How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-02-2011
V.I.P.

Just listened to it. I did like it, but I hope it grows on me. My favourites were Morning Mr. Magpie, Lotus Flower, Give Up the Ghost and Separator.

18-02-2011
V.I.P.

Oh my god. Oh my god. I'm going to disconnect from the world and experience the 1st listen. I hope I love it.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
Just listened to it. I did like it, but I hope it grows on me. My favourites were Morning Mr. Magpie, Lotus Flower, Give Up the Ghost and Separator.
i liked the same exact songs as well, apart from Magpie Lotus Flower and Separator really stand out among
the lot though. as usual it takes time for me to digest a Radiohead album, some of the songs are not automatically
likeable and just sound peculiar but i guess this'd be definitely a grower.

V.I.P.

Wow. I find the trick with a Radiohead album is you need to 1. be alone 2. shut the blinds 3. put really good headphones on 4. sit/lay somewhere comfortable, preferably under a blanket. When I do that, I get totally and completely engrossed in every song, and it's sort of a transcending experience. Okay maybe I exaggerate, but it's kind of like taking a warm bath with candles or something. It's ultimate relaxation and out of this world where you just never want it to end. Unfortunately for this album it's only 8 tracks. I felt like time was cut short. However, every single damn track of this album is spot on. Maybe some will grow on me more than others, but there was not one track that I felt like skipping. Thom's voice sounded extra beautiful as well. It sounded like another instrument. His voice is truly one of the most special things about Radiohead as a whole. I thought this album sounded a lot like Little Dragon. Especially Separator...the intro sounds almost exactly like Blinking Pigs' intro. Regardless, it was one of my favorite tracks. Such a beautiful ender.
I don't know how to compare this album to others. It sounds Kid A-ish but not nearly as dark. This album is just different. The beauty of Radiohead is that they surprise us EVERY time. I'm a born-again Radiohead fan.

Last edited by casaanova; 18-02-2011 at 07:48 PM.
18-02-2011
V.I.P.

Oh and how great was the video for Lotus Flower?! I'm so happy we finally have a clear video of Thom's dancing. One of my favorite things in the entire world is seeing Thom dance his "Idioteque" dance. I call it that because he goes absolutely berserk while performing Idioteque live. He is so damn great.

V.I.P.

^ it was very reminiscent of Michael Stipe writhing in Losing My Religion, only Thom had more..
sass, i guess NME has a very interesting article with regards to Thom's dance moves

V.I.P.

^ Thanks for posting the article, it was hilarious. Aww Thom...

V.I.P.

There's a rumor going around that there will be a Part 2 to this album. The vinyl version comes with 2 records. So who knows...
Either way, I'm happy. I'm already antsy to find out when they're going to tour. Their live songs take on a whole other life. These songs will be great, I'm sure of it.

V.I.P.

yeah, people are thinking this due to lyrics "if you think this is over, then you're wrong" by the end of separator (which usually is named "dog cat" or something like that so ppl are taking a hint from that too), also, all the orders are starting with TKOL1 - XXXXXXXX.

i'm so in love with codex, it's like a part two of videotape, same thing goes for little by little (as a part 2 of in limbo). it's absolutely amazing how they're still on a streak after 8 albums, not one weak album still...it scares me a little, tbh.

love the video for lotus flower, thom's one sexy f*cker.

unspecified

There's no way in hell you can watch the video with a straight face.

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
21-02-2011
V.I.P.

Separator is officially my favourite song from the new album. I keep listening to it.

front row

radiohead.com/deadairspace

http://www.theuniversalsigh.com/

Last edited by *ana*; 27-03-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Please do not post direct link to image source
28-04-2011
V.I.P.

Radiohead is also my favourite band.
I love every song, except creep cause it's commercial.
My fav are Bulletproof I wish i was, No surprises and All I need.

22-05-2012
V.I.P.

Rolling Stone Argentina May 2012

scanned by me

V.I.P.

Love that picture of Thom with the bowler hat!!! Wish I could read the article, but thanks for posting!!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
radiohead