How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-06-2013
backstage pass

saw them last year in Japan, it was dreamy

30-06-2013
tfs star

i love their new album, i've seen them in concert last year and it was one of the best concert experience.

12-09-2013
V.I.P.

Game of Thrones' casts Sigur Ros in season 4 -- EXCLUSIVE -insidetv.ew.com

Quote:
In what’s become a Game of Thrones tradition, the HBO fantasy hit has teamed with an acclaimed indie band for the upcoming season.

Thrones has landed Icelandic art-pop sensation Sigur Rós to appear in season four. Jón Þór “Jónsi” Birgisson, Georg Hólm and Orri Páll Dýrason are currently shooting an appearance on the Thrones set in Croatia. What will the band mates do? Will they play a song? Might a bowed guitar be involved?

We’re sworn to secrecy on the nature of the appearance. But they are musicians, so … let the speculation begin!

Thrones showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss are longtime fans of Sigur Rós and would often listen to their music while shooting in Iceland (one of several countries used in the production of the show).

GET MORE EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 33¢ an issue!

In past seasons, Thrones has tapped The National and The Hold Steady to perform songs inspired by lyrics in George R.R. Martin’s Song of Ice and Fire saga (“The Rains of Castamere” and “The Bear and Maiden Fair,” respectively). Both tracks were also used on Thrones soundtracks. The show has also enlisted members of Snow Patrol and Coldplay for guest appearances.

Sigur Rós also had a guest spot on The Simpsons last season and are on the verge of starting a U.S. tour. Thrones returns to HBO next spring.

12-09-2013
V.I.P.

^ That would be interesting to see...hmmmm

10-10-2013
V.I.P.

I saw them live recently. Their live show is amazing!! , its something that needs to be checked out multiple times. It was an incredibly moving concert experience. I have been to a decent amount of concert and as cheesy as it sounds their performance was truly touching to the soul

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ros, sigur