How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-01-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi evert
I recommend 'antics.' it's more bouncy than 'bright lights.'
you're like one of very few that would recommend 'antics' over 'turn on the bright lights.'

10-01-2005
V.I.P.

blonde redhead is supporting them.

iwillsurpriseyousometimeI'llcomearoundwhenyou'redo wn:p

10-01-2005
no photos, no photos

OOOH! thx MP. I'm going to try to make it for that!

10-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof
blonde redhead is supporting them.

iwillsurpriseyousometimeI'llcomearoundwhenyou'redo wn:p
No frggin way!!! Not too happy abaout that since Blonde Redhead is much much better!!! But not as commercially successful, so I guess thats why. I understand why they opened for Rage but Interpol???

I like Interpol anyway... though when they opened for the Cure they did not impress me. They just like didn't compare to the Cure at all!!! I will go to the show just to see Blonde Redhead again.

10-01-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyt
No frggin way!!! Not too happy abaout that since Blonde Redhead is much much better!!! But not as commercially successful, so I guess thats why. I understand why they opened for Rage but Interpol???

I like Interpol anyway... though when they opened for the Cure they did not impress me. They just like didn't compare to the Cure at all!!! I will go to the show just to see Blonde Redhead again.
pretty girls make graves have opened for bands of a lesser calibre than themselves.

though, blonde redhead doesn't come close to having the mass appeal of interpol.

10-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sars
pretty girls make graves have opened for bands of a lesser calibre than themselves.

though, blonde redhead doesn't come close to having the mass appeal of interpol.
Oh yeah, like when PGMG opened for Alkaline trio? hahaha I like PGMG a lot too. No, you're right though Blonde Redhead does not appeal to enough people for them to be as popular as Interpol. I guess I just don't like to see a band open for a band I think they are better than. But I'm sure not everyone agrees with me that BR is better, and it is good that maybe some more people will get in to them that wouldn't have come across them otherwise.

10-01-2005
tfs star

60s
well jimi hendrix opened for the monkees...

actually thousands of superior bands have taken the opening slot on a more popular band's tour. its one way to expand your audience.

11-01-2005
V.I.P.

...and dont forget once upon a time Radiohead opened for Alanis Morrisette

hmm, I just hope their audience doesnt expand too much ..I mean, I dont want to thrive on elitism or such but *ahem* most of these kids will take BRH as the cool band just because they're opening for Interpol..and well..it would be better if we were surrounded by more honest fans that actually appreciate their music since they've been around much longer than Interpol and it's really annoying that they're getting known only because of them..if that makes sense

15-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
...and dont forget once upon a time Radiohead opened for Alanis Morrisette

hmm, I just hope their audience doesnt expand too much ..I mean, I dont want to thrive on elitism or such but *ahem* most of these kids will take BRH as the cool band just because they're opening for Interpol..and well..it would be better if we were surrounded by more honest fans that actually appreciate their music since they've been around much longer than Interpol and it's really annoying that they're getting known only because of them..if that makes sense
Understandable, but I don't really Blonde Redhead are going to be "the next hot thing" just b/c they opened for Interpol. It is not that big of a tour (unless they expand it) and a lot of people don't even pay attention to the opening band anyway if they haven't had any interest in them before. Plus, i have seen BR twice this year, and sorry to say but they are not as impressive live as they are on their records. Oh and that their set is only gonna be a half hour, so not very much time for people to get into it. They will probably play more low key stuff from "Misery is a Butterfly". I would go myself anyway, but they aren't coming to Detroit.

16-01-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyt
Understandable, but I don't really Blonde Redhead are going to be "the next hot thing" just b/c they opened for Interpol. It is not that big of a tour (unless they expand it) and a lot of people don't even pay attention to the opening band anyway if they haven't had any interest in them before. Plus, i have seen BR twice this year, and sorry to say but they are not as impressive live as they are on their records. Oh and that their set is only gonna be a half hour, so not very much time for people to get into it. They will probably play more low key stuff from "Misery is a Butterfly". I would go myself anyway, but they aren't coming to Detroit.
hmm, I didnt know it was a small tour but since people went crazy for the Secret Machines and curiously, for Bloc Party as well, it wouldnt surprise me if everyone starts loving BRH because of Interpol.

yes, I heard bad reviews about their shows with this Misery IAB tour, my exboyfriend saw them in Paris last summer and he was really disappointed..I've only seen them once, three years ago with the Mars Volta and they were awesome, they played my favorite song and everything so it's kinda hard for me to think they're gonna suck. we'll see i guess.

rising star

Bloc Party is the new hot.

16-01-2005
tfs star

new & hot
yes bloc party is major for 2005.

secret machines have been rocking nyc clubs for several years. I like them more than interpol live.

also look for : moving units- autolux- the bravery- the adored-

more recommendations soon-

17-01-2005
V.I.P.

i'm not too fond of the secret machines, i missed their set but I've been told they were terrible..I also heard the show on the radio and they did sound terrible

i have heard the bravery and I saw moving units at coachella but i wasnt too impressed.

just to get back on topic: Interpol will be on letterman tomorrow night.

rising star

Quote:
i'm not too fond of the secret machines, i missed their set but I've been told they were terrible..I also heard the show on the radio and they did sound terrible

i have heard the bravery and I saw moving units at coachella but i wasnt too impressed.

just to get back on topic: Interpol will be on letterman tomorrow night.
moving units are pretty good. their first [only] ep was strikingly catchy.

the bravery doesn't really catch my fancy. everything i've heard from them sounds the same.

18-01-2005
V.I.P.

oh, actually that first EP is the only one i've got (which is on my playlist right now ), I heard they released a new album or something but I havent been bothered to get it..it's not really my thing I guess.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
interpol