How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-05-2006
backstage pass

I really really like Dani California and I just ordered Stadium Arcadium. very much looking forward to it.

07-05-2006
backstage pass

it's RHCP weekend on MTV europ

10-05-2006
backstage pass

What are everyone's opinions on the new album?

10-05-2006
Cinematic Vision

^
I haven't heard the new album, but I love the new single - Dani California !

10-05-2006
fashion icon

^ Same here!! and I love the vid for it too, it's really personal and fun

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corso
What are everyone's opinions on the new album?
Well, they're one of my favorite bands so I might be a bit biased but I really like the new album a lot.
It's not their best but it definitely has some really great songs and I can't wait to see them perform the
new songs live!
Their new stuff has been pretty mellow (I was a bit dissapointed with By The Way back in 2002, though
it had its moments) but there are some energetic funky songs on Stadium Arcadium, like Hump de Bump,
Warlocks and Storm In A Teacup.
Anthony's voice sounds a bit too perfect at times.

My personal favorites so far (I haven't really had that much time to really concentrate on them):
Jupiter:
Charlie
Hump de Bump
Torture Me

Mars:
Desecration Smile
She Looks to Me
Turn It Again

It's a good album, definitely worth of buying.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite Coquette
Well, they're one of my favorite bands so I might be a bit biased but I really like the new album a lot.
It's not their best but it definitely has some really great songs and I can't wait to see them perform the
new songs live!
Their new stuff has been pretty mellow (I was a bit dissapointed with By The Way back in 2002, though
it had its moments) but there are some energetic funky songs on Stadium Arcadium, like Hump de Bump,
Warlocks and Storm In A Teacup.
Anthony's voice sounds a bit too perfect at times.

My personal favorites so far (I haven't really had that much time to really concentrate on them):
Jupiter:
Charlie
Hump de Bump
Torture Me

Mars:
Desecration Smile
She Looks to Me
Turn It Again

It's a good album, definitely worth of buying.
I've been listening to samples from their new album, and I'm not really feeling it . I just recently became a fan, and I've been going backwards and listening to their older stuff which I definitely prefer more. I loved the funkier and more edgy sound they had in the eighties and in the early nineties. Obviously BSSM is an awesome album, and I really like Mother's Milk. Also, I really think One Hot Minute is extremely underrated! John F is amazing, and I understand he wasn't in the band then, but I still think One Hot Minute was an amazing album. Some of my favorite songs from that include My Friends, Aeroplane, Transcending, Warped, Pea, and Walkabout. But anyway, I think their newer stuff is too mellow and more commercial. Californication and By The Way were good albums, but definitely not their best in my opinion.

11-05-2006
trendsetter

I think By The Way was a better album. I'm disappointed. She's Only 18, Snow (Hey Oh) & Torture Me are the favorites.

Always Coming Back Home To You - Atmosphere
11-05-2006
backstage pass

I'm really interested in hearing the new album. Has anyone seen there DVD from way back in the day?

12-05-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mya-
I've been listening to samples from their new album, and I'm not really feeling it . I just recently became a fan, and I've been going backwards and listening to their older stuff which I definitely prefer more. I loved the funkier and more edgy sound they had in the eighties and in the early nineties. Obviously BSSM is an awesome album, and I really like Mother's Milk. Also, I really think One Hot Minute is extremely underrated! John F is amazing, and I understand he wasn't in the band then, but I still think One Hot Minute was an amazing album. Some of my favorite songs from that include My Friends, Aeroplane, Transcending, Warped, Pea, and Walkabout. But anyway, I think their newer stuff is too mellow and more commercial. Californication and By The Way were good albums, but definitely not their best in my opinion.
Hey, totally agree about One Hot Minute, it's very underrated. My favourite song on that album is Tearjerker, i love it when Anthony says 'Can you turn up the track a little bit please' at the start. Whole album is very heavy though compared to the other albums which kinda makes it not sound like the Chilis at all. I guess that's to do with the type of guitar sound Dave Navarro uses. I once saw an interview with Anthony Kiedis where he said Navarro was a great guitarist just not the best guitarist for Red Hot Chili Peppers. I think i agree with that. The Chilis sound is more complete with John Fruiscante, they need him to sound like they should.

With regards to the new album, i think if you listened to it in full you might be more pleased. I reckon it's the most funky album they've done since Blood Sugar... There are so many tracks which could have easily come from that album. The whole band is on great form, Anthony's voice just gets better and John's soloing is incredible. Good tracks for me are:

Dani California (obviously)
Charlie
Hump de Bump
She's Only 18
Slow Cheetah
Warlocks (particular favourite)
C'mon Girl
Wet Sand
Desecration Smile
Tell Me Baby
Storm In A Teacup

12-05-2006
backstage pass

Who remembers Anthony making out and holding hands with some guy at an awards show a few years back? I can't get that memory out of my head......

12-05-2006
front row

I love RHCP! They're also one of my favorit bands , (I'm addicted to CAN'T STOP)

12-05-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corso
Hey, totally agree about One Hot Minute, it's very underrated. My favourite song on that album is Tearjerker, i love it when Anthony says 'Can you turn up the track a little bit please' at the start. Whole album is very heavy though compared to the other albums which kinda makes it not sound like the Chilis at all. I guess that's to do with the type of guitar sound Dave Navarro uses. I once saw an interview with Anthony Kiedis where he said Navarro was a great guitarist just not the best guitarist for Red Hot Chili Peppers. I think i agree with that. The Chilis sound is more complete with John Fruiscante, they need him to sound like they should.

With regards to the new album, i think if you listened to it in full you might be more pleased. I reckon it's the most funky album they've done since Blood Sugar... There are so many tracks which could have easily come from that album. The whole band is on great form, Anthony's voice just gets better and John's soloing is incredible. Good tracks for me are:

Dani California (obviously)
Charlie
Hump de Bump
She's Only 18
Slow Cheetah
Warlocks (particular favourite)
C'mon Girl
Wet Sand
Desecration Smile
Tell Me Baby
Storm In A Teacup
You're right. Dave Navarro is an amazing guitarist but probably not the best for the RHCP's sound. However, I'm still glad he was with the band at one point to make One Hot Minute. It is a lot heavier than other RHCP albums, but that's what I like about it. I think it's good for bands to experiment with different sounds. Anyway, I'm listening to the samples again, and they're slowly growing on me. Obviously, I would probably need to just buy the whole album to listen to the full-length songs and get a really good feel for them.

12-05-2006
trendsetter

i really like the song dani california...the mv rocks

12-05-2006
fashion elite

^ ahh I know!! The video cracks me up. Such a good song.

fave songs of theirs:
Dani California!
Californication
By the Way
Can't Stop
My Friends
I Could Die for You

I fell in love with them when my brother would stay up till the early hours of the morning strumming away on his elec. guitar trying to play chords from RHCP songs, with their music in the background. Thank god my parents room is far away from our adjacent rooms...lateee nights filled with RHCP!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chili, hot, peppers, red