Bob Dylan - Page 16 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
11-04-2009
LOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nollafyzzil View Post
He was so hot when he was younger (is that wierd?)!

I've always loved Bob. My fave album is probably Blonde on Blonde
That´s not weird at all, he was sooooo hot!!!!!!!!!

Blond On Blond is my fav too!

V.I.P.

Bought Together through life last night and I'm absolutely loving it .. it's been on constant rotation all day.. Life is hard is my favorite track at the moment.

It's been a while since I paid for music, I almost feel guilty about it, but it's totally worth it, such a lovely piece of time...

02-05-2009
V.I.P.

^ Absolutley agree!. I bought the album just a few days ago and I ador it from the first listen. It's so rich.. in sounds and style.

I love Life is Hard as well and Forgetful Heart as my favorites.

04-05-2009
tfs star

whenever i see bob dylan records i must buy!
here are my vinyl collection and more to come,i have:
-Blonde on Blonde
-Highway 61 Revisited
-Self Portrait
-Nashville Skyline
-Empire Burlesque
-At Budokan(Live Album)
-Street Regal
(currently hunting Blood on Tracks!)

im going to buy the new album soon and savor the new tracks but i scanned a times review by Joe Klein whos tone seams to be negative

scanned by me

p.s i know i read the times

Last edited by mrsjamesdean; 04-05-2009 at 02:40 AM.
24-05-2009
rising star

The blue-eyed genius named Robert Allen Zimmerman turns 68 today!

and we all know that all his lyrics, music, performances are always freaking amazing.

"May God bless and keep you always,
May your wishes all come true,
May you always do for others
And let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung,
May you stay forever young,
Forever young, forever young,
May you stay forever young."
Bob Dylan

Happy Birthday!

03-06-2009
fashion insider

The first time I listened to Bob Dylan, I thought he was just ok and that all of his songs sort of sound the same. I only listened to him once in a while, but with each listen his music started growing on me. Nowadays I listen to him so much and my love for him still grows with each listen. He has so many good albums, I have a new favourite Dylan album every month. :p Right now it's Bringing It All Back Home. Blonde on Blonde, Highway 61, and Blood on the Tracks are all perfect too.

shake off your flesh

Last night I rediscovered my love for John Wesley Harding. For some reason the album seems to be one of the least mentioned of Dylan’s works from the 60's, but it's one of my favorites. It’s more pensive and stripped-down than a few of his previous releases.

03-06-2009
V.I.P.

It's pretty underrated, I agree... Despite the classic All along the watchtower & The Ballad of Frankie Lee & Judas Preist... I also love As I went out one morning; those are some of my very favorites.

I feel the same way about Oh Mercy, I don't think it's very popular, but I quite like it. Then again, I have really grown to love (ignoring some of the 80's stuff) all of his albums!

07-06-2009
backstage pass

Am I the only one who thinks that Bob Dylan's are similiar to the ones that John Cooper Clarke used to have?

The last one is fun

sources: wordpress.com | tustrucos.com | livejournal.com | sonicitchmusic.com | wordpress.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bob-dylan-smoking-a-cig.jpg (98.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Rock-Roll-Bob-Dylan.jpg (95.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg bob_dylan.jpg (55.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg bob-dylan-5366.jpg (33.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg bob-dylan-i-cant-sing.jpg (201.0 KB, 9 views)

V.I.P.

Quote:
Bob Dylan's Christmas In The Heart is now being previewed online.

The album, Dylan's first major festive offering, is set for release on October 13 and features covers of such Yuletide classics as Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas and Winter Wonderland alongside a clutch of traditional carols - Hark The Herald Angels Sing, O' Come All Ye Faithful and O' Little Town Of Bethlehem among them.

All US royalties from sales of the album will go to charity Feeding America. All other proceeds from the record will be donated to hunger relief organisations around the globe.

Dylan has said: "It's a tragedy that more than 35 million people in this country alone - 12 million of those children - often go to bed hungry and wake up each morning unsure of where their next meal is coming from. I join the good people of Feeding America in the hope that our efforts can bring some food security to people in need during this holiday season."
mojo4music

02-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Bob Dylan, the singer-songwriter who has taken his fans down Highway 61 by way of Lonely Avenue and Desolation Row, is in negotiations to voice a satellite navigation system.

The music star claimed that he has been approached by more than one manufacturer keen to harness his unmistakeable, rasping tones - a voice which one critic memorably likened to sandpaper. He shared the news with listeners to his late-night radio show, Theme Time Radio Hour, which is broadcast on BBC Six Music.

“You know I don’t usually like to tell people what I’m doing, but I’m talking to a couple of car companies about the possibility of being the voice of their GPS system,” he disclosed.

Motorists who follow Dylan’s directions, however, may take some time to reach their destination. “I think it would be good if you are looking for directions and you heard my voice saying something like, ‘Left at the next street…. No, right… You know what? Just go straight.” He added: “I probably shouldn’t do it because whichever way I go, I always end up at one place - Lonely Avenue.”

Dylan, 66, would not be the first celebrity to lend his voice to a GPS system. TomTom, the sat-nav manufacturer, currently offers the voices of Homer Simpson and John Cleese, while Kim Cattrall, the Sex and the City actress, and The A Team actor Mr. T are also popular among British motorists.

Several websites offer impersonations of celebrity voices for download, with Sean Connery, Ozzy Osbourne and David Hasselhoff among the favourites for drivers who consider the computerised sat-nav tones to be on the boring side.

Eddie Izzard, the comedian, offers his own set of directions, which include phrases such as: “For God’s sake, turn left!” and “Bear left, monkey right.”

This would not be Dylan’s first foray into the commercial world. Earlier this year, he surprised many of his fans by allowing his music to be used in a television advert. Blowin’ In The Wind, his 1963 anthem, was featured in a commercial for the Co-operative Group.

The singer, who has sold more than 70 million albums during his career, recently topped the UK chart with his latest album, Together Thru Life.
celebitchy

02-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
“I think it would be good if you are looking for directions and you heard my voice saying something like, ‘Left at the next street…. No, right… You know what? Just go straight.” He added: “I probably shouldn’t do it because whichever way I go, I always end up at one place - Lonely Avenue."

thanks for sharing, lizbabe09. makes me want to drive. :p

02-10-2009
V.I.P.

Going to see him two back-to-back nights coming up in just about a week and a half.

11-10-2009
tfs star

I saw him last night and it was amazing!

scenester

I love desolation row, personally. It so soothing to listen to him while driving. I rediscovered him about a month ago, although have since switched to another cd in my car, maybe I should give blonde on blonde a go this time around... don't remember much about it.

Did anybody watch that Bob Dylan biopic with Heath Ledger in it? I loved it!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bob, dylan