How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-09-2013
front row

according to some facebook groups, tomorrow ( september 30th)

30-09-2013
V.I.P.

Hope it's true, it's been a loooong time since Summertime Sadness

30-09-2013
V.I.P.

it seems not

Quote:
Lana Del Rey to release 'farewell project' Tropico online today?
Singer's rep denies date leaked by make-up artist

Lana Del Rey is believed to be premiering her long-awaited Tropico short film today, after a tweet from the star's make-up artist leaked details of the release.
Ashley Joybeck spilled the news on her Twitter account, sharing a promotional image for the film and writing: "The musical shortfilm I did makeup for with Lana Del Rey is coming out soon!!!!" The image she shared had today's date (30 September, 2013). See the image above.
In August of this year, Lana Del Rey revealed she hoped Tropico would be released 'next month' (ie, September), but an official statement from her spokesperson claims: "We have not yet set a release date yet."
The star previously described the film as her 'farewell project', leading fans to believe the Born To Die star will be taking a break from music after only one album.
"Look forward to to seeing you for the farewell project," the singer tweeted. "I adore you and thank you for inspiring me. TROPICO."

Lana Del Rey refused to confirm or deny whether she was planning to retire when asked in August 2013, after she was quizzed by fans as she attended a Courtney Love gig in Los Angeles.
"Am I going to retire?" she said, before letting out a murmur that sounded a little bit like 'I don't know'.
The 30-minute short film will include new music from the singer’s Paradise EP, including the tracks ‘Bel Air’, ‘Gods & Monsters’ and ‘Body Electric’.
gigwise.com

01-10-2013
backstage pass

She retires? What?!

V.I.P.

^ She's been saying that since forever, but I think, not even she is sure about it. Though, it must be very frustrating that someone hacked your stuff and leaked the unreleased songs you've been writting and producing for years, specially the ones you planned to use for future albums. Considering that, I think she has the right to be mad and not want to continue in such an insecure industry.

... but I really hope she reconsiders it and finds a trustworthy team that makes her feel safe with her creativity! I don't want her to quit any time soon!

01-10-2013
front row

I have read, I dont remember where, that she will have a break of 6 months and then she will continue. I really hope she doesn't quit

15-10-2013
backstage pass

So where is that video?

front row

Lana is Nylon´s november cover. I cannot find the interview

Quote:
Lana Del Rey scored one of the season's surprise hits with her melancholic Born To Die anthem, "Summertime Sadness" (counterintuitively spun into a standard EDM remix by Cédric Gervais). But, unlike most celebrities, she didn't milk her moment in the sun. Instead, she went into stealth mode, enjoying her summer months largely under the public's radar. While the enigmatic artist has spent weeks in creative incubation, LDR fans have been desperate to know what's next on their heroine's horizon. After all, there have been murmurs of everything — from to a new, "organic" album, to film roles, to even...retirement. Say it ain't so!

Perhaps the chanteuse herself will shed light on the mysteries. She made a rare media appearance for Nylon's November cover story, "At Home With Pop's Biggest Enigma." Hopefully, we'll get closer to the truth on those burning questions — like when "Tropico," her much anticipated short film, will finally be released and if it really is a "farewell project." Then again, this is Lana we're dealing with, and there's a much better chance she'll simply respond to any queries in the form of an esoteric riddle. Keep pop culture on its toes, girl! Someone has to.

P.S. Kudos to whoever decided Lana should embody the brooding elegance of The Crow era for this shoot. That choker? An A+ alone. (Nylon)
source: refinery29.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nylon.jpg (141.2 KB, 9 views)

29-10-2013
old-fashioned

Nylon November 2013
Ph: Marvin Scott Jarrett

Quote:
“This fall, the singer stars in a film of her own, Tropico, a short directed by Anthony Mandler. Meanwhile, demos from her hacked email accounts continue to surface online, including at least one she’d stated for her next full-length, tentatively scheduled for 2014.”

The couple have been recording some ’70s-style rock with producer Jonathan Wilson in Silver Lake for fun, but Del Rey characterizes her next release as a work-in-progress, done on her own terms and timetable. “When people ask me about it, I just have to be honest – I really don’t know,” she admits. “I don’t want to say, ‘Yeah, definitely the next one’s better than this one,’ because I don’t really hear a next one. My muse is very fickle. She only comes to me something, which is annoying.”

“When ‘Black Beauty’ got leaked, I was a little bit discouraged, because I usually focus an entire record around one song, or one phrase, or one title, like… ‘Black Beauty,‘” she says. In a time of contrived viral videos and choreographed twerking, the incident feels legitimately unplanned, unfortunate, and unspinnable. The leak didn’t completely crush her creativity, “but it didn’t help,” she says.”
lanadelreyfan

Last edited by *ana*; 29-10-2013 at 08:35 PM.
02-11-2013
V.I.P.

Lana Del Rey turned up at the Nylon Magazine Celebration of America The Issue on Friday;November 2013

dailymail.co.uk

tfs star

wow, that's bad, this is her party.

Last edited by lunabella; 02-11-2013 at 11:32 AM.
02-11-2013
tfs star

ohmygod, that is SO brenda walsh, i can'tttttt.
it's AMAZING.

02-11-2013
old-fashioned

She looked so pretty! I LOVE the outfit (but hate the shoes).

facebook/lanadelreyfan

old-fashioned

Just watched the livestream of her show in São Paulo (Brazil) and it was f*cking amazing. Seriously

facebook/LanaDelReyBrasil

old-fashioned

Here's the whole thing:

Cola
Body Electric
Blue Jeans
Born to Die
Dark Paradise
Young and Beautiful
American
Without You
Knockin' on Heaven's Door