How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-06-2011
V.I.P.

Amazing at the Met Gala, yay for seeing her on Nylon. Hopefully, more scans will come soon.

06-06-2011
tfs star

Ella Alexander at vogue.co.uk 06 June 2011

Quote:
FRIDA GIANNINI has described Florence Welch as her inspiration for Gucci's autumn/winter 2011 offering.

"As I was imagining this collection I was thinking of a strong and somewhat mysterious muse. Florence is that kind of woman," she explained. "I met her in Los Angeles at this year's Grammys and was captivated by her presence. She has a powerful personality and an entrancing quality to her performances. She also has that confident and self assured look that goes hand in hand with the Gucci woman."

Having picked Mark Ronson, Rihanna and James Franco to appear in previous Gucci campaigns, Giannini believes she has an eye for emerging talent.

"I chose to work with all three of them before they became as popular culturally as they are today," she told Dazed Digital. "I think Gucci has been successful in bridging past and present. We have a rich and storied past, but we always have an eye to the future, which these collaborations represent."

V.I.P.

Stitch:the Hand

have you guys heard this yet? it's for the upcoming tribute album for buddy holly....rave on buddy holly. patti smith,lou reed,paul mccartney & my morning jacket are also some of the other fantastic artists that contributed.

08-06-2011
tfs star

^ I'd not heard that song but it's great. I love her covers.
And the styling for the Nylon shoot is beaut.

V.I.P.

Florence and the Machine perform new song!

Wire Image/ Jarett Wieselman

"Strangeness & Charm," Florence + The Machine's sophomore CD, is the most anticipated second coming since the Resurrection and since the brilliant band has been touring the globe, snippets of new music have been making their way into the ether.

Bonaroo served up the title track [listen] while last night they took to LA's Greek Theater and delivered another newbie, the anthemic "Lay Me Down." With haunting lyrics and a heart-pounding drumbeat, it's clear there will be no sophomore slump here!

She looks gorgeous in the yellow dress. I would ''DIE'' to see her in concert. I always seems to miss out.

17-06-2011

is the title of the second 'lay me down' or 'what the water gave me'? i like it a lot. it's got a bit of a fleetwood mac tinged with a bit of a banshees feel about it.

promising stuff. this probably means new material has either already been mixed and prepped for release soon or in the process of being so.

27-06-2011
V.I.P.

another new live tune called 'bedroom hymns' subversively sexual

08-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Florence Welch of Florence and The Machine performs on stage at Central Park SummerStage on June 24, 2011 in New York City.

Quote:
Singer Florence Welch of Florence and The Machine performs at Rumsey Playfield, Central Park on June 24, 2011 in New York City.

Quote:
Florence Welch attends the 2011 Nylon Music Issue Launch Party on June 21, 2011 in New York, United States.

zimbio

V.I.P.

^I don't understand why the plastic blonde from Fashion Police criticized that last look. I think she looks very good.

14-07-2011
V.I.P.

^ I like the look too but of course Joan Rivers would never get it. She would love her in the Gucci dresses.

16-07-2011

don't worry about those idiots. joan rivers is still under some misguided delusion that she's some arbiter of style all the while she looks like a skeleton in drag. and kelly osbourne has become her puppet and has become so generic and annoying now. and that rancic chick has no character whatsoever.

16-07-2011
V.I.P.

I caught that episode! That show frustrates me except for Joan Rivers, actually. She actually dresses well for her age and she knows she's a freak show. RANCID knows absolutely nothing about fashion with her ugly over-embellished dresses. And she had the right to call Kirsten Dunst a 'hot mess'. The gay guy is tolerable, I guess. Don't get me started on Kelly Osbourne. What a twit. She's had enough fashion faux pas to cover five seasons of Fashion Police. All they would need is to replace Rivers with a KarTRANNYian and it'd be a nightmare from hell. To be honest, I don't really like that Anna Sui look, but to call it the worst look of the week? lol.

V.I.P.

^
Too funny!

I also like that outfit.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
florence, machine