How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-08-2004
V.I.P.

Radiohead
My favourite band is Radiohead. I was wondering who else listens to them? I love every single album in a different way and I can not chose a favourite out of them. And Thom Yorke is an absoloute God of music and singing.
Anybody with me?

18-08-2004
V.I.P.

me!

They're my favorite band of all time. I've been to a couple of shows and both of them have been absolutely amazing (Chula Vista- Sept 28th, Coachella- May 1st).

I do have favorites :
mine would be The Bends because it's the one I first got into (when I was 9 ). However, I think their best album so far is KID A, simply because of the quality and originality, it took a while to grow on me but I like it a lot, it's difficult and I still discover something new everytime I listen to it.

seagreen serenades

Of course

18-08-2004
trendsetter

Yeah they are pretty good. I'm not like a giant fan but I listen to their music and I like it.

18-08-2004
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

wouldn't mind seeing them live

V.I.P.

Rahh, The Bends..I also remember listening to them when I was really young like 8 or something..wahah..drifting away to "Black Star"..mmm..

I love their B-Sides, too..if you guys haven't heard any of their B-Sides you should download them..
I especially recommend: The Trickster, True Love Waits, Talk Show Host, This Mess We're In.

And omg, I'm so jealous you saw them in concert!!! They've never been to the city where I live or anywhere near..it pisses me off greatly .

front row

My friend is obsessed with them - she carries a manilla folder filled with pictures and articles of them around with her. Along with this she carries their Biography with all her favourite parts highlighted in perfect lines and her cds.

Its crazy - it really put me off them. I personally don't like their music but I know they've got a large following so they must be doing something right.

19-08-2004
front row

They are great!

It’s hard to choose a favourite album, but the one I’ve been listening to the most is probably The Bends.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by twilight fairy@Aug 19 2004, 07:52 AM
Rahh, The Bends..I also remember listening to them when I was really young like 8 or something..wahah..drifting away to "Black Star"..mmm..

I love their B-Sides, too..if you guys haven't heard any of their B-Sides you should download them..
I especially recommend: The Trickster, True Love Waits, Talk Show Host, This Mess We're In.

And omg, I'm so jealous you saw them in concert!!! They've never been to the city where I live or anywhere near..it pisses me off greatly .
[snapback]338280[/snapback]
yeah, Black Star is great.. I remember when my mom gave me that CD in Christmas, I thought it was weird and I wouldn't listen to it that often. My Iron Lung was the first one that really grew on me.. then came Nice Dream, Street Spirit, etc, etc. I can listen to that album from beginning to end, it's flawless.

oh.. Their b-sides are the best ones. I love all the songs you mentioned. They played Talk Show Host in Chula Vista ...I almost pass out .
Did you catch True Love Waits on that MTV 2 dollar bill concert or something?.. it was memorable.
I particularly love The Amazing Sounds of Orgy and Cinammon Girl.

aw.. I'm sorry for you, it's really a lifetime experience, even for people who are not big RH fans, it's just shocking and the energy is indescribable. Hopefully you'll see them on their next tour

ingenue

I love radiohead. most of their albums are fantastic, but kid-A is definitely my favourite. maybe I'm partial to it because it was the first radiohead music I was ever exposed to, but I think it's really more than that. the bends is brilliant as well...street spirit is beautiful.
I haven't ever seen them live though. my friend went to see them last year, and she called me during the concert and held up her phone to let me listen in a bit.

20-08-2004
tfs star

i like them as well. and it is true. seeing thom york sing live is a wonderful experience. i saw them when they opened for rem for the bends... with ok computer... and on their kid a/amnesiac tour.

if you can manage it... they are worth the trip.

21-08-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by asta@Aug 20 2004, 09:18 PM
i saw them when they opened for rem for the bends...
[snapback]340009[/snapback]
That must have been fantastic!

R.E.M. is the band I’ve been listening to the most. Is it possible to ever get tired of their music?

backstage pass

Love them too.

14-09-2004
windowshopping

radiohead songs are

23-09-2004
backstage pass

i'd love to see them in concert as well.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
radiohead