How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-06-2006
backstage pass

im a fan of goldfrapp here some pics

goldfrapp.free.fr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alisongoldfrapp1.jpg (64.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg alisongoldfrapp2.jpg (89.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg alisongoldfrapp3.jpg (93.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg alisongoldfrapp4.jpg (75.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg alisongoldfrapp5.jpg (91.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg alisongoldfrapp6.jpg (54.6 KB, 8 views)

09-06-2006
trendsetter

rayder karma for you!

10-06-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily530
rayder karma for you!
thank you

10-06-2006
fashion insider

If it's ever a creepy, thunder-storm night, pouring, and you are alone - go outside under a roof and listen to the song 'Lovely Head'. Well, that's what I was doing when I first discovered that album, and the song seems to match so well..

fashion elite

I love Alison she has a great voice.. on Crystalline green, The train, Oh la la those tracks are hot ..some were played on lagerfeld versace runway show lovely

backstage pass

alison goldfrapp as style one of my fav fashion iocns

babe100.com

07-09-2006
backstage pass

babe100.com

15-11-2006
rising star

In the Netherlands whe're love her style. She has great clothets! Do somebody have any pictures of her style?
Alison is in the top 2-list form Ellegirl's best dressed womans in the Netherlands!

15-11-2006
V.I.P.

I like Goldfrapp and I like the style Alison has in studio photographs, but I feel both Goldfrapp and Alison are overrated.

V.I.P.

^I agree with you, I feel they're a bit overrated, though, yes, I like the music.

Stitch:the Hand

Goldfrapp working on new material??
I dunno if these kinds of topics are still allowed with the format and if not please do merge it Strawberry

I was on wikipedia earlier today just browsing some info and decided to take a look if there was some news about Goldfrapp on there....and at the end,it said that Goldfrapp was currently back in the studio working on new material scheduled for Spring 2007. I don't know if their news info is really trustworthy---Does anybody know if this is true? If they are,in all honesty,I hope it's much better than Supernature. Sure there was come good pop tunes,but it lacked the oomph of anything prior. Too commercial and not so original if you ask me...which is what they've always been,imo. Actually,scratch that. I got that cover b-side they did "boys will be boys" and I really hope they're new material will be along the lines of that. I think they are so much better at arrangements and that kind of layering they did on Felt Mountain than some of the more one-dimensional stuff on Supernature.

19-11-2006
seagreen serenades

i don't know if that's true, hopefully it will be something to erase the (nearly) painful memory of Supernature.
i agree completely, it was pure pop... which is fine if you're someone who can't make mystical music that transports you to another plain (e.g. madonna )... but they can!

i haven't heard that cover... but i didn't like the cover of 'yes sir, i can boogie'. i don't even know if that's new or old though... and i call myself a fan. :p

19-11-2006
Stitch:the Hand

^indeed. I think that's what disappointed me so much about it....it didn't have that spark....that ability to carry one to another dimension inside their imaginations or souls. Especially,like Felt Mountain did. Sad to say,as I am a huge fan,Supernature is a bit souless in comparison. But I guess everybody is allowed to have that not-so-strong album now and again. But I hope that it isn't true this news....I really hope they take time and create a more thoughtful,meticulous album again.

yeah,yes sir was from black cherry...it was okay,and I suppose I liked it when they performed it in London on their DVD but not as good as their Physical cover. boys will be boys,is on that 7" picture disc they released only in the UK and Europe and in the US it was released on "Fly Me Away". It's a really good tune....very Dietrich,big band(reminded me a bit of Oompah Radar)...and generally very close to that style of arranging on Felt Mountain. The only bad thing is that it's much too short a song...

23-12-2006
backstage pass

hope to get goldfrapp cd for xmas

[sanned by me]

24-12-2006
backstage pass

i get into these moods when only godfrapp will do

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alison, goldfrapp