How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-12-2003
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i find her disturbing.......did i write this b4?

28-12-2003
front row

I love both her music and her style. No matter what she wears, she seems to pull it off quite well; to me it doesn't seem like she's trying to hard. Although her outfits may be crazy at times, she doesn't storm the red carpet as, lets say, p diddy. In other words, doesn't act loud and rambunctious to get attention. She can wear the strangest of all clothes(like anything from mcqueen or the famous swan dress) but still looks poised and somewhat classy. I like that about her.

28-12-2003
El Capitán

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott@Dec 26th, 2003 - 9:34 pm
I think she makes such bold choices because she as a person and as an artist has an incredible realation with imagination
scott, what you said here is key in my opinion...i love Bjork because of her imagination AND her ability to express it (in public), despite what others might think

28-12-2003
etre soi-meme

we were discussing bjork with a friend that's visiting me from paris, she's been seen shopping like crazy recently (in Paris) and the rumour is she always pays for what she buys, which I find adorable

she's really fun and i like her sense of humour, its so fresh not to take herself seriously, much more at her age

thanks for the fab pictures strawberry

28-12-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by eguana@Dec 28th, 2003 - 6:31 am
i find her disturbing.......did i write this b4?
watch out you could soon b quoted in i-D or maybe the face hehe

28-12-2003
Naturellement pulpeuse

I like publicity so I'll say it again:

Bjork's music is a simple monophonic rthym with an equally simple melody and little use of harmony. Her own lyrics show little use of more complex poetic devices and do not have exceptional beauty of expression. Her version of 'I can't get no satisfaction' was a complete bastardisation.

She is nobody, she should dress like nobody...

seagreen serenades

Quote:
Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Dec 28th, 2003 - 9:27 pm

Bjork's music is a simple monophonic rthym with an equally simple melody and little use of harmony. Her own lyrics show little use of more complex poetic devices and do not have exceptional beauty of expression. Her version of 'I can't get no satisfaction' was a complete bastardisation.

Each to their own (can anybody find me a smirking smiley?)

28-12-2003
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Dec 28th, 2003 - 4:27 pm

In your opinion of course

Simplicity doesn't have to mean inadequacy. Compare a garment designed by Galliano to one designed by Helmut Lang. One uses bold colors, many layers, and extensive ornamentation while the other focuses on simple but sleek cuts and shapes. There is a huge difference creatively, but, in my opinion, neither should be denied his talent. Yeah that was a cheesy analogy but it works.

28-12-2003
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Dec 29th, 2003 - 12:27 am

i very much disagree with you Prince
still...
since you think she's so 'common' could we please please have some more bjorks around?
music and fashion style could be real glad to see more of her style

28-12-2003
Naturellement pulpeuse

Musical tastes are purely objective but in musical and intellectual terms Bjork hasn't got anything on the Be-bop jazzmen or even their less skilled classical counterparts. Emotional power is purely objective but I don't think that many people would say Bjork's singing has more power than the likes of say, Bessie Smith or Billie Holliday. In technical terms Helmut Lang is very accomplished (as is Galliano) Bjork is nobody in technical terms. What's more she's nothing new - twenty years after she dies musicians will not be copying her riffs (virtually every pop musician ever to have lived owes a debt to Davis for his pioneering of Cool and Fusion styles).

In terms of lyrics there aren't many poets I know who would choose Bjork as their favourite musician (whereas I know quite a few poets who admire Dylan and Young).

Maybe Bjork is an artist but she is undoubtably not an auteur and hence in my opinion her taste in clothes should not be excused by saying that she is some great creative genius...

Naturellement pulpeuse

So in conclusion: bah, Bjork, humbug...

etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Dec 29th, 2003 - 1:38 am
in musical and intellectual terms Bjork hasn't got anything on the Be-bop jazzmen or even their less skilled classical counterparts

28-12-2003
Naturellement pulpeuse

Bebop is one of the most rythmically and harmconically developed forms of music (obviously Bach is better at harmony and African drummers are better at rythm but Bebop combines the two). In fact I don't think that there are many forms of music that could claim to be more advanced than Bebop (apart from Avant-Garde and come on: who can actually listen to Avant-Garde without wanting to break the CD-player?)

etre soi-meme

come on??? me??

you are way off topic -again- your highness

28-12-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Dec 28th, 2003 - 3:38 pm
Musical tastes are purely objective but in musical and intellectual terms Bjork hasn't got anything on the Be-bop jazzmen or even their less skilled classical counterparts. Emotional power is purely objective but I don't think that many people would say Bjork's singing has more power than the likes of say, Bessie Smith or Billie Holliday. In technical terms Helmut Lang is very accomplished (as is Galliano) Bjork is nobody in technical terms. What's more she's nothing new - twenty years after she dies musicians will not be copying her riffs (virtually every pop musician ever to have lived owes a debt to Davis for his pioneering of Cool and Fusion styles).

In terms of lyrics there aren't many poets I know who would choose Bjork as their favourite musician (whereas I know quite a few poets who admire Dylan and Young).

Maybe Bjork is an artist but she is undoubtably not an auteur and hence in my opinion her taste in clothes should not be excused by saying that she is some great creative genius...
well iam nto a musican by any emans, btu I do apricaet music and Iam friends with many musicians and I know many very acomplished and respected muscians, almost all of these people regarde bjork as VERY inovateve in music. Bjork usses soudns that are totaly diffrent from what is going on in most music. Bjork is really a artist's artist. Technically bjork is evry acomplished ( she has been studying music sens she was soemthing like 7) she has reinvented classical harmoneys and music into soemthing totaly her own.

and poeticly? have you read nay of her lyrics , they are extreamly poetic and expressive

im sorry btu I dount think you knwow hat you are talking about

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
björk