How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-07-2010
windowshopping

^ I absolutely agree with you on Jared, hope he keeps this up! Just take a look at this, amazing.

talihina.tumblr.com

22-07-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria View Post
post #142

Matt & Johanna looks so adorable together and if Nathan & Jess will ever have babies, that baby would have such a cool parents.

What is Johanna´s twitter account? she seems to be such a sweet person. I have never heard or read anything bad about her.
Johanna's twitter

She actually keeps changing her twitter because she gets so much hate from Matt's fans. It's quite pathetic. They accuse her of being a rockstar groupie and having no life of her own (which is funny because even if she doesn't have a job she has a university degree and is a really good writer), but I guess that's just jealousy.

I totally agree about Jared, he's looking amazing at the moment. So buff and manly
But my heart still belongs to Caleb

22-07-2010
windowshopping

Just found this interview with Caleb and Nathan. Don't think it's been posted before..
http://vimeo.com/11741860

22-07-2010
windowshopping

Immortals at the Hollywood Bowl. Not the best quality, but you can hear the song pretty well. Can't wait for the album to come out!
http://vimeo.com/13557800

And here's Radioactive from Saratoga, which I posted earlier and got removed. But now it's back!
http://vimeo.com/13392799

22-07-2010
windowshopping

Some more photos from the Hollywood Bowl.

laweekly.com

Last edited by SeverineLeClaire; 22-07-2010 at 07:53 PM.
23-07-2010
backstage pass

What fine men

23-07-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
originally posted by Psylocke

She actually keeps changing her twitter because she gets so much hate from Matt's fans. It's quite pathetic. They accuse her of being a rockstar groupie and having no life of her own (which is funny because even if she doesn't have a job she has a university degree and is a really good writer), but I guess that's just jealousy.

What? I don´t get that hate...she and matt have been together very long time? I bet those fans do not even know what groupie means

V.I.P.

^I guess it's because she dated Alex Turner before. But Lily used to date another musician before too, so that would make her a groupie also. Oh well, I won't ever understand the hatred towards rockstar girlfriends anyway. I think the KOL girls are all super sweet and gorgeous.

Thanks, SeverineLeClaire, for the links and pictures!

24-07-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
So sorry St. Louis. We had to bail, pigeons ****ting in jareds mouth and it was too unsanitary to continue. FULL REFUNDS 4 ALL. SO SORRY.
about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Don't take it out on Jared, it's the ****ing venues fault. You may enjoy being **** on but we don't. Sorry for all who traveled many miles.
about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone
twitter.doctorfollowill

That's easily the oddest thing I've heard all week. So gross

24-07-2010
fashion insider

Disgraceful behaviour by the Kings.

24-07-2010
windowshopping

Kind of out of the blue, but does anybody know Alisa's birthday?

27-07-2010
V.I.P.

Pigeon-Gate is everywhere!
I can't believe this is getting so much media attention, it's quite funny.

Here's one of the better articles talking about how gross this whole thing must have been.

Quote:
The Stills offer their side of Kings of Leon pigeon-gate

Montreal indie rockers, who opened last week's ill-fated concert, speak out after headliners Kings of Leon were chased off stage by incontinent pigeons

The Stills, one of the opening bands from last week's ill-fated, excrement-caked Kings of Leon concert, have gone public in a war against pigeons and the arenas that house them. "The venue ****ed up big time," according to bassist Oliver Crowe. "It was really ****ty."

According to Crowe, pigeons are a blight on touring bands and large venues, a hidden menace lurking in the rafters. Many arenas apparently have special teams and equipment dedicated to the cooing pests. "At the [First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre] in Chicago ... they take high-powered hoses [to clear the birds]," Crowe said. "Other venues call in a hawk guy to chase them away. If you run a venue and there's that much money at stake, you should really do that – it's not that expensive."

Crowe described the concert to Toronto's Eye magazine, presenting what it dubbed a "plop-by-plop account" of the avian air raid. "During our second song ... I felt something like an air conditioner drop, or like little droplets of water spray on my face," he recalled. "The carpet onstage was black, and I noticed 10 to 13 brown spots on it and I started worrying – but I figured, if a bird had ****, it won't happen again, so I'm fine."

"About two to three songs later, I bent over to do, like, a shoegazer move, and I felt something very substantial on the back of my head and down my back and, for the rest of the show I was extremely paranoid and constantly looking up. I couldn't stand in front of my monitors or in front of my bass cab. It was also 100 degrees, so I couldn't take advantage of the stage fans." "

Crowe said he warned Kings of Leon bassist Jared Followill about the rooftop critics, but "because of how [their] stage is built, you couldn't move Jared over: there's too many things – like metal grids and pyro. He had to just stand there." Followill fled the stage after pigeon-do landed in his mouth. "We played 45 minutes and the Kings played three songs, so we've dubbed [their concert] the best Stills encore ever," Crowe said. "Thank God the **** didn't hit the fans."

* guardian.co.uk © Guardian News and Media Limited 2010
and another one from NME:

Quote:
Pigeon-Gate – Why Kings Of Leon Were Right To Abandon Their Gig
By Daniel Balk

Posted on 07/27/10 at 11:41:22 am

Kings Of Leon abandoned a gig at the weekend (July 23) after being beset by pigeon droppings. Here, Daniel Balk of support band The Postelles defends the band’s actions

The first clue we had that something was not quite right was when we were sound-checking. Our drummer Billy was setting up his drums, and a baby bird fell out of the rafters and died. That kind of thing doesn’t usually happen. It freaked us out.

Then when we went on, the scale of the problem became obvious. Pigeons were ****ting everywhere. Our bass player John had to clean his amp because it got totally smashed with this stuff. He spent the whole gig ducking, trying to get out of the way of the droppings. Fortunately he’s quick on his toes.

Footage of the incident. You can see Caleb wipe his face at the end

continued...

The problem was made even worse by the heat – it was 110 degrees out there, so you can imagine how unpleasant it was.

After we played we went out to the mixing desk, in amongst the crowd, to watch Kings Of Leon – but at that point the birds just started going even more crazy. After three songs the band quit the stage and 15,000 people were left wondering what was going on. It was a little scary, to be honest. There was a lot of anger.

But I can totally understand why the band did what they did. You simply could not play in those conditions. And it’s potentially dangerous: you get bird **** in your mouth, you’re gonna need medical attention.

This is not something Kings Of Leon would have done lightly. They’re great guys, very humble, and I’m sure they’ll come back and repay their fans. They’re an amazing rock and roll band. They just didn’t want to get hurt.

As for us, we’re just happy to be a part of this strange little footnote in rock history. It’s pretty amazing how much attention this story has got. It’s pretty hilarious I guess, and certainly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I hope so, anyway.

NME.COM blogs contain the opinions of the individual writer and not necessarily those of NME magazine or NME.COM.

27-07-2010
windowshopping

At the First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre.

chicagonow.com

28-07-2010
backstage pass

Wow Matt's hair is so curly! Love Jared's shirt

Thanks for posting

01-08-2010
V.I.P.

How are they live?
I did hear that they are good but that Caleb can be little...arrogant.
Any true??

Matt´s hair <3

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, kings, leon