How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-10-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
I like her music even if she is racist.
Uh im not big on racist's even if they are talented...so i hope she's not, because i really can't wait for the fugees new cd I also can't believe tommy hilfiger said that, thank god i'm not a fan of his clothes!

29-10-2005
tfs star

All of those things Lauryn and Tommy supposedly said are just myths.I never heard about Erykah Badu saying anything like that. You really can't believe everything you hear. Some links to these urban legends.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/lauryn.htm

http://www.snopes.com/racial/business/hilfiger.asp

29-10-2005
crossed wires.

Yeah I really can't imagine them ever saying anything like that, and if they even thought it...being stupid enough to say it in public is quite another issue.

I've had miseducation turned up LOUD i love it!!!

windowshopping

Lauryn Hill
Hey guys! So I'm a huge fan of Lauryn Hill and I think she's got a very unique and interesting way of dressing. I luv her style! Here are some recent pics of her - What do you think?

13-11-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

She does indeed have a very distinct style. A lot of 60's influence in her wardrobe, and I can dig.

13-11-2005
windowshopping

Wow I hadn't even noticed that anybody had replied to this I'm glad that so many ppl like her! Have you guys heard about the Fugees tour? If not, check out my site www.LauryNet.com !

13-11-2005
Adorable illusion

I love the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill too. I love Ex-factor.

13-11-2005
turn and face the strange

i love her music, but haven't seen her enough to comment on her style. looking that those pictures, though, it seems really unique and i love it.

13-11-2005
V.I.P.

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is my favourite album of all time, but I have to say I wasn't best pleased that she was over 2 hours late for her show in London earlier this year, and then when she finally did turn up her performance was rubbish.

But all the new fugees material is hot and she sounded great on john legends 'so high' - it makes me wonder why she spent the last few years chatting a load of crap on her guitar that noone understands......

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~stix~*
it makes me wonder why she spent the last few years chatting a load of crap on her guitar that noone understands......
It's a shame you're not more open to her new material. But yes you are right, it was so disrespectful of her to be that late. 2 HOURS! That's crazy.

I'm just curious - Why did you find the London show rubbish?

14-11-2005
windowshopping

Thanks for the replies Yeah I don't think her style is groundbreaking or anything, cause obviously she's very inspired (by 60's fashion for example, like you said Erin), but I really like how she mixes different stuff... Like 60's clothes, African stuff and HipHop gear.

I especially love the cap and big earrings:

14-11-2005
urd
tfs star

I love her style, but not really her music. I have her album though..

14-11-2005
windowshopping

she is one of the most talented artists out there,
I LOVE her!

yeah, i heard the fugees are coming out with another cd! finally!! after, what, 10 years? or so?

14-11-2005
V.I.P.

Any fans? Are you kidding me? This fantastic woman is my newfound obsession!

If she is ever in town I will snatch up a couple of tickets just like that! That is, if they don't sell out faster than Stella McCartney for H&M!

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
15-11-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastry
This fantastic woman is my newfound obsession!
Great! You should most definitely go see her if you get the chance.

@ melville: Yeah it's been like 10 years! I dunno if I'm really that excited about them reuniting, cause it probably means that it's gonna take even longer before Lauryn releases her solo album IF she ever releases it - It's been rumored for a couple of years now, that her next studio album titled Khulami Phase is just about to drop... But nothing ever happens. She's been saying at a couple of shows lately that the album is finished and everything tho'. Anyways, the new Fugees track Take It Easy is out now - I would like to post it for ya, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post MP3s?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hill, lauryn