How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-06-2008
rising star

iTunes
So tell me all you tfs-ers...what does your itunes look like? Is it organized or do you have songs that aren't labeled? Do you have single songs that you love or do you just have a bunch of random stuff that you don't listen to? Or do you have full cds?

I just have random songs, and music I really don't listen to. I need to clean it up!

01-07-2008
V.I.P.

my iTunes is very clean. It is all organized.
Does anyone know how I can get songs from my old iPod onto my computer.
My computer broke down, and itunes was wiped off with the songs. But the songs are still on the iPod. It is very confuseing

front row

you can get your music off of your old iPod by browsing it as an external hard drive. the files will be named something like "A3KEF.mp3" and placed in random folders, but all the tags should be intact. in Windows you can search for "A word or phrase in the file" on the iPod drive, so type in the album or artist name and you should find the correct files.

most of my music is tagged and organized but iTunes Cover Flow always has problems. it separates compilations into a bunch of different "albums" even though the files are all in the same folder with the same album tag. to solve this i have to enter a new tag, "Album Artist," for each comp ... or check the "Part of a Compilation" box. This is very time-consuming given the size of my collection, and even when i fix it, the covers are still separated on my iPod.

i've given up on Cover Flow, and since iTunes takes 2 minutes to load i only use it to transfer music.

09-07-2008
front row

Vogue28 -
You can download a program called Senuti (itunes backwards). Hook your ipod up and open the program. You can pick and choose what you want to go back in your itunes folder. Works great and it keeps all the information correct.

10-09-2010
V.I.P.

Is anyone on Ping here? I'm having a hard time finding someone who is , and I'm also having a hard find figuring out what it's there for.. but hey I joined.

front row

My iTunes is a mess (naturally)! I really need to sort everything out but I can never find the time. I have a mixture of complete albums, part-albums and single songs. I have songs that I listen to all of the time and songs that... well... I don't even know how some of those songs ended up in my iTunes library!

tfs star

About Ping, I can't even use it since my computer is apparently too old in make for the new Itunes upgrade and it won't let me use the new iTunes.

I have every song with the right information, especially since most of the music comes from CDS (yes, CDS). Some songs are random downloads though from things like Urban Outfitters when they have free songs. I should probably actually listen to them soon to see if I actually like them.

21-09-2010
front row

I haven't had time to try Ping but when I do I'll let everyone know how it is.

21-09-2010
oh! darling

I added She & Him to Ping about a week ago, but I haven't gotten any updates. Seem as if not a lot of bands are on the bang wagon about Ping since I went through the list of artists who have it and it took about 5 minutes.

V.I.P.

I think my itunes is a bit messy..I haven't organized it that well and I have some songs that don't have names or anything which kind su*cks, but luckily most of my itunes music is from CD's I've bought.

backstage pass

I'm an organization freak so almost all files have all the song information (well just title, artist, album, track number, year and genre) filled in, completed with album artwork, and have lyrics if they are not instrumental. I only listen to about 1/3 of 2567 songs in the library though.

23-09-2010
oh! darling

Quote:
well just title, artist, album, track number, year and genre
Same all! Except for the lyrics part. But mine is totally and 100% organized.

OCD

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
Same all! Except for the lyrics part. But mine is totally and 100% organized.

OCD
you wanna OCD at my place??

oh! darling

I'm down. Maybe we can figure out all the BPMs for our songs too!

V.I.P.

I'll make you dinner
I have so much more control on my pictures..or so I'm hoping.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
itunes