How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-08-2013
Stitch:the Hand

new track for the charity reprieve which is working to free british citizens who have ultimately been found not guilty yet still remain imprisoned at guantanamo bay. this one specifically for shaker aamer,who in 2007 was cleared for release but still remains at guantanamo.

https://soundcloud.com/reprieve/pj-harvey_shaker-aamer

and the track is free for download.

Last edited by Scott; 04-08-2013 at 11:55 AM.

02-01-2015

Quote:
PJ Harvey is recording her ninth studio album as an exhibition within the Inland Revenue’s former staff gymnasium and rifle range at Somerset House, London,
From Jan 16th visitors will see and hear PJ Harvey, her guest musicians, recording engineers, and producers Flood and John Parish in a glazed architecturally-designed studio. For forty-five minutes at a time, groups of people will experience the crafting of a record, which could be anything from laying down a bass drum track, to discussions, improvisation, through to full performances of new songs.
One-way glass and sound proofing ensure that the musicians can concentrate on their work, but the space and the people who move through it will help to create both the process and presentation of this project.
The exhibition is commissioned and produced by ARTANGEL and Somerset House.
*somersethouse.org.uk via facebook.com/pjharvey

really looking forward to hearing some new tunes from polly jean and once again she defies the shallowness of the status quo doing something totally out of the box.

03-01-2015
V.I.P.

amazing idea; wish i could see it, but at least we'll have new PJ tunes!!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
07-01-2015

wish they could have it streamed live through the duration of the exhibition for those of us not in london could have a gander?

20-01-2015
V.I.P.

here's a write up on the public recording / installation…

http://flavorwire.com/newswire/pj-ha...avorwireSocial

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
21-01-2015

and that's probably the best thing about this as what you discover in recording sessions often may not turn out the way you expected....full of surprises and layers. just the fact that people get to witness such a genuine and integral artist at work is perhaps the best thing...mundane or not.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
harvey, pj