How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-10-2011
old-fashioned

She definitely has to work a little more her live vocals, especially the changes of tone. I think she's nervous though... Maybe she's still getting used to all the exposure and the bigger public (and obviously all the critics). Because it's not like Katy Perry, who seems totally comfortable with the stage but can't sing at all; you can tell Lana has pontential.

Some of her influences seem to be similar to Amy Winehouse's, lyrics-wise... this kind hopeless love story theme. And at the same time there are those "sillier"/sassier songs like Kinda Outta Luck and Lolyta. I love both the styles.

13-10-2011
V.I.P.

I totally agree she looks very nervous and kinda insecure , but still if she does not work on her security it could be bad for her at this moment that she's finally getting the attention she so wanted, I feel like the past experiences had left her like scared and uneasy to believe that she's suddenly gaining and gaining attention
So she needs to start acting like the bad secure rebel girl she claims to be , cause I do want to see more from her , hope she gets big

13-10-2011
i'm almost ready..

There's something I just don't buy about this girl and all the hype. manufactured indeed. and her whole 'I haven't changed anything - people are just suddenly taking notice and it's freaking me out' shtik just doesn't seem right. There's something really false about the whole thing.

Shame really, because she has an interesting voice and could have potential. I just can't find a single sincere part to her.

14-10-2011
V.I.P.

she is so contrived. i hope people dont fall for this.

i cant believe how her features are so distorted here! ouch!

i think the music industry is so desperate for "new" artists that they will hype anyone....

hipsterrunoff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_lq9a38KXDY1r0lfe2o1_500_0.jpg (62.7 KB, 25 views)

20-10-2011
V.I.P.

zebule.fr

20-10-2011
V.I.P.

flavor-magazine.com

20-10-2011
V.I.P.

totallyfuzzy.net

20-10-2011
V.I.P.

WoodKid and Lana Del Rey performing "Iron" in New York City (HighLine Ballroom) on Saturday October 15th 2011 (last song of the show) (and the show was the last of the North American tour).

20-10-2011
V.I.P.

lana del rey and woodkid sing duet. Enjoy

20-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
LANA DEL REY is the music name on everyone's lips: her first UK gig sold out in 13 minutes; Christopher Kane and Emilio de la Morena chose her music to accompany their spring/summer 2012 shows; and her debut single, the beautifully haunting Video Games, has already had over two million You Tube hits - despite only being released this week.

"I had no idea about the fashion shows," she told us. "But I think they chose Video Games because it embodies summertime sadness. Fashion is inspired by youth and nostalgia and draws inspiration from the best of the past. I think both the song and the collections touch on the light and the dark side of life."

Perhaps surprisingly given her melancholic sound (described by the singer as "Hollywood sadcore"), American-born Del Rey is inspired by Elvis, Eminem, Frank Sinatra and Diamanda Galas. She admits her rise to musical stardom was almost accidental.

"I was always singing, but didn't plan on pursuing it seriously," she said. "When I got to New York City when I was 18, I started playing in clubs in Brooklyn - I have good friends and devoted fans on the underground scene, but we were playing for each other at that point - and that was it."

With favourite labels including Chanel and Versace, and inspired by Sophia Loren and Johnny Blue Eyes, the 24-year-old has created a very individual look for herself - one she dubs "Ghetto Monégasque". Her bouffant hair, doll-like lashes teamed with blinging gold chains and vintage T-shirts have very much become her trademark. Born Lizzy Grant, the singer knows exactly how she wants to be seen - her chosen stage name another way of reflecting her musical identity.

"I wanted a name I could shape the music towards," she explained. "I was going to Miami quite a lot at the time, speaking a lot of Spanish with my friends from Cuba - Lana Del Rey reminded us of the glamour of the seaside. It sounded gorgeous coming off the tip of the tongue."

Lana Del Rey's first UK gig will take place on November 16 at Scala, London.
http://www.vogue.co.uk/blogs/the-cul...-rey-interview

20-10-2011
V.I.P.

I have the feeling they went for the aesthetics of Lara stone when she was in french vogue with the brown cury hair
offbroadwayboutique.com

Last edited by Kenysha75; 20-10-2011 at 10:49 AM.

20-10-2011
old-fashioned

Thank you for the videos. She sounds much better, I like that she kind of kept the same tone through the whole song this time.
I think that all this story about her father being rich, Lana being linked to the same recording company as Lady Gaga, and the success not being that accidental can definitely be true. To what point all she says is real or is all created is hard to tell, but I love the persona anyway. I love the look, the name, and, most importantly, the music. I just wish she would keep the same "Ghetto Monégasque" look for the shows as well instead of cute dresses, although she does look cute in them.

20-10-2011
V.I.P.

I think she just needs time to embody her new character on stage
Plus theres been so much hype around her lately that people are probably expecting so much from her now its not that easy I guess...

20-10-2011
V.I.P.

i love her

21-10-2011
backstage pass

not gonna lie, i adore video games and blue jeans, but there is just something off about her...i don't know if it's the whole "contrived/manufactured" thing or what, but I find something disingenuous about her....

Last edited by *ana*; 22-10-2011 at 03:29 PM. Reason: off topic

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, del, lana, november, rey, september