How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-02-2010
.my prison is your brain.

The Strokes
Moderator's Note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please stay on topic!
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use the search function.
Thank you!

Video from the boys (sans Julian unfortunately) in the studio!

Last edited by MissMagAddict; 06-04-2010 at 11:10 AM.

12-02-2010
rising star

Squeeeeee!!!!!! tooo exciting omg omg omg!!!

15-02-2010
goodbye kiss

Thanks darling, so excited.

From nme.

The Strokes have released a 'behind the scenes' video showing the band working on their new album, and you can see it by scrolling down.

Featuring the New York group in Manhattan's Avatar Studios, the 9-minute film includes the band working on a new song called 'Taken For A Fool' with producer Joe Chiccarelli.

Meanwhile earlier today, Julian Casablancas revealed The Strokes will play just two shows this summer.

Casablancas told NME.COM that those will be the band's only shows before they complete the record, with a September release planned.

"We're doing two with The Strokes and that's it for the summer," he said, adding he would take his solo show on the road again instead. "I'll do other festivals alone, If they'll have me!"

See this week's issue of NME, on UK newsstands now, for a full interview with Casablancas, during which he discusses the possibility of playing free shows this year too.

13-03-2010
goodbye kiss

Quote:
The Strokes confirmed for this year's Lollaalooza festival
Julian Casablancas reveals the band will play the Chicago event, according to reports
The Strokes are set to play this year's Lollapalooza festival, according to reports in the US.

The Chicago Tribune reports that frontman Julian Casablancas confirmed that the band, currently working on the follow-up to 2006's 'First Impressions Of Earth', would be playing the event, which takes place at Grant Park, Chicago between August 6-8.

Meanwhile, Casablancas also gave an update on how work on the new album was going.

"I've written a lot of melodies for it," he explained. "But the other guys have also contributed a lot more: melodies, choruses, parts. It's way more collaborative. So it’ll have a different feel than our other albums."

As previously reported, The Strokes are also set to play the Isle Of Wight and Rock Ness festivals this summer.

nme.com

14-03-2010
windowshopping

Ahhh I cannot wait until the new album's out and they start touring again.

23-03-2010

Hmm.. not sure what to make of this. Could end up being bad, could be nothing to worry about. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
The Strokes recording new album without Julian Casablancas

Julian Casablancas says that The Strokes are recording their new album without him present in the studio.

The frontman explained that he was leaving his bandmates to work on the music for the record, before he adds vocals alone later on to prevent himself from interfering.

"I think they [the other band members] did a good job," he told ABC News. "Just tracking the songs. It's been nice to get my hands on it."

Explaining why he was removing himself from band recording sessions he added: "I thought honestly it would be a good chance for them to kind of…

"I'm pretty opinionated. Nothing pushy to the point of it's my way or no way, but I'll hear a song and be like, 'Hmmm, it feels like the bass should be like something different'. Whereas if I feel like I wasn't in the room then they could just kind of spread their wings."

He went on to say that the new album "sounds probably more like the last record [2006's 'First Impressions Of Earth'], but I think I might funk it up a little".

The Strokes are set to play the Isle Of Wight festival on June 12 then Rock Ness in Scotland on June 13. Casablancas admitted that the motivation behind agreeing to play them was money.

"Should I say the truth? Money," he said when asked why the band agreed to play the shows. "Yeah. The offers were so crazy that we had to say yes." - nme

06-04-2010
front row

the strokes are doing shows in australia (melbourne + sydney) in july. for all you lucky aussies! kinda depressed, as i'm in new zealand, and no sign of a show yet if at all.

06-04-2010
tfs star

^I know! I wish I could go but I don't think I can cause my final high school exam block is just after that

06-04-2010
goodbye kiss

New thread! Nice to know that KOL is not the only bad that has 2 threads.

08-04-2010
V.I.P.

They better tour once their new album comes out. Such exciting news

30-04-2010
goodbye kiss

It made my day! Especially dedicated to my twin sister.

Fabricio Moretti: Strokes Album, Ouu 'Soon', a Throwback to Their Debut
How’s the long-gestating, non-hierarchically structured new Strokes album coming along? We asked Fabrizio Moretti, Strokes drummer (and one-third of the band Little Joy), after he D.J.-ed a set for the new Sunglass Hut flagship store last night. “It's going well,” he said outside, smoking a Marlboro. “We recorded at Albert [Hammond Jr.]'s studio upstate. We're, like, inching ever so closer to the ****ing finish line, like turtles, but it's happening.” Moretti said the album will be out “soon,” but he couldn't promise it'll be within the year.
There’s even better news: Moretti says that album is turning out “a lot more like the first record.” The first album, he explained, “was made through the course of our youth. And then the second and the third were kind of made within the schedule of just whatever the **** we were doing at the time. But now, because we've had the time to kind of just chill out, we got the chance to just kind of jam it out with each other.” Jamming out, of course, isn’t exactly Julian Casablancas’s style. So how’s everybody been getting along? “There are moments when it's sandpaper against sandpaper,” he admitted, without getting specific. “There are five different people and five different convictions, but we speak the same language. We always had the kind of gang mentality, but the older we get the more we realize the gang is actually a family. We're each other's chosen family, I guess.”
Moretti, whose exes include Drew Barrymore, confirmed that he's dating Little Joy bandmate Binki Shapiro. "It's tough sometimes," he said. "In music you don't punch out at the end of the day. You come home when you're done with your ****ing show or recording and you have to work on more music, so bringing work to home or home to work is sometimes stressful, but it has its benefits." He added: "I tell her that I love her all the time." Moretti, back with a scruffy beard and disheveled locks after a brief flirtation with a cleaner cut, looked great. In fact, last night his hair was professionally mussed. “I just came from a photo shoot with Elle magazine,” he explained, “so I just let them do it for me.” He said it's still “a little bit weird” to be in fashion magazines, but the shoot “was really about Binki, and I was just the stooge that stood next to her every once in a while.”

nymag

30-04-2010
old-fashioned

Quote:
There’s even better news: Moretti says that album is turning out “a lot more like the first record.”

fabrizio looks really good by the way...

01-05-2010
trendsetter

Oooooo Yay a new album!

03-05-2010

ckgirlbr, thanks so much for the news! Brightened my Monday morning right up

04-05-2010
thunder perfect mind

excited for the new album. and i agree with *ana* fabrizio looks really good

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
strokes