with David Letterman

seagreen serenades

Do we have Letterman here in Ecuador?

Listening to Medulla as we speak with our fingers.

18-10-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Oct 18 2004, 01:04 PM
Do we have Letterman here in Ecuador?
[snapback]400955[/snapback]
not legally but I've got 2 hangers tied to the electricity cable from the president's house, who aparently is the one with a good cable company, so.. that might work, you know you're always welcome at mullet's and as they say around 'hood, 'mi casa es su casa' .

urd
tfs star

i saw her live at roskilde festival 2003, best concert i've been so far

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
björk