How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-03-2012
scenester

Not Plain Jane, I'm Set Free is one of my favorite b-sides. Seriously when Alison sings "What in the world has happened to me" I've got chills down my spine. I love the guitar solo in the middle, there's so much nostalgia, despair, bitterness, call it what you want, but it really strikes a chord with me. It's a shame this song is not more well known.

31-03-2012
V.I.P.

Members of The Kills and The Drums to guest appear on Mark Ronson's new ballet per NME. Link follows:

http://www.nme.com/news/mark-ronson/62981

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
06-08-2012
scenester

henrywagons instagram

19-03-2013
front row

are both of them still vegans? it's really hard to be a vegetarian not to mention a vegan. i try to quit milk and eggs, but can't last it for 3 days. there was a rumor that Steve Jobs was a vegan but his biography confirms he did eat fish.

Last edited by RNA girl; 19-03-2013 at 01:55 AM.
19-03-2013
tfs star

i think jamie isn't anymore. when he first met kate, she made him a bacon sandwich and he couldn't resist eating it. as for alison, i don't know.

19-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
i think jamie isn't anymore. when he first met kate, she made him a bacon sandwich and he couldn't resist eating it. as for alison, i don't know.
tks for the info. maybe kate made alison a bacon pasta and she couldn't resist either. :p i find it interesting that Kate's friends are mostly vegetarians like stella mccartney, sadie frost, jamie (was) and alison. however they can't persuade her to quit meat but instead kate entices her hubby to eat it . she's such a devil.

19-03-2013
tfs star

looked it up again, i knew i read something about that recently:

Quote:
We’re sitting in a café on the Essex Road called Meat People, which strikes me as ironic given The Kills are vegans. ‘Not any more, we’re not,’ says Alison. ‘I was vegan for about 20 years,’ says Jamie slowly. ‘But then… the thing that really tipped me over the edge was when I first met Kate, had just started seeing her, and I walked into the kitchen and she was in her underwear making me a bacon sandwich. She didn't know I was vegan, and I was like… all my principles went out of the window.’ He smiles sheepishly. ‘Or my priorities went right.’
http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/...p-8001541.html

19-03-2013
front row

atlantis, tks for the info.

28-09-2013
fashion elite

they are recording new album and will have some shows in USA this December

Last edited by MayaStar; 28-09-2013 at 12:44 PM.
10-04-2014
V.I.P.

Alison for Equipment (with her bro):

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
10-04-2014
V.I.P.

Sweet albeit older video:

10-04-2014
V.I.P.

A more recent on they did for the TATE:

26-06-2014
V.I.P.

Interview April 2009
"Legends"
Model/Star: Alison Mosshart
Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Stylist: Panos Yiapanis
Hair: Luke Hersheson
Makeup: Sally Branka
Manicure: Sophy Robson

interviewmagazine.com

27-06-2014
V.I.P.

I think these 2 should just get married already!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kills