How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-07-2011
flaunt the imperfection..

Spotify
what is the deal with this?...
is it cool...how does it work...?
anyone used it yet?

do you have to join google + to use it?

anyone have any info?....invites?...

TIA...

Last edited by softgrey; 21-07-2011 at 10:54 AM.

21-07-2011
tfs star

It has nothing to do with Google + so it's not necessary to use that for it. I've had the application for it on my computer for almost a whole 2 years now. It's been available in countries in Europe but just got to us. In fact, I was positive there was already a thread about it, but I didn't find it with the search function. The app pretty much looks like Itunes and it has a decent amount of music on it compared to some internet radio sites, plus it includes whatever music you have on your computer already. I'm still waiting to see when it'll allow me to invite people. I don't know if people have to use it a certain amount of time first.

Last edited by ChloeFrancoise; 21-07-2011 at 11:44 AM.
21-07-2011
fashion insider

It's ok but the catalogue does have limitations. They've increased it a lot since they first started but it's still lacking, especially in non-English music, I find. It is very good for listening to whole albums though, I haven't downloaded as much since I've been using spotify.

Haven't really used the social aspect of it, so I can't judge.

Only thing I'm sad about is I can't use my free account outside of the UK, you have to pay for it in the US Also I changed my account from a UK to a US account (cheaper ) and I'm wondering if all of the available music is the same in all countries (because of licensing agreements?)

backstage pass

I've been using Spotify since it first came out some years ago, its the best. You have everything in one place and you dont have to download music all the time. So it saves up a lot of space on my mac too.
At first I just had the free version with the commercials, but now, at least in Norway, you have just 120 minutes or something each month to listen to the music so I started paying for it a few months ago and its totally worth it.

Last edited by Nikoline; 21-07-2011 at 02:58 PM.
23-07-2011
tfs star

Some of the limitations I noticed were with some of the soundtrack music I was hoping to find (esp. since I mostly watch old movies). Some of it I could easily buy but some isn't easily available. I did find some of the harder to find stuff though so I'm pleased with that.

25-07-2011
I'm the hero of the story

I've been using Spotify for about 3 years now and I really like it. You can also import your own music files on it from your computer, so it doesn't really bother me that sometimes I cannot find a certain song for streaming, as I can just play it from my local files.

Also an awesome plus is that as a premium member I can stream music on my iPhone as well, anywhere & anytime.

I have never used the other versions besides premium so I cannot comment on those.

I have a few invites that I'd be happy to give out to tFS members - PM me.

flaunt the imperfection..

i signed up on their site and they sent me an invite...
so i have been playing with it...

but i guess i dont' really listen to music on my computer much at home, so i'm not really feeling so great about it...
isn't pandora kind of better because you just put in a bunch of songs and then forget about it...

it seems like a lot of work to have to find a bunch of music and create a bunch of playlists...

i mean...it's great if there is just one song that i want to hear at a particular moment...
but i don't get how it's so great...

unless, of course, i get a premium account...
cause then i think that being about to stream music on my phone would be cool...
but again...
i have pandora for free...so...yeah...why pay for something you can get for free..
even if it's not that much money...
it's still spending money you don't have to that you could spend on other stuff that isn't available for free...

maybe i'm missing something though...
am i?...

26-07-2011
trendsetter

spotify is god =P it's like itunes, but free, and if you feel like it you can also buy the track. i have premium so i don't need my ipod anymore, i just use my phone.

and it seems now its available to US users too =)

and you can see what your friends are listening to

backstage pass

^ Haha, I know, that's actually kinda funny.. You can see what they are really listening to when you are not around. I caught a friend of mine listening to Spice Girls here the other day, and he is not that kind of guy at all so when I told him he got so embarrassed :p "But they are kinda good.... Some of them..." hahahah.

Last edited by Nikoline; 26-07-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
spotify