How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-05-2005
front row

Marilyn Manson
Hi all, yeah! thats right! The only one real excentric artist in term of style in the music industry. He's always forgotten when we talk about style but this artist's style is just kicking butts...
I'll let you make your mind with the pictures, but I want your opinion on his STYLE, not on his music

INCREDIBLE!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mm4.jpg (20.8 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg mm5.jpg (18.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg mm6.jpg (12.6 KB, 279 views)
File Type: jpg mm7.jpg (99.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg mm9.jpg (19.2 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg MManson_VWestwood05B.jpg (9.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg manson_green.jpg (33.4 KB, 8 views)

10-05-2005
front row

again: ( I dont know why these do not show up.. oh well).
Attached Images
File Type: bmp mm1.bmp (199.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: bmp mm2.bmp (198.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: bmp mm3.bmp (197.4 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Dubuc; 10-05-2005 at 03:39 PM.
10-05-2005
V.I.P.

what style? mariyln wears tux's that he think's will "shock" or "interest" people and some other ugly stuff. theyre more of costumes if anything

backstage pass

no style of his own and he doesn't even copy others well!

10-05-2005
trendsetter

I believe he's very smart, no?

Any pictures WITHOUT his makeup on?

10-05-2005
front row

I love him.

10-05-2005
front row

thats sad...

This guy has his own style.. He the only one true artist... that is, he is wearing this stuff in his normal days and not only for photoshoots.
As for the makeup, he is wearing this also on a regular basis. Its not an image that he his shooting, he's really like that in real life.

If you dont see ''Style'' in what he is wearing, well I am very disapointed.
It doesnt have to be Designer stuff to be stylish....

Little Tiny:''no style of his own''

Wow, I just dont understand you... have you ever seen someone dressed like that in the streets?
Love MArilyn
His makeup is awesome also...

Last edited by Dubuc; 10-05-2005 at 10:38 PM.
10-05-2005
V.I.P.

He has an image yes but is he fashionable? no is he stylish? no. Fashion is not about his type of image. Fashion is about someone who can put together pieces that'll make you want to look at them in admiration and envy mariyln doesn't do that. At least for the majority of people who take an interest in fashion.

windowshopping

Marilyn Manson has no style ???!!!!

he is Style..he is daring, wears unique outfits,mixes shocking pieces with very classic ones, is very dramatic and bold in his choices..his make up is just insanely interesting, he reinvent himself all the time while staying true to a certain line..

Lets add that hes Dita Von Teese's fiance, Dita being one of the most elegant and stylish woman in Hollywood

Look at a Dior Haute couture with all the Huge collars, the clownish make up, the queen mom shoes, the insane silhouettes. the colours..yes..fashion can be that overwhelming..its a form of art..style is not just buying Le Dix bag in every colour..

he is a character and his style goes very well with his discourse.. i love him.. (i dont like his music) and if you take the time to watch an interview with him..he is brilliant!!!!

Just appreciate his outfits..its a show in itself ..im very happy he has a thread!!!

11-05-2005
trendsetter

agreed, of course he has style. im confused by the comments made. but everyone has their own opinion. Nice thread Dubuc

11-05-2005
stories everywhere

...i love his style. so strange. anti-aesthetic meets glamazon for the most part.

aka totally hot.

trendsetter

I found some pictures to add
Attached Images
File Type: bmp mm.bmp (117.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg manson-marilyn-photo-xl-marilyn-manson-6201379.jpg (18.4 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg manson-marilyn-clingfilm-4900184.jpg (6.6 KB, 223 views)

11-05-2005
Proponent of Plaid

I think he has an awesome style. He took the effete edge off of Gothic style with a more heavy-metal/horror approach. He's got that lanky build that can wear anything, and therefore, he uses it to his advantage and wears all kinds of weird clothes, but manages to look pretty darn cool. The makeup, the hair, the freaky contact lense, the bizarre, contorted poses all add up. He makes me think of what would happen if Tim Burton designed a rockstar.

To those people who say he copies others, I ask: who? I mean, yes, the attitude and makeup definitely can be traced back to Alice Cooper and Kiss, but overall, he does his own thing aesthetically. It comes from the general pool of New Wave/New Romantic/Gothic, but it is more tailored, more precise, and because it doesn't rely on the old velvet-and-lace motif, harder and tougher, while sill being quite graceful. A LOT of people copy Marilyn Manson, but only one person is Marilyn Manson.

I'd probably slag him for a poseur if his music didn't kick royal ***, but he has the goods to back up the image. I tend to think of him as a new interpretation of Alice Cooper's old schtik--crazy makeup and outfits, quasi-androgynous at times, heavy, kick-your-eardrums in music. Give the crowds what they want and go home.

His look is very much a part of his whole act, and I think it suits him tremendously.

11-05-2005
fashion icon

He really rocks! A classic in becoming...

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by As You Like It
His look is very much a part of his whole act, and I think it suits him tremendously.
Exactly!
I'M happy some of you see what I see in Marilyn Manson.

Style_savy:''Fashion is about someone who can put together pieces that'll make you want to look at them in admiration and envy mariyln doesn't do that. ''

I think you should revise your definition of Fashion, or at least we dont have the same and I respect your's as well.

krankypants: I was reading your post and it was EXACTLY wath I was thinking. His wife is wounderfull, this guy is brillant and can make his outfit reflect what he REALLY is.
This guy has reinvented Githic style by intergrating fashionable stuff in the style.
You can see a whole inspiration of the old gothic style in him for sure ( the drama, the white makeup) but he adds new and brilliant stuff to it like flashing colors, matching the outfit's colors with the makeup ( tie, eyes). bringing fashionable hairstyle that perfectly matchs his outfit and the tone he is trying to show.

I could talk about his style for soo long

Thanx for the good comments guys! And I respect others opinions also , so if you disagree, feel free to share

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
manson, marilyn