How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-08-2006
V.I.P.

I love thier music a LOT. But I've never seen them - Boho Babe thank you for posting pics.... they are cuties

15-08-2006
Cinematic Vision

^
Your most welcome!
We'll probably get some new pictures if they're doing the festival thing..

15-08-2006
scenester

They have some nice songs, definitely. But they are so overplayed here in the UK...I'm getting tired of them already. Plus: They seem/sound quite childish...how old are they?

15-08-2006
trendsetter

to me the kooks are everything thats wrong with music at the moment. it's bland and meaningless. the record companys push bands like this for exactly those reasons. the can market them to little kids who think theyre geting 'real' music (whatever that is) without their parents (who actualy pay for the records) getting offended by whats being said in them.

15-08-2006
V.I.P.

^the sad thing is that the indie business is becoming fashionable and overloaded as the mainstreaming one.

15-08-2006
Cinematic Vision

To you they may be bland and meaningless but clearly not everyone is of the same opinion. They're certainly not my fav. band and yes, they've been overplayed in the UK but Who cares? If people enjoy listening to the music, and it put's a smile on their face then surely thats what its about?

And perhaps soon, they'll be the same 'taboo' about Indie music as their is with Pop?

15-08-2006
trendsetter

of course the fact that people enjoy the music and it puts a smile on their face is important. i just don't like the way we have this rubbish forced down our throats, especaly at the expence of other (in my opinion) more worthy music. for the most part if a single is going to get to number 1 it will enter the charts at number 1. this wasn't always the case. a record would work its way up the charts thrugh word of mouth and gradualy increaseing airplay. thease days without the backing of a majour label to make shure they get apperices on kids tv and play on comercal radio a record stands little chance. for me, the kooks are just the apitemy of this. the only reason the lables are pushing acts like the kooks rather than for example the backstreet boys, as they would have ten years ago is that yes, there is a stigma attatched to manafactured pop thease days.

16-08-2006
follow the lights

Oh I love 'Seaside'

06-10-2006
V.I.P.

from babyshambles.net

Janie Jones single for Strummerville - 06 October 2006</SPAN>

Babyshambles and friends have recorded a cover of The Clash's "Janie Jones" for the Strummerville charity (www.strummerville.com) to be released by B-Unique Records October 30th on CD and 7".

The single features an amazing cast of 22 artists (in alphabetical oder): Babyshambles, Cazals, Dirty Pretty Things, Goodbooks, Guillemots, The Holloways, Jack Penate, Jamie T, Jeremy Warmsley, Kid Harpoon, The Kooks, Ladyfuzz, Larrikin Love, Laura Marling, Light Speed Champ, Lisa Moorish, Macabees, Mystery Jets, Noisettes, The Paddingtons, The Rakes, We Are Scientists.

The 7" single includes a remix of "Janie Jones (Strummerville)" produced by Statik and features Lethal Bizzle, JME, No Mind and Talk Taxis.

Following the untimely passing of Joe Strummer his friends and family set up the Strummerville charity as a foundation for the production of new music. The main aim of the charity is to provide rehearsal space and studio time to individuals, groups and organisations to enable the productions of music by creative people who would otherwise not have the necessary funds to do so.

Meg
inspired contemplation

I think the main singer is so cute. But I just cannot picture him and Katie Melua together. They look too alike.

06-10-2006
fashion icon

I didnt know they were together..

06-10-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

They used to date. Apparently She Moves In Her Own Way and Ooh-La are about her but thats just a rumor, not confirmed in any way

06-10-2006
fashion icon

oh! I never knew that! cool, thanks for the info

06-10-2006
V.I.P.

I heard that every single Kooks's groupie has to be blonde... it's a weird thing but it seems they only like blonde girls

06-10-2006
V.I.P.

okay...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kooks