Kathleen Hanna of Bikini Kill, Le Tigre, Julie Ruin - the Fashion Spot
How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Kathleen Hanna of Bikini Kill, Le Tigre, Julie Ruin
I recently rewatched the documentary That Punk Singer, about the riot grrrl movement pioneer in the 90s, Kathleen Hanna. She is totally my girl-crush right now. I know I am late to the party, I did listen to a little bit of Le Tigre way back when and I knew she was pretty prolific in the music community but other than her radical feminist views that were pretty demonized I only knew a couple songs so I was thinking I would not be interested when I was a kid in the 90's and since the internet came later I could only find out later after the fact. I think maybe now that I'm a little older I can truly appreciate all the work she has done - anyone else love her? I am seriously surprised there wasn't a single thread dedicated to her on here. She had some serious style and definitely had some influence over the fashion that went on in the late 90s/early 2000's.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

bikini, hanna, julie, kathleen, kill, le, ruin, tigre