How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-08-2004
& b

Quote:
Originally posted by Holland_MULTIMEDIA*@Aug 26 2004, 09:16 PM
Hey Dior, I all the different runway soundtracks made for Dior Homme by Readymade including both the "Follow Me" versions that are like 30 minutes long. I also have the "Victim of the Crime" and "Luster" collections. I have them saved on my computer right now most are around 15kb-25kb In total. Ill have to check my hard drive but I think there were like 3 versions of the Dior Homme S/S 2003 "Follow Me" collection and I have them all. Message me if you know a way to transfer the files to you.
[attachmentid=24795]
Damn, i wish I had gmail for things like this, then i could just email them. Heres a pic of the Dior Homme CD [attachmentid=24794][attachmentid=24796]
[snapback]346748[/snapback]

I have that soundtrack...Im in love with Phoenix

27-08-2004
Unveil Yourself....

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro@Aug 27 2004, 08:19 PM
What's funny is that, Nina Simone wasnt' that "hot" until Dior came out with that song down the runway, now I hear it everywhere, and mixes on clubs and whatever... ... what people have to do to apreciate good music, hah
[snapback]347160[/snapback]
No trust me, I've had the same thing with lots of songs that I had NEVER heard untill they were in a Dior show and suddenly I hear it everywhere...the songs were there before, but only because you now connect that song to a fashion show you start noticing it. I have the same thing lots of times with new words or expressions I learn....

twitter.com/ErikP87
27-08-2004
rising star

This may be a little odd but i'm thinking of the retrospective showstudio.com had done on mcqueen's work when he got the bellwether or whatever it's called. they put up those little videos and i think it's on the 6th video where the girl is being sprayed by the mechanical arms, there's classical music playing...doesn't anyone have any idea what that song is? the videos are still up and running in the archives...i've been searching everywhere and finally heard it in a restaurant of all places but they had no idea what it was...

27-08-2004
backstage pass

The remix of Alanis Morisette's "21 Things" with Courtney Love et al for Spring/Summer 2004 Dior by Jeremy.

Also Kate Bush for Gaultier.

Charles Baudelaire
28-08-2004
windowshopping

I love all Dior homme runway music!
especially 2004 F/W...Phoenix!

28-08-2004
backstage pass

I've really got into the music Valentino has used for the past few seasons...

28-08-2004
front row

Maybe a stupid question but I'm new here so please forgive me.

How do you know what songs are being played at the shows and where can you find them?

Wanderlust

Just watch the shows at style.com or on the designer's website (Dior, Versace, Galliano, Fendi, and others have the shows on their website). If you can catch some of the lyrics, type those into google and hopefully you'll be returned some results

I'm really into the music at Alexander McQueen shows. Especially the latest show: "Babooshka" by Kate Bush

28-08-2004
barcode

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro@Aug 27 2004, 01:19 PM
What's funny is that, Nina Simone wasnt' that "hot" until Dior came out with that song down the runway, now I hear it everywhere, and mixes on clubs and whatever... ... what people have to do to apreciate good music, hah
[snapback]347160[/snapback]
Oh I'm totally one of those people who heard it at Dior and loves Nina now.......ooops

Just downladed the Gucci men f/w 03 soundtrack.......awesome music.

Also, I remember Dior HC f/w 02 had a really interesting soundtrack, it was a gospel choir singing to a techno beat......can't remember what songs they used, anyone know?

29-08-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Spike413@Aug 29 2004, 12:13 AM
Also, I remember Dior HC f/w 02 had a really interesting soundtrack, it was a gospel choir singing to a techno beat......can't remember what songs they used, anyone know?
[snapback]348547[/snapback]

I'm wondering that 2

and still want to know the song played at Rochas lasted show that was an amazing song

and i like Nina ,too
when i heard "sinnerman" at Dior show i started to like it and to look for it everywhere(i didnt know Nina before and even I'm not good at english)
i was trying still to catch some lyrics of that song when i heard some words like "run to the sea"so i searched agian and found this song

windowshopping

2002 F/W Dior homme sound track was Readymade FC for Reflection

29-08-2004
rising star

I think nice songs for "strong" runways are:

1. Scandalus

2. Obsession ---> Aventura

3. Shake it ---> Sakis Rouvas (greek participation for Eurovision Song Contest 2004, {got the 3rd place})

what do u say?

29-08-2004
backstage pass

I always thought it would be interesting to use Ben Kweller, Ben Folds, or The Dismemberment Plan.

29-08-2004
rising star

Also, I really like the Transsiberian Orchestra's version of Carrol of the Bells. it would be so awesome for an autum collection

29-08-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Salvatore@Aug 28 2004, 06:25 PM

I'm really into the music at Alexander McQueen shows. Especially the latest show: "Babooshka" by Kate Bush
[snapback]348344[/snapback]
i love her !!also like "Hounds of Love" played at DiorHC 2003ss

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, music, runway, spring or summer