How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-10-2009
V.I.P.

Oh God don't even kid about that.

04-11-2009
goodbye kiss

Grunge - the photography of Michael Lavine

Nirvana in 1991. "For my book I deliberately chose pictures of Kurt looking positive, because he wasn't always miserable, despite what people assume. He had a great sense of humour and he laughed a lot. It was from this session that the 'Nevermind' photos came."

Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love, shot in Lavine's Bleeker Street studio, 1992. "I believe this was the only joint photo session they ever did," says Lavine. "I love these shots, they're so intimate. They were in love, and you can tell."

nme.com

04-11-2009
V.I.P.

That first picture is awesome

04-11-2009
!

they had a feature about Nirvana in my morning paper today. it was the 20 year anniversary of Bleach, their debut album.There was a picture of Chas,Jason,Krist and Kurt in a Boston house in 1989.

06-12-2009
V.I.P.

i cried like a baby last nite after watching documentary about kurt.... he was something so special... i wanted to ask sth. i read a year ago that his case will be reopened since the police actually some PI found bunch of new evidence... did someone here hear sth about it?
off topic, but i found it weirdd that my fav musicians prefer cats...like kurt, damon and pete

09-12-2009
trendsetter

MissAtLaPlaya wrote about Kurt's style on her blog...She describes exactly how I feel about it, and him (well except for the not a fan of Nirvana part, of course):

Quote:
I wouldn't call myself a fan of Nirvana, but the personality of Kurt Cobain has always interested me. He was probably a very rich person, in terms of character. His style was, in my opinion, one of the purest we've ever seen. He wasn't influenced by trends, he wasn't influenced by anything.
She also posted a ton of pics of him with it. I'm afraid most are reposts, but you can find them here. She makes a interesting point about his sunglasses near the end.

fashion insider

A was such a big fan that when I was younger i was always sleeping in Tshirt with Kurt's picture on.

22-12-2009
Riot Bug

Nirvana - Dive

trendsetter

It's odd this hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet, but Kurt is on Guitar Hero 5. You can unlock him, and play him on any song. It's annoying to see him singing You Give Love A Bad Name. Makes me want to gag. There are articles by the Rolling Stone on it here. I guess Courtney Love gave them the rights.

Having their songs in Guitar Hero and Rockband is fine, but this is too much. This is why I prefer Rock Band.

V.I.P.

I can't believe it's been 17 years since his death today Time flies.

05-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfreya View Post
I can't believe it's been 17 years since his death today Time flies.
i know.... cant stop thinking about it whole day.... i was downtown with my friends all morning and we were like 'there should be a street in every city with his name'....

hope he found his peace.

05-04-2011
V.I.P.

^beautiful post mj

07-04-2011
V.I.P.

thank you sweetie.

anyway, in case you didn't see this, its kind of funny. the baby is all grown up

smedia.rs

02-05-2012
V.I.P.

Did y'all know Eric Erlandson (formerly of Hole) has written a memoir addressed to Kurt?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-kurt-20120408

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
02-05-2012
V.I.P.

I think we shouldn't cry over Kurt. The guy was strong. He decided now is my time and he went off... So be it. We should celebrate the genius he left us. Oui?

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
nirvana