How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-12-2005
Zen
V.I.P.

Prunes anyone?

26-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox
Prunes anyone?
I love the Stones, and I do think Keith was very sexy circa 1968 and in the very early '70's. They are wrinkly, yes. But I have such admiration for them. I have seen them in concert many times, and am always amazed at Mick's stamina. I mean, how many men over the age of 60 can sing and dance and run all over the stage to over 20 songs? I gotta hand it to Mick for keeping his body in great physical condition - he's like an athlete.
True, I hate how the drugs have aged Keith. But he is such a brilliant, intelligent, witty man who writes the BEST lyrics ever.
And to be honest, they're not that wrinkly in person. I was surprised the first time I saw them. They are very short - 5'7" to 5'8", but they are all very lean and have the tonest biceps from all those years of playing guitar, drums, et al.
I just love those guys...and for them to have been together for over 43 years really says a lot.

27-12-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox
Prunes anyone?
Who cares. Their a great band.

27-12-2005
rising star

love them!

27-12-2005
front row

I'm going to see them in concert in June!

I love them so much. Keith used to be so hot. and Mick too!
It's hard to pick a few favourites, but 'She's a Rainbow' and 'It's only Rock 'n' Roll' has always been my songs.

28-12-2005
rising star

I'm also going to see them in June! Hurray

My favorite Stones songs are: Jumpin' Jack Flash, Under my thumb and Shes a Rainbow

backstage pass

My favorite Stones songs are "The Worst" by Keith Richards (his voice is awesome on this song!), "Paint It Black," and just about the entire Exile album! I love "Moonlight Mile" and most of their more obscure songs.
It's so hard to pick one favorite because they have such a huge selection to choose from!

01-01-2006
trendsetter

I used to love listening to 'Moonlight Mile' before going to sleep a long time ago.I used to be a die-hard Rolling Stones fan in my teens (I would listen to them every day) . I was really obsessed with Brian Jones (and Anita Pallenberg) . My favourite albums might be 'Their Satanic Majesties Request' and 'Let It Bleed' . I do think that Keith and Mick were really hot back then. 'The 'Rolling Stones Rock'n'Roll Circus' film , 'Gimme Shelter' are great . I have two books about them, the huge one published by Virgin and a really rare one 'The Rolling Stones : The First Twenty Years' by David Dalton which contains a lot of rare pictures and interviews (I nearly cried when I found it at book fair) and also a book written by Anna Wohlin , Brian's last girlfriend about him , and a book about 'Performance' (film with Anita and Mick). I really like what they did during their first ten years , I'm not really a fan of the rest except for a few songs . Style wise, they were a huge influence , and I also like the style of some people who are related to them like Bianca and Jade Jagger ...

01-01-2006
trendsetter

Favourite songs : ' Sing This Song Together ( See What Happens)' , 'Monkey Man' , 'Going Home' , 'Can't You Hear Me Knocking' , 'Angie' , 'Jigsaw Puzzle' , 'Midnight Rambler' , 'Sympathy for the Devil' , 'Jiving Sister Fanny' , 'Miss You'

01-01-2006
V.I.P.

i LOVE the stones, some great songs:the last time, time waits for no one, paint it black, happy, sweet virginia, ruby tuesday, gimme shelter, salt of the earth and OMG SO MANY GREAT SONGS...

V.I.P.

and i love this one - you cant always get what you want.

V.I.P.

and my absolute favourite "wild horses" makes me sad and happy at the same time...

windowshopping

Does anybody know of any good fashion books on either the rolling stones or......
1960's/70's rock star fashion in general?

Thanks

08-01-2006
trendsetter

'Rock Style : How Fashion Moves to Music' by Tommy Hilfiger talks about some rock stars' fashion styles including Jagger and Richards, Jimi Hendrix and others...

08-01-2006

I adore the rolling stones especially Keith

(sympathyforthedevils.com)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg keithrichards1.jpg (29.9 KB, 12 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
rolling, stones