How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-12-2006
backstage pass

^ Nu-Clear Sounds is way heavier than 1977, whilst it might not actually constitute as metal it's about a million miles away from britpop

24-12-2006
tfs star

never really liked ash. girl from mars makes me want to kill myself every time i hear it. why is it still played? ugh.

the manics are one of my fave bands ever...and i have multitudes of personal pics if anyone is interested.

28-12-2006
V.I.P.

I love the Manic Street Preachers; I like Mansun, Suede, the Stone Roses. All this was introduced to me via British magazines during my youth, or I'd never have known a word of it. But I am, in fact, listening to The Holy Bible as I type...

V.I.P.

Oh this thread takes me back! :p

I love Blur, but for me it hasn't been the same since Graham left.

I agree with SiennaInLondon about some of the bands being mediocre. Kula Shaker remind me of fun times, but they were a pretty rubbish band.

28-12-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Star
Oh this thread takes me back! :p

I love Blur, but for me it hasn't been the same since Graham left.

I agree with SiennaInLondon about some of the bands being mediocre. Kula Shaker remind me of fun times, but they were a pretty rubbish band.
but the singer was nice

does anyone knows what is going on with blur... i heard that they will make a comeback...

28-12-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.j.
but the singer was nice

does anyone knows what is going on with blur... i heard that they will make a comeback...
Well they may well do another album but Graham Coxon has said he won't rejoin them. Shame really

28-12-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer~
I love the Manic Street Preachers; I like Mansun, Suede, the Stone Roses. All this was introduced to me via British magazines during my youth, or I'd never have known a word of it. But I am, in fact, listening to The Holy Bible as I type...
Oooh, what an album

Nothings happening with Blur, Albarn has a new band with Paul Simonon from the Clash and Gorillaz, Graham has his own career.

28-12-2006
V.I.P.

Gorillaz are not a band anymore... they sort of split up... it was just a project...

29-12-2006
V.I.P.

i love supergrass, the verve and what's the story morning glory cd by oasis makes me feel like i'm in a rock stadium

tifa you're lucky..i love richard ashcroft. although i don't think much of his newest solo cd i absolutely love the verve

i remember my uncle played me one of suede's albums a while back (i forget the name) i loved it

Last edited by city girl; 29-12-2006 at 05:44 AM.
29-12-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.j.
Gorillaz are not a band anymore... they sort of split up... it was just a project...
but he has been working with them for years, while blur have been basically inactive. nothings happening there. to be honest, i prefer gorillaz but thats nothing to do with albarn, some great musicians working in there.

city girl, yeah ashcroft's newest...not soo good. break the night with colour is one of the only decent songs on it and even it'd be a average track on a verve cd. he still pulls it together really well live though, for a total nutter

13-01-2007
V.I.P.

jarvis
anyone has jarvis cocker's CD from last year?
IMO,very pulpy!!! just got it,i like it...

p.s.do you remember ali g and jarvis in ali's show???performing Help The Aged???

13-01-2007
front row

i've running the world in my head at the moment, actually- though i don't have the album.
huge britpop fan- though have kind of grown into a slightly differing taste now, oasis will always be one of my top 5 bands, as will verve. loved kula shaker, travis, supergrass and most of the others mentioned as well, especially between 16 and 23.

14-01-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by semolinapilchard
i've running the world in my head at the moment, actually- though i don't have the album.
huge britpop fan- though have kind of grown into a slightly differing taste now, oasis will always be one of my top 5 bands, as will verve. loved kula shaker, travis, supergrass and most of the others mentioned as well, especially between 16 and 23.
i can upload the album, but i have no idea if that is legal????

25-02-2007
V.I.P.

my scan

25-02-2007
front row

I'm seeing Jarvis in April!!! I'm so excited

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brit, pop