How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-10-2007
Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

Weren't we all supposed to be dust come the year 2000? Y2K anyone?!

14-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKharma View Post
I won't even get to finish college. :sad:

I would actually prefer it be the end of the world than the end of time, because more than likely (going with Christian doctrine here, considering that the only one I really know), either Satan is going to come back and start chopping off people's heads and witchunting the religious, or we will all revert back to hunter/gatherer times. I don't want either!
What's this part about witch hunting the religious?
I only heard about the devil coming in the form of something benign

there's also a part where it says it's a giant sea monster with many heads:p

14-10-2007
V.I.P.

There will definately be one sort of end of the world. 2012 Olympics. In London. THOUSANDS of tourists and crowds and congestion. Ugh. Even the apocalypse is afraid.

14-10-2007
fashion icon

Hmmm I didn't see the show, but about the natural disasters point, the Christian faith also believes that around Christ's second coming (aka end of the world/armageddon, whatever you want to call it) there will be a large scale series of natural disasters preluding his coming that will wipe out a big portion of the Earth. So then NASA and the bible and the history channel all agree, sort of, how the earth is going to end, but I'm kind of skeptical about the dates. Personally i'm just going to live life as I always have and not worry about it. The bible has a whole bunch of prophecies that haven't been fulfilled (which is needed for the series of natural disasters to happen) and won't be for a while, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Last edited by ptowngal; 14-10-2007 at 07:37 PM.

14-10-2007
trendsetter

The world will end on my 25th birthday.

14-10-2007
front row

I always find these things so fascinating and intriguing. I guess it is human nature for us to have urges to predict such things. But when everything is laid out so nicely and in an organized manner, THANKS HISTORY CHANNEL, it does make you a bit scared. But it has been nice everyone. Good riddance

Nothing brings down the mood quiet like impending doom.

14-10-2007
trendsetter

Man this freaks this sh*t out of me

Skeptics, comfort me with your logic!

Last edited by strawberry daiquiri; 31-10-2007 at 01:52 PM. Reason: please see tFS guidelines - profanity

14-10-2007
oh! darling

Well, anything is possible... yes? I find it wrong to scare people out of their whits because of a milestone like 2000, but December 21 is such a random date.

14-10-2007
& b

I don't believe this. It's scary when the cold facts are thrown at your face, but hell, many things have been predicted before, some have happened, most haven't.

So i'll just sit and wait, better catch me off guard than acting a lunatic waiting for it to happen.

Hopefully, its just all of us to be debt free and start with a million dollars on our accounts.

14-10-2007
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
Well, anything is possible... yes? I find it wrong to scare people out of their whits because of a milestone like 2000, but December 21 is such a random date.

It's actually not such a random date. I'm no expert, but it has something to do with the Mayan calendar and 12/21/2012

14-10-2007
V.I.P.

i dont believe ut at all!!seems a little funny if u ask me

14-10-2007
fashion elite

wasnt the world supposed to end like a bazillion times before or something?

14-10-2007
fashion icon

You know. I just got done taking a Mesoamerican anthropology course where we looked at the Mayan long count of 2010. The real "end of the world" for the Mayans is October 31 (I believe. I don't remember for sure!) in 3023, or something ridiculous like that. This is the end of the fourth world, so. A time of jubilation for purging and all of that. Not to mention, King Palenque of Tikal where the stela with 12-21-12 is located predicted we'd be celebrating his reign in 2107. Ironic, right? So. Even the Mayans thought we'd end up okay.

Either way. I am going to be far away from Mexico that day. Hello, Shetland islands!

And the lineup of the sun, the center of the galaxy, and the earth has happened before. About 20,000 years ago and hominids were kicking it on their way out of Africa, so I think we ought to maybe hopefully be okay. (Or I'll be very, very put off for being wrong).

14-10-2007
V.I.P.

When i was very young a middle Eastern religion predicted the end of the world on a certain date and it was published in many papers. One of my classmates terrorized the rest of us because she believed she was one of the chosen ones who was going to be singled out to be saved. Well the date came near and I became physically sick at home and my mom put me to bed even though I didn't have any of the classic symptoms. The date came and went and I was still alive and quickly recovered and couldn't wait to get back to school to knock the living s**t out of our doomsday enemy.....the moral of this story is to take each day as it comes....make sure your doing what makes you happy and stop worrying about whats going to happen down the line.

14-10-2007
V.I.P.

i agree with u model mom, its wrong to worry about the end of the world near or not it hasnt come and thats all that matters. scientificly or unscientificly the end of the world comes someday but we dont need to worry about that now!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, ending, world