How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-09-2010
Blood On The Leaves

3.1 Phillip Lim?

15-09-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyest View Post
who's playing at Nanette Lepore??? wow it's amazing!

apparently john forté!

V.I.P.

oh dear, you can't imagine how big my smile is right now! thank you love! I didn't know who he was!

15-09-2010
V.I.P.

ok I've recognized only "Your side" by John Forte at Nanette Lepore. Those songs should be from the upcoming album Water Light Sound. He's my new love!

16-09-2010
V.I.P.

Proenzas one was fine. The classic music fit to the collection. The only annyoing thing was this weird guy singing "dudiduidu" the whole time
But the final song actually was the best, they could've used this for the entire show! Does s.o know the name? The show isn't on YT yet but on Proenzas website. I would like to know it

trendsetter

^well thats the interesting part of the song....its not that easy sings bumblebee

trendsetter

I'm also quite desperate to find the name of the last electric song at Proenza! Anyone?

16-09-2010
V.I.P.

The finale song at Proenza Schouler is

Modeselector - Sucker Pin

16-09-2010
trendsetter

TY! ..

16-09-2010
V.I.P.

thank you cul8tr
that song was basically the one who did that soundtrack, couldn't stand their diddidudidudidiu songs, haha!

16-09-2010
rising star

Calvin Klein playlist, anyone? DYING TO KNOW!

16-09-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangster View Post
Proenzas one was fine. The classic music fit to the collection. The only annyoing thing was this weird guy singing "dudiduidu" the whole time
But the final song actually was the best, they could've used this for the entire show! Does s.o know the name? The show isn't on YT yet but on Proenzas website. I would like to know it
Alas, music is indeed subjective

That guy is non other than one of the legends and geniuses from the world of music
Bobby McFerrin

Bobby McFerrin (born New York City, March 11, 1950) is one of the natural wonders of the music world A ten-time Grammy Award winner, he is one of the world's best-known vocal innovators and improvisers, a world-renowned classical conductor, the creator of "Don't Worry Be Happy", one of the most popular songs of the late 20th century, and a passionate spokesman for music education. His recordings have sold over 20 million copies, and his collaborations including those with with Yo-Yo Ma, Chick Corea the Vienna Philharmonic, and Herbie Hancock have established him as an ambassador of both the classical and jazz worlds. With a four-octave range and a vast array of vocal techniques, McFerrin is no mere singer; he is music's last true Renaissance man, a vocal explorer who has combined jazz, folk and a multitude of world music influences - choral a cappella, and classical music - with his own ingredients. As a conductor, Bobby is able to convey his innate musicality in an entirely different context. He has worked with such orchestras as the New York Philharmonic, the Cleveland Orchestra, the Chicago Symphony, the Philadelphia Orchestra, and the Vienna Philharmonic. 'Unconventional' is a good way to describe the career of Bobby McFerrin Those familiar with McFerrin's shows, whether as a conductor or a vocalist, know that each one is a unique event that resonates with the unexpected. He is that rare artist who has the ability to reach beyond musical genres and stereotypes for a sound that is entirely his own. As one of the foremost guardians of music's rich heritage, he remains at the vanguard with his natural, beautiful and timeless music that transcends all borders and embraces all cultures. Visit www.bobbymcferrin.com
The classical tracks featured during the show were:

Concerto for violin, strings & continuo No. 1 in A minor, BWV 1041 I Movement Bobby McFerrin: Paper Music

The Tale of Tsar Saltan (Skazka o Tsare Saltane), opera in 4 acts with a prologue The Flight of the Bumblebee (Yo-Yo Ma & Bobby McFerrin: Hush)

Double Cello Concerto, for 2 cellos, strings & continuo in G minor, RV 531 Bobby McFerrin (Paper Music)

And the delightful contrast against Modelselektor's Sucker Pin from Happy Birthday!

V.I.P.

thanks so much for the song cul8tr!!

Rag&Bone had such a cool soundtrack! I know It was asked before, but s.o pls now any track?

V.I.P.

yes someone didn't take very kindly to my description of that annoying music at proenza

rising star

Could someone rip the Oscar de la Renta soundtrack? Or does someone know the complete tracklist? Thank you very much

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, music, runway, spring or summer