How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-01-2013
V.I.P.

Coachella 2013
I'm crying over The Stone Roses/Blur/Phoenix/New Order/Moby/Tame Impala being there

Coachella's Facebook

24-01-2013
V.I.P.

Really? I know I'll probably get torched here but whoever handles that stuff and keeps pushing in that britpop needs to stop.. the Stone Roses and Blur as headliners.. give me a break.. they're going to make it even more awkward than Pulp last year when everyone was looking around like 'does someone actually know the lyrics of these guys?'..

And Social Distortion and Violent Femmes.. it's like a KROQ nightmare .. wouldn't be surprised to see Cake somewhere there too, the three 'musts' of socal radio from hell.

I hope Nick Cave, Dead Can Dance and Grizzly Bear play in the area around those dates.. that's about it.. I was intrigued about Wild Belle, but they'll probably add more shows as well..

Feeling very relieved right now.. I was panicking on how good it would be and whether I'd be in town or not. It's not disastrous anyway, it's ugly but I still think it would be fun to attend regardless of how much you're into a band, there are always nice surprises (like Feist and Justice last year).

Stitch:the Hand

oh yeah that proverbial college rock and britpop....it's like they're desperately trying to relive the 90's. i will say i am a fan of pulp and i really enjoyed their performance last year but this year i just don't know....nick cave should have been the obvious headliner of all of them if you ask me. and why isn't bat for lashes one of the big headliners for the second day? i think at this point she's kind of earned it. what has moby and franz ferdinand done in a while to warrant that?

needless to say,at least we aren't being subjected to another prince/jay-z/kanye debacle.

Last edited by Scott; 25-01-2013 at 11:37 AM.
25-01-2013
rising star

I'm just glad to see that the Yeah Yeah Yeah's are back in action. I won't be going to Coachella but I'm looking forward to the livestream on youtube. Even though the line up is a bit disappointing this year considering the biggest headliner is RHCP. Don't get me wrong I like them but I was expecting bigger names for the headliners.

25-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
Really? I know I'll probably get torched here but whoever handles that stuff and keeps pushing in that britpop needs to stop.. the Stone Roses and Blur as headliners.. give me a break.. they're going to make it even more awkward than Pulp last year when everyone was looking around like 'does someone actually know the lyrics of these guys?'..

And Social Distortion and Violent Femmes.. it's like a KROQ nightmare .. wouldn't be surprised to see Cake somewhere there too, the three 'musts' of socal radio from hell.

I hope Nick Cave, Dead Can Dance and Grizzly Bear play in the area around those dates.. that's about it.. I was intrigued about Wild Belle, but they'll probably add more shows as well..

Feeling very relieved right now.. I was panicking on how good it would be and whether I'd be in town or not. It's not disastrous anyway, it's ugly but I still think it would be fun to attend regardless of how much you're into a band, there are always nice surprises (like Feist and Justice last year).
Idk, I've been listening heavily to Blur/The Stone Roses/ and all those brit bands, so for me it's quite amazing to see them on the lineup, but I know what you mean.

Not gonna lie, last year's lineup was SO good, so idk how they would top that. Imo, if I had to choose last years compared to this years, I'd obviously choose last year. I'm satisfied with the the choices this year

V.I.P.

any style pics yet?

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
13-04-2013

wow grinderman killed it last night!

and bat for lashes this evening was beautiful as always. i love the way she kind of changes up the sound for every live performance.

13-04-2013
V.I.P.

Did they stream Grizzly Bear's performance, Scott?! uhhh, I got home so late, I wanted to see that. Missed it just like I missed yesterday's Purity Ring. Bah. Ugh.

V.I.P.

^ Yes they did. They were amazing! I'm sure someone will upload their set onto youtube in the coming hours.

The xx, Phoenix, New Order & Simian Mobile Disco are all coming up later tonight as well.

Last edited by Elfinkova; 13-04-2013 at 11:02 PM.
13-04-2013
V.I.P.

Oh, damnit!. I hope they put it up!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
Did they stream Grizzly Bear's performance, Scott?! uhhh, I got home so late, I wanted to see that. Missed it just like I missed yesterday's Purity Ring. Bah. Ugh.
It was fantastic! I'm sure they'll upload it later on or maybe a video of the highlights of their performance.

In other news, my friend met Jason Wu there

yeah i missed a lot of the earlier afternoon performances because i had forgotten it was even this weekend till i heard it on tv. so i only tuned into the later evening performances. i got to see the last bit of YYY's and blur followed....but mostly i was intrigued by nick cave's energy and intensity. he did a lot of audience interaction which i loved.

am i the only thought that BFL's set was horrendously short? i could have watched another 20 minutes. i guess because she wasn't a headliner? but i've seen longer.

really looking forward to seeing nick cave return this evening with the bad seeds. i love their new album. and dead can dance is closing....unbelievable.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, coachella