How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
26-12-2003
  1
rising star
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 141
Björk
A lot of you said she was one of the best dressed celebrities of the year...but I haven't seen that many of her styles except the glitter face mask thing and the famous swan dress. So, any pictures of your favorites would be good.

I'll start with the famous dress from the Acadamy Awards in 2001


  Reply With Quote
 
26-12-2003
  2
fashion insider
 
lele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,037
i think she looks like a complete goof.... myself..... and my question to those that love her here - do you admire her daring choices or do you truly like this bird as a dress? or do you simply enjoy those that take risks and walk down a red carpet laying eggs? i think she is adorable but dont simply dont understand the fashion praise..... would you wear that mask or the swan to a party?

  Reply With Quote
26-12-2003
  3
Vision of Paradise
 
LolitaLuxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-NYC
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,934
Quote:
Originally posted by lele@Dec 26th, 2003 - 6:25 pm
i think she looks like a complete goof.... myself..... and my question to those that love her here - do you admire her daring choices or do you truly like this bird as a dress? or do you simply enjoy those that take risks and walk down a red carpet laying eggs? i think she is adorable but dont simply dont understand the fashion praise..... would you wear that mask or the swan to a party?
bjork is certainly 'avant garde' in the eyes of simpletons ( for lack of a better word.) bjork is truly a maverick ( more so than ms. "maverick" herself, madonna)
her approach is like nobody in the business. she is really rebeliuos and punk rock to me- she just spitting in comformity's eye ! her music is superb, she is an artist, in all aspects. she's quite intellegent, daring and original, and for those who cannot see beyond the "swan dress" ......... you have britney and madonna.they arent too 'challenging'. I respect bjork for her bold , fierce and 'other worldy' persona .

actually i question people who like britney spears and think her vivid video meets WWF style is worthy

fashion can be art you know?.....some fashion is conceptual......etc. whats the use of fashion if it doesnt go beyond your own imagination?

__________________
you cats take care of the environment, man. - wavy gravy,1969
  Reply With Quote
26-12-2003
  4
V.I.P.
 
purplelucrezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,790
No offense, but fashion can be art without making you look like a fool. (Also, things aren't great art just because you don't understand them...)

__________________
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  Reply With Quote
26-12-2003
  5
Vision of Paradise
 
LolitaLuxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-NYC
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,934
Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Dec 26th, 2003 - 6:43 pm
No offense, but fashion can be art without making you look like a fool. (Also, things aren't great art just because you don't understand them...)
who said that?

bjork can get away with such things as the infamous swan dress, so by all means she should it. bjork is definatly an artist, she is much more than just what she wears, its just the general public who cannot get past what she wears and if you cannot get past wghat she wears, then you probably have no interest in her music! ive seen bjork a few times, each amazing. i like it when she wears marjan pejoski, as four, etc. i think it fits her quite well. if she wants to lay eggs on the red carpet - so be it! besides the media and folks at home need something to talk about

__________________
you cats take care of the environment, man. - wavy gravy,1969
  Reply With Quote
26-12-2003
  6
V.I.P.
 
purplelucrezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,790
*deep Post-Modern, intellectual, artsy voice*
Omm... I would say that here she seems to be referencing Leda and the Swan...how beautiful...how deep...mmm....or could it be a revolutionary form of performance art...(Just see what an art education does to you )

__________________
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  Reply With Quote
26-12-2003
  7
Naturellement pulpeuse
 
PrinceOfCats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The 'other' bit of the south of France
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,171
Post-modern irony grows tiresome after a while 'Oooh, look at me - I'm wearing a silly dress but you can't say so because it's post-modern irony...

__________________
-Jamais fille chaste n'a lu de romans
  Reply With Quote
26-12-2003
  8
fashion insider
 
lele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,037
i have gone beyond the swan dress.... the mask was insane wasnt af an of the michael jackson get up ... where in my post did i say i liked britney? because i think bjork looks like a fool i am automatically associated with the pop princess?

i can respect challenging, different, spontaneous.... but what is so great about "spitting in the face..." that just sounds angry to me. fashion yes can be art but just like any art just because it is odd, different or spitting in the face of conformity does not necessarily mean it is nothing more than silly.... just like the toilet bowl construed as art it is just a toilet bowl.....it is just silly swan dress.... art? it is easier to wear a mask of glitter and looks wacko than it is to dress with utter style IMO!!!!! though.... i respect your opinion and was just asking what it is you like.... the dresses, what she puts on or is it her attitude....you seem to have gotten mad at me....... but i think you answered my question.


dare to be different ? to me simply being different isnt enough....

  Reply With Quote
26-12-2003
  9
Vision of Paradise
 
LolitaLuxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-NYC
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,934
Quote:
Originally posted by lele@Dec 26th, 2003 - 6:59 pm
i have gone beyond the swan dress.... the mask was insane wasnt af an of the michael jackson get up ... where in my post did i say i liked britney? because i think bjork looks like a fool i am automatically associated with the pop princess?

i can respect challenging, different, spontaneous.... but what is so great about "spitting in the face..." that just sounds angry to me. fashion yes can be art but just like any art just because it is odd, different or spitting in the face of conformity does not necessarily mean it is nothing more than silly.... just like the toilet bowl construed as art it is just a toilet bowl.....it is just silly swan dress.... art? it is easier to wear a mask of glitter and looks wacko than it is to dress with utter style IMO!!!!! though.... i respect your opinion and was just asking what it is you like.... the dresses, what she puts on or is it her attitude....you seem to have gotten mad at me....... but i think you answered my question.


dare to be different ? to me simply being different isnt enough....
im not angry i didnt say anything that was in regards to "lele" i just answered the question "lele" asked " do you admire her daring choices or do you truly like this bird as a dress?"

my answer was a respect and admire her daring choices.....that was definatly stated. i just simply stated my opinion on bjork, who i respect. i think she is rebellious and i like that ! besides while everyone raised a fuss about the pejoski swan dress , i was laughing. does it REALLY matter that she wore a dress nobody liked?? i really do not see the big deal its a dress! A DRESS. the harliqiunne - esque get up at fashion rocks was wild . she can do anything, no matter what it gets noticed. mere simple clothes. fashion has seen many many wild get ups its really no big deal------ bjork can do these things, and by all means she should.

i dont understand how my admiration for bjork's originality was a threat to "lele"

__________________
you cats take care of the environment, man. - wavy gravy,1969
  Reply With Quote
26-12-2003
  10
V.I.P.
 
purplelucrezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,790
Tell that to my art teacher... (But wait-it's a comment on consumerism, it's Dada, it's...)

__________________
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  Reply With Quote
26-12-2003
  11
fashion insider
 
lele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,037
wow "lolita" a threat it isnt.....


i wondered why people here admired her - her style or her choices and attitude.... you answered choices i believe if i can get past all the other stuff and not to be judgmental but you did seem to get a bit pissed and then somehow claimed your admiration is a threat to me???? lets just stop here, "lolitalux" i loved carolyn kennedy's style you and probably think i am ultra boring and a conformist but i would not take it as you being threatened by my admiration.....

  Reply With Quote
26-12-2003
  12
V.I.P.
 
purplelucrezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,790
C'mon, everyone lets just be nice to each other...

__________________
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  Reply With Quote
26-12-2003
  13
Vision of Paradise
 
LolitaLuxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-NYC
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,934
Quote:
Originally posted by lele@Dec 26th, 2003 - 7:20 pm
wow "lolita" a threat it isnt.....


i wondered why people here admired her - her style or her choices and attitude.... you answered choices i believe if i can get past all the other stuff and not to be judgmental but you did seem to get a bit pissed and then somehow claimed your admiration is a threat to me???? lets just stop here, "lolitalux" i loved carolyn kennedy's style you and probably think i am ultra boring and a conformist but i would not take it as you being threatened by my admiration.....
Quote:
i can respect challenging, different, spontaneous.... but what is so great about "spitting in the face..." that just sounds angry to me. fashion yes can be art but just like any art just because it is odd, different or spitting in the face of conformity does not necessarily mean it is nothing more than silly.... just like the toilet bowl construed as art it is just a toilet bowl.....it is just silly swan dress.... art? it is easier to wear a mask of glitter and looks wacko than it is to dress with utter style IMO!!!!! though.... i respect your opinion and was just asking what it is you like.... the dresses, what she puts on or is it her attitude....you seem to have gotten mad at me....... but i think you answered my question.
dare to be different ? to me simply being different isnt enough....

thats what i was implying too !!!! why would you take my view on bjork as pwersonal??? or im "mad at you?" ....thats strange to me

__________________
you cats take care of the environment, man. - wavy gravy,1969
  Reply With Quote
26-12-2003
  14
Naturellement pulpeuse
 
PrinceOfCats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The 'other' bit of the south of France
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,171
Bjork's music is a simple monophonic rthym with an equally simple melody and little use of harmony. Her own lyrics show little use of more complex poetic devices and do not have exceptional beauty of expression. Her version of 'I can't get no satisfaction' was a complete bastardisation.

She is nobody, she should dress like nobody...

__________________
-Jamais fille chaste n'a lu de romans
  Reply With Quote
26-12-2003
  15
fashion insider
 
lele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally posted by LolitaLuxe+Dec 26th, 2003 - 9:27 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LolitaLuxe @ Dec 26th, 2003 - 9:27 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-lele@Dec 26th, 2003 - 7:20 pm
wow "lolita" a threat it isnt.....


i wondered why people here admired her - her style or her choices and attitude.... you answered choices i believe if i can get past all the other stuff and not to be judgmental but you did seem to get a bit pissed and then somehow claimed your admiration is a threat to me???? lets just stop here, "lolitalux" i loved carolyn kennedy's style you and probably think i am ultra boring and a conformist but i would not take it as you being threatened by my admiration.....
Quote:
i can respect challenging, different, spontaneous.... but what is so great about "spitting in the face..." that just sounds angry to me. fashion yes can be art but just like any art just because it is odd, different or spitting in the face of conformity does not necessarily mean it is nothing more than silly.... just like the toilet bowl construed as art it is just a toilet bowl.....it is just silly swan dress.... art? it is easier to wear a mask of glitter and looks wacko than it is to dress with utter style IMO!!!!! though.... i respect your opinion and was just asking what it is you like.... the dresses, what she puts on or is it her attitude....you seem to have gotten mad at me....... but i think you answered my question.
dare to be different ? to me simply being different isnt enough....

thats what i was implying too !!!! why would you take my view on bjork as pwersonal??? or im "mad at you?" ....thats strange to me [/b][/quote]
i just got the feeling from your text that you were annoyed or offended by my post but i misconstrued and then reacted. bygones.



  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
björk
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.