How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-11-2012
V.I.P.

M83
M83 is a French band that I love very much!

storefrontsticker

Quote:
M83 is a French electronic music band from Antibes, formed in 2001 by Anthony Gonzalez and Nicolas Fromageau. The band is named after the spiral galaxy Messier 83, and its musical aesthetic is influenced by shoegaze in its extensive use of reverb effects and lyrics spoken softly over loud instrumentals, although M83's songs employ considerably less guitar than most shoegaze bands.

Gonzalez and Fromageau parted ways shortly after touring for their second album Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts,[3] with Gonzalez now recording primarily on his own, often with the help of his brother Yann Gonzalez, vocalist/keyboardist Morgan Kibby, and drummer Loïc Maurin.
wikipedia

28-11-2012
V.I.P.

Two of my favs.

Too Late

Sdavid81 via YouTube

Graveyard Girl

m83 via YouTube

28-11-2012
V.I.P.

LOVE M83. I wish people (well, here in the States) would actually check them out and not just listen to Midnight City. So many good music from them. Good music when it was just Anthony and Nicolas, and it's still good music with just Anthony as the main member. Favorite song has to be Don't Save Us From These Flames. So good. Love the Superpitcher remix as well.

V.I.P.

^ I bet no one even knows about M83 here in Hong Kong although Midnight City is the best song of the album Hurry Up, I think the hype is too much. That sing isn't as good as the songs in the band's previous one. I wonder why people love Midnight City that much.
Posted via Mobile Device

30-11-2012
V.I.P.

I never got back into their music after Dead Cities (which I used to play all the time) and they have a song right now that's just hell to my ears.

tfs star

i LOVE M83!!! when i first heard them i did't guess that they're from france. love all of their albums

08-07-2013
tfs star

this is one of my fave M83 song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lAwYodrBr2Q">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lAwYodrBr2Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
m83