How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-08-2005
fashion elite

Latin nuttin but Latin :)
I am a sucker for latin music....i love the beat, the lyrics , everything...so please all latin music fans share your thoughts, new relases , favorite music everything

14-09-2006
windowshopping

Latin American Music
Any suggestions? My collections based on Latin American Dance, and i honestly cant find "The One".. I quite like the Bone Thugs 'Wanna Ride' song from take the lead.. coz its got some latin influence in it. And i like how its quite modern too! Anywyz.. if yu kno any kool stuff.. hit me

14-09-2006
V.I.P.

what kind of music are you looking for exactly? .
there's a wide range of latin american music, from electronica, to folk music, rock, hip-hop...and beyond!.

in the meantime, something that might be of entertainment, Gotan Project- La Viguela.
it's tango mixed with electronica, they were featured in Moulin Rouge [tango scene] and recently appeared in Vogue France mix cd for summer, i think. hope you like them.

101st monkey airborne

I dig Norteño Mexican polka music, myself.

Quote:
Polka, which originated from Bohemia, has also had a significant influence on norteño. Compared side-by-side, some styles of American polka may bear striking resemblance to norteño music. The polka beat is characteristic of norteño. At the turn of the 20th century, Bohemian immigrants flowed into Texas to farm the land and mine coal. Along with them, they brought the accordion and the polka beat. Soon, local bands adopted these elements, and a unique style gradually resulted from a blend with the original Mexican mariachi and ranchera styles. This new style soon became a unique norteño genre, thus named because it was founded north of the Mexican border.
wikipedia

As for typical Latin rhythms, Cuban Son, Colombian Cumbia, and Afro-Peruvian beats are great and diverse. West African singer Angelique Kidjo has an album called Oyaya! which explores the various syncretic rhythms of Caribbean/Latin music, but sang in her native Fon language.

You can't go wrong with Celia Cruz, though, really!

backstage pass

What kind of Funky music are you exactly talking about? alternative? rock? or something like salsa, merengue etc??

17-09-2006
windowshopping

Hay guys! man this is a great start. Yeh, the Gotan Project- I like their music. I found one of their other songs which was on 'Shall We Dance' its called 'Santa Maria'. Its a little slow thou but its basically the kinda thing im after. Music thats not boring but upbeat with latin influence. Pretty much Music that the models can walk to where they have a good beat and not one where the models are charging down the runway or too slow if yu kno what i mean. but hay! thanks guys

btw MulletProof i love ur -take me drunk im home sig. hahahaha

21-09-2006
V.I.P.

thanks.

To be honest, I'm really lost on the subject of Latin American music, my recommendations are very..generic. You have to be enthusiastic enough to dig into the subworlds and skip all the crap on the way...crap like reggaeton, ska, which is very popular unfortunately.
For download, there's Nortec, which is a bit of the genre mellowdrama mentions..mixed with electronica. it's praised by a lot of young people...hit and miss for me but it might fit into the description of music you're looking for.
Babasonicos is pretty good too, their music is quintessentially latin american pop/rock. you might like it..or not.

babasonicos- putita.
babasonicos- rubí.

rising star

you can also try some of paulina rubios music

22-09-2006
V.I.P.

.. .......

windowshopping

gawd im really confused on my own subject too. ahahha sorry.. i just dont kno eh.. modern, latin american mix. fast.? well ive been searching and still searching.. thanks anyywz

03-10-2006
windowshopping

hay guys. Ive finally got a piece of music that I felt happy with. its really great. thanks for all ur help!

i dont know what the name of the song is.. but its sez Techno salsa House.
so its got good rhythmn and its quite playful. lots of purcussion and vocals are in spanish.. yay..just in time, coz its the music is due in tomorow

ciao guys!

22-01-2008
windowshopping

What kind of latin music exactly?, do you mean like the "Salsa". I really prefer the "Son cubano", the salsa is a variation from it and i think it is much better because it haves that great beat, but it is much more chilling.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
american, latin, music