How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-10-2007
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by maitai View Post
i really like 'rubber ring' but i haven't found it on one of their cds yet... does someone know where i can find it? i only listen to it on youtube.. but i'm desperatly searching for a cd!
It's on "The world won't listen" (B-side compilation album). A B-side for "The boy with the thorn in his side"

There's also a live version on the album "Rank"

Last edited by Girl Afraid; 05-10-2007 at 12:58 PM.

02-11-2007
trendsetter

Cygne noir, thanks for the story! Lol at the 'bigger'; he has a bit of gut and I wasn't expecting that. The NY shows were good. I liked Friday the best, Life is a Pigsty was INCREDIBLE. David Johansen was there on Sunday, as was reportedly Moz's sister and nephew from the Suedehead video on Fri. in my section in the mez. Didn't notice them though!

He's thrown mainly Gucci, Prada, and D&G.

He wears Comme des Garcons Avignon. LOL I was right in front of him and I kept smelling CdG and wondering who had such refined taste. Duh, it was the Mozza.

I do find him arrogant as well, but when put in context w/the rest of his life its understandable. I can forgive him almost anything because of those lyrics. Although I am somewhat upset over ticket prices; $65 to 20? Sorry Moz, whatever happened to working class solidarity? (I just say this because everyone does; but frankly I don't think Morrissey has ever been strongly working class. He drives a Jaguar!)

The Smiths & Morrissey; those songs really were the only true friends I've had!!!
I bought all the Smiths cds from Amazon for 3-5 dollars each, brand new about 5/6 yrs ago. I have no idea why they priced them so low.

Last edited by lollicandy; 02-11-2007 at 03:42 AM.
02-11-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maitai View Post
i really like 'rubber ring' but i haven't found it on one of their cds yet... does someone know where i can find it? i only listen to it on youtube.. but i'm desperatly searching for a cd!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Afraid View Post
It's on "The world won't listen" (B-side compilation album). A B-side for "The boy with the thorn in his side"

There's also a live version on the album "Rank"

It's also on 'Louder Than Bombs'

Which I can recommend; Track Listing

Get it:p

02-11-2007
This is the Renaissance

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollicandy View Post
Cygne noir, thanks for the story! Lol at the 'bigger'; he has a bit of gut and I wasn't expecting that. The NY shows were good. I liked Friday the best, Life is a Pigsty was INCREDIBLE. David Johansen was there on Sunday, as was reportedly Moz's sister and nephew from the Suedehead video on Fri. in my section in the mez. Didn't notice them though!.
I read somewhere that (UK comedian) Russell Brand was there too. He's apparently working on a Mozzy documentary. I would soooo love to see that.

Quote:
I do find him arrogant as well, but when put in context w/the rest of his life its understandable. I can forgive him almost anything because of those lyrics. Although I am somewhat upset over ticket prices; $65 to 20? Sorry Moz, whatever happened to working class solidarity? (I just say this because everyone does; but frankly I don't think Morrissey has ever been strongly working class. He drives a Jaguar!)
To me that doesn't seem like much compared to other acts. It's quite expensive to tour with that many musicians, crew, equipment, staging. I bet he's kept it as low as possible. Of course, I could be very wrong, but when other acts are charging $150 in NYC, it seems quite reasonable.

02-11-2007
trendsetter

^ Oh really!!!! Arghh!! I didn't see him there, I never see anyone famous.

I never got around to making that Russell Brand thread by the way. I should get on that! I do know his cat is named Morrissey. Morrissey (the human) also performed last Dec. on his show with Courtney Love. He called Russell 'dear boy.' Lol. I so want to see this doc.

I wanted to see 'Who put the M in Manchester' when it was in the theaters but no one wanted to see it with me...sigh.

I guess its reasonable when considering his reputation as an icon, but he didn't even sell out Hammerstein on Sunday, and there were plenty of tickets after the pre-sale about a month earlier. My issue isn't so much the $65 as the fact that they dropped the tickets to 45 with a password and then 20 bucks with none! I don't think thats a very fair price for a ticket if you bought during the pre-sale and it dropped price twice and all the way down to 20. And don't forget all of the surcharges, 65 was more like 85.

And considering Kristeen Young was fired from the tour he just saved himself a bunch of $.

Last edited by lollicandy; 02-11-2007 at 02:02 PM.
02-11-2007
This is the Renaissance

Yeah, I remember the discussion of the Russell Brand thread. But doesn't he wear the same clothes everyday? :p

I always thought Kristeen deserved her own thread - that girl has style. Too bad there aren't more pictures of her around. I always wondered if she made/designed her own clothes or if Moz bought them for her!

09-11-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollicandy View Post
Cygne noir, thanks for the story! Lol at the 'bigger'; he has a bit of gut and I wasn't expecting that. The NY shows were good. I liked Friday the best, Life is a Pigsty was INCREDIBLE. David Johansen was there on Sunday, as was reportedly Moz's sister and nephew from the Suedehead video on Fri. in my section in the mez. Didn't notice them though!

He's thrown mainly Gucci, Prada, and D&G.
and YSL on the Ringleader of the tormentors tour

Last edited by leda; 09-11-2007 at 08:55 PM.
12-11-2007
fashion elite

Apparently he fired that Kristeen chick from his tour.

good, she was awful. Made my ears bleed.

25-03-2008
trendsetter

AAH, I LOVE THE SMITHS!

Favorite songs:
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore (so underrated)
Some Girls are Bigger Than Others
Stop Me
There is a Light That Never Goes Out
Ask
William, It was Really Nothing
This Charming Man
Hand in Glove
Panic

25-03-2008
Stitch:the Hand

bigger gut and all....morrissey is still beautiful as hell.

'last night i dreamt somebody loved me'....song that makes me cry.

27-03-2008
tfs star

^That song gets to me too. His songs are so sad but so so beautiful

fashion elite

I need to get the new album...even if its a "Best Of"...and even though he has like three "Best Of"s

But this one has two new songs on it I think.

28-03-2008
earthbound

I was really happy when I heard 'This Charming Man' at the finale of Alexander McQueen's show.

28-03-2008
Stitch:the Hand

zowie and brian from boudicca often use the smiths at their shows and presentations. if you go to youtube and look at the boudicca page,they have a show from aw 99 with last night.... utterly beautiful contrast with that collection.

under the username boudicca13

Last edited by Scott; 28-03-2008 at 10:44 PM.

29-03-2008
windowshopping

when he sang "the boy with the thorn in his side" this past autumn i was trans-ported

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
morrissey, smiths