How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-08-2005
daisy in my lazy eye

Electrelane
Rrr, I love those tough ladies. They look very stoic and in another wave length while playing, one of them reminded me so much of Francesca, she came off as quite shy and the most passive. Something I like, my friends clearly not, but that didn't matter cause I'm can't take for granted they were able to appreciate - or maybe tolerate is a better word - the music. Jabber jabbre... Let's pass the word before I get jaw cramps.

Some guy I don't know but who was obviously more friendly than another old bold ugly man who didn't even bother to communicate, gah, sent me his pics from Metropolis (Dutch festival). I'll post those later, cause they are immense and I have to resize them.

I have more to say Was anyone else also surprised to hear how instrumental Axes turned out, after lyric-centric The Power Out? They proved they have a lot to offer, on every level I can think of, now try to mix in a bit of all, contrasts are good

04-08-2005
V.I.P.

they are awesome, i really want to see them live.

i hate to say this but i only found out about them through Nylon (march 2004 i think), now, nylon might not be a good reference for music these days but i thought the description of their work was interesting, also they fact they are all women doing something remotely different ->instrumentally, lyrically.

good call, perlefine. finally a decent thread for this section.

daisy in my lazy eye

Exactly, they're all WOMEN! Women playing raucous experimental rock. Everyone should cheer that

The guy was no photographic god, but at least you get an idea. Blonde 60s chick rocked.

04-08-2005
V.I.P.

good's better than god. i love the first one, might be the color or lack of it but it just looks pretty cool.

daisy in my lazy eye

Hah. They're on Wikipedia Neu! is also what they directly reminded me of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrelane

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
electrelane