How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
10-01-2012
  1
.my prison is your brain.
 
HeatherAnne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 21,009
Coachella 2012


coachella.com

__________________

  Reply With Quote
 
10-01-2012
  2
V.I.P.
 
LagerfeldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hollywood
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,200
I'll be anxiously waiting until 10 am to officially purchase my tickets on friday
Although I'm excited, I can't help but feel a slight bit disappointed. The Chemical Brothers, Cut Copy, and The Drums performed last year, which makes it hard to top. Nonetheless, I'm definitely going just to see M83, Radiohead, Metronomy, Flying Lotus, and SBTRKT.

__________________
Forever and Ever: Snejana/Anabela/Natasha/Anja/Britt/Kasia/Sasha/Magdalena/Raquel/Hanne G./Freja/Mariacarla/Anna S./Tatiana/Katie F./Shu Pei/Erin W./Karlie/Bette/Constance/Elsa S.TUMBLR BLOG
  Reply With Quote
10-01-2012
  3
V.I.P.
 
Psylocke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,978
I hope they will have a live stream of all the performances on YouTube again this year, though only Bon Iver and Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg really excite me in this line up.

  Reply With Quote
11-01-2012
  4
V.I.P.
 
city girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,526
At the drive-in

__________________
reading The Beautiful and Damned by F Scott Fitzgerald -> completed 0
  Reply With Quote
11-01-2012
  5
V.I.P.
 
Style Savvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: homme
Posts: 6,406
Such a good line-up. If I had tons of money I would definitely go. The Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys, M83, The Rapture, Neon Indian, Bon Iver, Miike Snow, St. Vincent, SBTRKT, Destroyer, Justice, Florence + the Machine, Avicii, La Roux, Beirut, Grouplove, The Weeknd, Calvin Harris, Santigold, Gotye, Real Estate and Housse de Racket.

__________________
kate moss • lara stone
New Faces In Fashion
Status: Online
 
Reply With Quote
11-01-2012
  6
V.I.P.
 
jun3machina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: along the lines of my mind
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,198
not really felling it....there are a few good bands...but nothing i cant live without. i think previous years outdid this line-up

__________________

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
  Reply With Quote
11-01-2012
  7
rising star
 
mcnuwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: fashionville
Gender: homme
Posts: 103
ugh! this lineup is just too much for me!!!! if i had the money at this moment, i would totally take leave and go there all by myself!!

But I'm saving up for Ibiza 2013, baby!!!

  Reply With Quote
13-01-2012
  8
V.I.P.
 
MulletProof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Gender: femme
Posts: 24,764
Got my weekend 1 tickets!


I probably wouldn't be this excited if I hadn't waited for over an hour on their site, I feel like I won American Idol or something.

__________________
Metal teeth of carousels.
  Reply With Quote
13-01-2012
  9
V.I.P.
 
LagerfeldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hollywood
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
Got my weekend 1 tickets!


I probably wouldn't be this excited if I hadn't waited for over an hour on their site, I feel like I won American Idol or something.
omfg I hate you!
My friends and I were awake since 10 am waiting to purchase out tickets and NOTHING showed up on the screen.

__________________
Forever and Ever: Snejana/Anabela/Natasha/Anja/Britt/Kasia/Sasha/Magdalena/Raquel/Hanne G./Freja/Mariacarla/Anna S./Tatiana/Katie F./Shu Pei/Erin W./Karlie/Bette/Constance/Elsa S.TUMBLR BLOG
  Reply With Quote
13-01-2012
  10
V.I.P.
 
MulletProof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Gender: femme
Posts: 24,764
that's terrible, are tickets for weekend 2 sold out as well?!?
I was actually this close of giving up by 11:09 am, I figured the standby page was pure BS- I actually closed the weekend 1 window and opened one for weekend 2, and then I saw a crazy amount of tweets saying W1 had sold out so being stubborn like I am I felt like giving W1 another go and 5 minutes later I was in! . Pretty crazy. I honestly feel like they should put tickets physically on sale in the area (LA, San Diego) like they used to, that way people that really want and can go wouldn't have to compete with resellers that just saturate the system.

I also hoped to get my tickets on layaway but I didn't find the option anywhere so I bought it for the full price, which is probably the best option in hindsight but still, I like the layaway option better, I feel like it makes up for the festival being 50% about money (don't even get me started on the June 2011 sale..), which is unfair. I remember being 18 and being able to buy tickets for the day I wanted with my own money, if I was 18 now I certainly would not be able to afford the current prices, it's insane.. like I just bought tickets with some shuttle thing that better be helpful. I miss the casualness of driving-parking-enjoying good music-back to my town.

Anyway, I convinced myself I would go to see Los Hermanos in Brazil if I didn't make it to Coachella, I'd recommend you planning something bigger and better for Spring to not feel too bad about it.

__________________
Metal teeth of carousels.

Last edited by MulletProof; 13-01-2012 at 05:30 PM.
  Reply With Quote
13-01-2012
  11
Stitch:the Hand
 
Scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Among the trees
Gender: homme
Posts: 12,973
no love for feist? i adore her recent album. i hope they have this on youtube like they did last year as well. was really excited being able to watch PJ Harvey's full set which she killed as usual.

still a little bitter with how they handled her last year. putting her on one of the outside stages like she was some up and comer just so they could make away for kanye and his fat ego which was on at the same time. completely overshadowed PJ's presence that evening. she should have been a headline act.


Last edited by Scott; 13-01-2012 at 07:48 PM.
  Reply With Quote
08-02-2012
  12
V.I.P.
 
LagerfeldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hollywood
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
that's terrible, are tickets for weekend 2 sold out as well?!?
I was actually this close of giving up by 11:09 am, I figured the standby page was pure BS- I actually closed the weekend 1 window and opened one for weekend 2, and then I saw a crazy amount of tweets saying W1 had sold out so being stubborn like I am I felt like giving W1 another go and 5 minutes later I was in! . Pretty crazy. I honestly feel like they should put tickets physically on sale in the area (LA, San Diego) like they used to, that way people that really want and can go wouldn't have to compete with resellers that just saturate the system.

I also hoped to get my tickets on layaway but I didn't find the option anywhere so I bought it for the full price, which is probably the best option in hindsight but still, I like the layaway option better, I feel like it makes up for the festival being 50% about money (don't even get me started on the June 2011 sale..), which is unfair. I remember being 18 and being able to buy tickets for the day I wanted with my own money, if I was 18 now I certainly would not be able to afford the current prices, it's insane.. like I just bought tickets with some shuttle thing that better be helpful. I miss the casualness of driving-parking-enjoying good music-back to my town.

Anyway, I convinced myself I would go to see Los Hermanos in Brazil if I didn't make it to Coachella, I'd recommend you planning something bigger and better for Spring to not feel too bad about it.
So sorry to be barely getting back to you.
It's absolutely unfair. I just saw some crazy seller selling a ticket for about $1000 on ebay!
Me and my friends are actually planning something fun for the spring, so that should take our minds off of not being able to go.:p

__________________
Forever and Ever: Snejana/Anabela/Natasha/Anja/Britt/Kasia/Sasha/Magdalena/Raquel/Hanne G./Freja/Mariacarla/Anna S./Tatiana/Katie F./Shu Pei/Erin W./Karlie/Bette/Constance/Elsa S.TUMBLR BLOG
  Reply With Quote
12-02-2012
  13
fashion icon
 
Bezimienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by jun3machina View Post
not really felling it....there are a few good bands...but nothing i cant live without. i think previous years outdid this line-up
I'm with you.
Anyway I feel like everyone's performing at coachella every year

__________________
'you almost wish that you could have all that bad stuff back, so you could have the good'
bijochcauneerichsenkoponenmcneilnescherstruss
  Reply With Quote
15-04-2012
  14
fashion insider
 
adore dior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,421
I really wanted to go but none of my broke friends wanted to shell out $300. My be I'll grow some balls n go alone next year

__________________
i heart Viggo Mortensen, James Franco, Mathias Lauridsen,Matthew Goode in that order
blog- http://plainblackts.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
15-04-2012
  15
Stitch:the Hand
 
Scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Among the trees
Gender: homme
Posts: 12,973
anybody a little miffed that youtube decided not to stream feist's performance(especially considering she was a headliner) but funnily changed their minds last minute for radiohead? and i love radiohead but i just don't understand why the scaled back their coverage for those of us not present....we got to see and enjoy almost every aspect last year,if i'm not mistaken.

but those i did get to see this year.....santigold today put on a great,high-spirited show....love the new tunes....pulp and mazzy star back together and back-to-back on the main stage was utterly fantastic! it so nice to see hope in all her unassuming magic bestow us with classic MS. i stayed up pretty late last night to watch radiohead and they were flawless as usual. laura marling was lovely too.

missed st. vincent though but i heard she charmed everyone but the crowd surfing seemed a little redundant.


Last edited by Scott; 15-04-2012 at 10:56 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, coachella
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.