Placebo - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
29-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdiotGirl
I'm a Brian Molko fan girl.

They have always been my fave band, it's strange but their music really means something to me.
And they're the only one band I have all original records!

Anyone ever heard of Leni? It's perfect

31-03-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny_boho
Anyone ever heard of Leni? It's perfect
I agree, Leni is amazing. I wish they recorded it on album, not just on single. And a song called 'Drink you pretty' is great too!

backstage pass

I was in love with Brian
They rock!

01-04-2006
backstage pass

Without You I'm nothing is my favourite album

02-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes
I agree, Leni is amazing. I wish they recorded it on album, not just on single. And a song called 'Drink you pretty' is great too!
I love it too!
My fave album is WYIN, which is also my fave album of all time yourS?

02-04-2006
tfs star

Quote:
love it too!
My fave album is WYIN, which is also my fave album of all time yourS?
Sometimes I think that ma fav album is WYIN but BMM, SWG, Placebo and Meds have got amazing songs too. So I can't choose their best CD. But I have my favourite videoclips - 1 pure morning ( i love watch and listen it in the morning!), 2 The Bitter End (it's the first Placebo video I've ever seen so I have a very big sentiment to this video), 3 Taste In Man (Brian looks gorgeous, and I like every detail here).

tfs star

I was their fan since I saw the Pure Morning video and I used to feel really, really strongly connected to their music from the debut album and, even more, WYIN. After two or three years of being in love with the band the feeling got a bit less intense , but still hasn't died. I've seen them live twice and those were terrific gigs - Brian is a great performer and he totally knows how to enchant the audience. I'm going to see them again in July and I'm really happy for that show.

Somehow I still don't feel their latest album, it's too remote or too predictable for me and intensity and passion are what I like in Placebo the most. But perhaps it will grow on me with time...

06-05-2006
front row

^ Same here...Somehow Meds didn't hook me as much as their previous work. I still listen to it all the time though, but I guess for me, no album of theirs would ever top WYIN just because of the timing of the release and the emotional impact I felt at that age...

And you can definitely hear their sound evolving with each album, which is may be part of the reason why I like it slightly less, but at the same time why I love them so. Haha sorry, I hope that makes sense...

Anyway, I'm so jealous milamar!...I'd looove to see the guys live. Someday! I'm sure it'll be awesome and have tons of fun! (and tell us all about it after hehe)

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamar
I'm going to see them again in July and I'm really happy for that show.
They are going to perform in Italy on July!

06-05-2006
tfs star

I'm happy we share similar views on their music and I also think I totally get your point on the music development.
I know that - for what their music once meant to me and how it was linked to a certain period in my life - no new album, unless a real breakthrough, will be able to compete with their previous work. At the same time I see that my friends who aren't really Placebo fans, find Meds easily a good and successful album.

I hope you'll get to see them live - apart from regular tours they also often visit summer festivals so maybe this way or other you'll have the opportunity to be at their concert. And I'll write about the July concert with pleasure. It'll be at the Opener Festival in Gdynia, Poland - apart from Placebo (they're the headliner) there will also be Sigur Ros, Franz Ferdinand, The Streets, Scissor Sisters, Coldcut and others - I'm really happy with the line-up.

06-05-2006
tfs star

Quote:
It'll be at the Opener Festival in Gdynia, Poland - apart from Placebo (they're the headliner) there will also be Sigur Ros, Franz Ferdinand, The Streets, Scissor Sisters, Coldcut and others - I'm really happy with the line-up.
I'll be at the Opener Festival too : )
I can't wait to see them on the stage : )

tfs star

Oh, it's great! I'm pretty sure it will be a fantastic gig, they know perfectly well they have a great audience here in Poland.

27-07-2006
V.I.P.

one of my favourite bands ever i love the song ''special needs''

06-08-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Oh, it's great! I'm pretty sure it will be a fantastic gig, they know perfectly well they have a great audience here in Poland.
well today it's one month after they were in Poland. I think the concert was very good but the played tu much songs from last album. I wish they'd played old songs like "Pure Mornng" or " Without You I'm Nothing" But "The Bitter End" and "Running Up That Hill" were amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lon3k3
one of my favourite bands ever i love the song ''special needs''
I like it too

Last edited by stripes; 06-08-2006 at 02:21 PM.
06-08-2006
front row

I loove Placebo, have all their albums!! They are so good and Brian is... divine!!! Such a great music!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
placebo