How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-01-2007
V.I.P.

Aww pauvre Hilde

Why didn't you just turn up and try your luck. They are usually very liberal affairs. People in and out etc etc.

15-01-2007
V.I.P.

MCR's

16-01-2007
V.I.P.

Queen ...

And the Live 8 concert!

16-01-2007
congratulations, nerds.

Jeff Buckley - Live at Sin-é, just to hear that voice.
Nirvana Unplugged - Even watching it was so incredible, and quite eerie with the lillies and the candles, I can't imagine what it would be like to be there.
David Bowie on any date of his Serious Moonlight tour, but particually the Wembley Stadium gig.

16-01-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
Aww pauvre Hilde
biiiiiiiaaaa...

I e-mailed stupid bogaloobar of course, saying that the only audience they get from announcing the tickets by e-mail, and selling them out the next three minutes is computer-geeks with no life online 24/7. They acually replied. :p

16-01-2007
front row

For me it would have to be the Pet Shop Boys Performance tour from the early 90's, I saw them recently and it was amazing, but the costumes and the video projections looked amazing from the performance tour.

20-03-2007
clever ain't wise

I keep finding new ones - this one is with Bowie and Marianne Faithfull during the Diamond Dogs era (I think?) - Bowie was at his very best (sooo godly) and with such perfect timing...but poor Marianne is definitely lagging. Still, it's heartfelt. Also interesting from a fashion perspective - nobody to work those arms like Bowie

[youtube]TvtDD98rK-o[/youtube]

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 20-03-2007 at 09:00 AM.
20-03-2007
fashion elite

any queen concert.. or muse @ glastonbury

20-03-2007
V.I.P.

OMG did Faithful f*** Bowie? I officially hate her if she did. That is a beautiful boy. The cheekbones. She does sound horrible though which is some consolation.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 20-03-2007 at 09:54 PM.
20-03-2007
tfs star

I would have given my right arm to see the Who at Leeds Also, some of the bands I love such as Radiohead, have gotten so big that seeing them now entails being 3 miles from the stage and still paying 75 dollars, so I wish I could have seen them when they were smaller..also seeing Zepp in a small environment would have been amazing. I would most definitely give both my arms to have seen Gram Parsons/The Byrds.

20-03-2007
clever ain't wise

Quote:
OMG did Faithful f*** Bowie? I officially hate her if she did. That is a beautiful boy. The cheekbones. She does sound horrible though which is some consolation.
lol - it certainly looks like they did - those awful smug smiles they've both got plastered on their faces

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 20-03-2007 at 09:57 PM.
21-03-2007
V.I.P.

Chanel, trust me, you don't want to see the Who anywhere. It is awful... nowhere near their heyday.

^And yeah she does look smug. And he must be getting something out of it if he is pretending not to be offended by her catterwalling.

22-03-2007
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Chanel, trust me, you don't want to see the Who anywhere. It is awful... nowhere near their heyday.

^And yeah she does look smug. And he must be getting something out of it if he is pretending not to be offended by her catterwalling.
Well, this was in ca 1974, and I guess it was around that time she lived by a Soho wall. Call me a materialist, but I say whatever she was smug about was pretty superficial.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 22-03-2007 at 12:53 AM.
22-03-2007
tfs star

Right,i was saying I wanted to see them when they recorded the Leeds concert that became the album, which was during their heyday.. I know for certain I don't want to see them now Did you see them recently? I saw them on I think David Letterman or something and it made me a bit sad.

22-03-2007
Rebaptising my badness

U2 during the Zoo TV Tour.
The Clash at the Lewisham Odeon '81 or at Bonds in NY- heck, I'd give my right arm for any Clash concert!

And maybe, just maybe, Bauhaus at the Old Vic (and just because Bauhaus 2.0 sucks)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
arm, concert