How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-02-2007
V.I.P.

Yeah you are right! If I was surrounded by old geezers loving him, it might put me off. That said, my parents are old geezers and they love him too. How come you are in Stoke and Newcastle? Are you at boarding school?

05-03-2007
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
How come you are in Stoke and Newcastle?
Hehe no, my home is in Stoke but i go to uni in Newcastle.

backstage pass

Thought I'd post another video. This is "Fire"...not to be confused with his song "I'm On Fire". I just love him here.

[YOUTUBE]d5PoIrcyd34[/YOUTUBE]

backstage pass

Here is "Racing in the Street" live, 1980. I think that the Rolling Stone article you posted Sienna said this was the best (or one of the best?) Springsteen song ever written...or something like that? (sorry if I'm completely wrong...I'm a little drunk :p ). Sorry this video seems to be of terrible quality!

[youtube]aXwzG_4cmes[/youtube]

backstage pass

"The Ties That Bind" during a 1978 soundcheck...the guitar on this is amazing! The tag on this video said that the song was never again played in this particular way/arrangement.

[YOUTUBE]SQaKyiSxdbk[/YOUTUBE]

backstage pass

I don't think "Thunder Road" is on here yet? Live from London Hammersmith Odeon...I know I am completely cliche, but this was the first song that made me fall in love with Bruce...and I still love this song so much. It's just so beautiful. The video is a little dark, esp at first.

[youtube]PYPSZiE0OAs[/youtube]

Last edited by polly; 20-03-2007 at 10:39 PM.
20-03-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Champion
OMG THE BOSS

I love completely, my mum n dad keep teasing me as they have seen him 3times and im in total awe!!!
Welcome to the thread Paper Champion!

V.I.P.

Don't worry Polly! Thunder Road got us all. It is a fact of life in the Bruceverse. I need to buy the DVD of the Hammersmith Apollo show as I only have the album and the hat is just the most beautiful thing.

21-03-2007
V.I.P.

WHERE IN GOD'S NAME DID YOU FIND THAT VERSION OF THE TIES THAT BIND???? I have never seen anything like it. Omg I want his babies. But then I feel like that everyday. I don't understand why this soundcheck is the only existing version of the arrangement. Surely he was soundchecking for a concert or something... unless the song didn't make it to the setlist? I am really blown away by this but his bootlist is so extensive that I will probably keep getting blown away forever. I am pretty new to boots -do you have any Polly? My favourite one is one another fan in the States posted me -the Prodigal Son at the Main Point bootleg. It has the Wings For Wheels version of Thunder Road (pretty different lyrics) and a glorious introduction to the E Street Shuffle, an astounding version of Dylan's 'I Want You' (better than Dylan if you ask me) and above all, THE THE Incident On 57th Street to end ALL Incident on 57th Streets. I never really thought too long about the album version of the song but whenever I am humming to myself ever, I always catch myself humming, 'Spanish Johnny drove in, from the underworld last night. With bruised arms and broken rhythm, in a beat up old Buick... and dressed just like dynamite..."

21-03-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
Don't worry Polly! Thunder Road got us all. It is a fact of life in the Bruceverse. I need to buy the DVD of the Hammersmith Apollo show as I only have the album and the hat is just the most beautiful thing.
Oh and the earrings flashing in his ears that make him look like a tanned boardwalk gypsy... on HEAT. And the way he enunciates Flamingo in Jungleland, ""Barefoot girl sitting on the hood of a Dodge, drinking warm beer in the soft summer rain. Rat pulls into town, rolls up his pants, together they take a stab at romance and disappear down Flamingo lane. Well the maximum lawman run down Flamingo chasing the rat and the barefoot girl..."

21-03-2007
V.I.P.

Racing In The Street is probably my least favourite song on Darkness... Although Darkness is usually my favourite album so that isn't really that bad at all. Actually I prefer Racing to Adam Raised A Cain. That version of Fire is hot. It is on the DVD video anthology. It is funny hearing all those girls scream their little lungs out Although he looks a bit too 80s for my liking. I am a fan of 70s and noughties Bruce looks wise.

21-03-2007
V.I.P.

http://photos7.flickr.com/10440004_72f1e0ef2d_o.jpg

I don't think Bruce and Bono are actually friends. Well I hope not. Cos Bono is a twat. I get the feeling Bruce thinks so too.

21-03-2007
V.I.P.

This is adorable! He is the happiest, sweetest looking kid in class!

http://www.friendsofthespringsteenco...shmanPhoto.jpg

21-03-2007
V.I.P.

Cute socks!

http://www.stilltv.com/2006/bottomli...gsteen_127.jpg

http://www.janetmacoska.com/images/g...pringsteen.jpg

21-03-2007
V.I.P.

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/shenews/images/spring.jpg

Seems Simon Cowell is a bit jealous of Bruce these days... Don't have quite the same number of twenty year old female fans do ya Simon?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
band, bruce, springsteen, street